“BUSINESS TRIP”

Courtyard Prague City
Ranked #96 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Hotel selected by our company as conveniently located not far from our offices and not too far from center.Modern building, pleasant decoration ( much better than some US Marriott with gloomy colors).Rooms have a good size , desk , well lit , free wifi , simple but nice bathroom. Basic amenities, good hairdrier. bed is confortable, good insulation with the windows. We had diner in the restaurant, quite animated, seems several business people keep coming back and enjoy the palce. Good food , we had the argentinian beef , excellent. Wine list a bit poor as they did not have what was written.Service friendly and efficient. good buffet breakfast too.
good price tto. i'll definitely go back to that palce if I come back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank balay29
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Prague City

Reviewed March 24, 2014

This hotel may be slightly away from the Old Town and tourist areas but that is why I enjoyed it. Plus the rates are good because it is not in the heart of the "action". I stayed here during my first visit to Prague and I appreciated the quiet, low key no-tourist neighborhood after days of sightseeing. It is very close to the Flora subway stop with easy service within minutes to the Old Town. The hotel is modern, spacious and very clean. My room and bed were very comfortable and free wi-fi in room was great. Breakfast in hotel restaurant was pricey but very good. There is a newish shopping mall right across the street and it is also attached to the subway. There are several decent restaurants (good Thai place on top floor; nice raw juice bar on lower level) and some small nice shops here as well as a full size supermarket.. The staff was friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed here for two nights. All the staff were very helpful and friendly at check-in and checkout. Everywhere spotlessly clean, the room was great with a desk, sofa, free internet access, safe and nice bathroom. It would be nice to have some complimentary water in the room.

There is a mini-mart in the lobby selling probably all you might need, including beer and wine.

The breakfast (not in the room rate) was excellent.

The location on a map looks a bit from the city centre, but there is a shopping centre across the road and many restaurants and bars nearby, and it is about 200 meters from metro station Flora and 2 stops from downtown.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank GAMA-a1234567
FloraManager, General Manager at Courtyard Prague City, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel and I'm delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. Our employees are always pleased to receive such feedback. We also have room rates available including breakfast for those who wish to simplify their stay giving full access to our buffet breakfast. It may interest you to know we have just made wi-fi internet free of charge throughout the hotel in recognition of the essential role staying connected plays in todays world. I hope to see you again in our hotel.

Best regards

Colin Stanley

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I am not a stranger to Prague but first time in this Hotel. Great location directly beside Flora shopping mall in Prague 3 and also the subway straight to downtown (Muzeum & Vaclavske Namesti). I stayed in this hotel almost 2 weeks and will use it from now on.

Rates are reasonable, rooms were super clean, several computers available in the business center (which did not restrict Facebook access) and a small but adequate fitness room. The service @ the front desk was perfect and very very prompt each time I went there.

I just cannot find a flaw with this one. Loved my stay there.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank morrisovich
Jana B, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Prague City, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your positive comments related to your recent stay at our property. It is truly pleasure to hear that you had a pleasant stay and we will certainly be happy to welcome you back to our place.
Once again, thank you for all your feedback which I will be happy to share with our entire team.
With kind regards,
Jana Bursova, Front Office Manager

Reviewed February 14, 2014

A very good hotel for business or pleasure.
I spent one night there and was very impressed with the level of service, the cleanliness of the hotel, the standard of rooms and the food on offer.
Would recommend to anyone

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Ben H
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I am a bit surprised by the other reviews, which rate the hotel so extremely positively. Overall, I had a good four nite stay, in a fairly priced hotel near a big shopping mall, and with transport options nearby. The restaurant in the hotel was ok. No Wifi in the room without a charge, and the 7th floor room seemed worn, particularly the older mattress with the sheet that didn't fit. The gym was small, and, importantly, the concierge was largely unable to help me to find a basic health clinic when an illness arose. Don't expect the top, despite what the others say. Overall, fine and functional.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Edusbal
FloraManager, General Manager at Courtyard Prague City, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Guest.

I thank you for your feedback and would like to express my regret that you did not enjoy your stay as much as we would wish. The Front Office Manager and I will follow up on your comments regarding the Concierge information issue and ensure we are more prepared for such a question in the future. We are investing in our rooms on an ongoing basis with new LED TV's, ipod docking stations and the last few months reupholstering armchairs and desk chairs and I am sorry you seem to have received a room which was one of the last to be finished. I do hope we will see you again on a future trip to Prague where it would be my pleasure to meet you in person. I would be delighted to receive any further information on my email address colin.stanley@marriott.com

Yours sincerely

Colin Stanley - General Manager

Reviewed January 21, 2014

My husband, I and two teenagers stayed here for five days while visiting Prague. The accommodations were very nice. We had an extra person and rollaway bed that they provided for no charge. We had two double beds, a nice closet for clothes, mini fridge and desk w/ chair. There was not much extra space. The people at the desk were friendly and very helpful with calling locations for information and giving directions. There is a mall right across the street, which is convenient for groceries, drug store items, clothes and even theaters. The train entrance is right across the street also. To take the train into downtown Prague takes about 7 min. Next time visiting, I will stay in a hotel closer to town for convenience. One note, we went to a Czech restaurant right on the corner up the hill from the hotel and we would not recommend it!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family