“Perfect location”

Hotel Galileo Prague
Ranked #112 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My girlfriend and i stayed here for 4 nights in February. At the airport there is a free shuttle bus to the hotel. €6 to go back to the airport from the hotel. Upon arriving at the hotel the receptionist was very poilte and made us feel so welcome. She asked us would we prefer a small or big room which i thought was great to have the choice. We stayed on the bottom floor 002 which was perfect and spacious for us. The room had 2 single beds which didnt bother us and the room faces out onto the street. You could not hear any traffic which was a huge advantage. Very little english channels to watch. Although you can watch movies for 190 kc which is €7.45 which is steep but worth it though. The bathroom was grand for us and only had a shower which didnt bother us. Beds are very comfy too.
Breakfast is on the 5th floor with amazing views of Prague, with the snow made it more beautiful than it already is. Wencelas Square is a 15 min walk and is a very nice square to see with a variety of restaurants to choose from. Food is pretty cheap, We brough 2500 kc in cash and that did us for nearly 3 days leaving us without using our bank card until that 3rd night.
Visiting charles bridge and prague castle is a must. It is beautiful and has lots of historical sculptures on the bridge. The castle is a district are like a little town of its own. I would recommend any to vist here and we will def be back in the future to the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jakub O, Front Office Manager at Hotel Galileo Prague, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for staying at Galileo Hotel Prague and sharing your experience about the hotel.

I am happy to learn that you enjoyed a service provided by hotel staff and convenient location. It is good to know that you had a lovely stay with us. I have taken a liberty of passing compliments on our staff adding my own thanks and I would like to assure you, that feedback such as yours act as a great motivator to provide even better service.

Our team is looking forward to welcome you at the Galileo Hotel Prague in future.

Best Wishes from Prague

There are newer reviews for Hotel Galileo Prague

Not a bad hotel at all.
Has updated area and an older wing of the hotel. Try to get the updated area.

Decent location and within walking distance to everything you want to see.
If you really want to see Prague forget about transportation, put on some comfortable shoes, walk and get lost in the city. It is more than worth it.

Room Tip: Get your rooms in the new area.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jakub O, Front Office Manager at Hotel Galileo Prague, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Dear Traveler,

thank you very much for staying at the Galileo Hotel Prague and posting this positive comment.

I was delighted to read your comments, thank you very much. I am glad, that you were happy with our facilities and location.

Greetings from Galileo Hotel staff and all the best.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Just stayed in this hotell for 3 nights.
We booked this hotell because of the prize. around 40 Euro for a single room per night is cheap.
I honestly tought it was a bit closer to the center, so it was a looong walk to the main attractions.

The staff were very friendly and service minded.
The room, I had a room in 1st floor, not in the new wing, it was quite spacy and very clean.
The traffic was just outside the winow, but didnt notice it at all.
Breakfast was excellent, on the 5th floor with a nice wiew.

The hotell had a free shuttle bus from the airport at announced times.
But it never showed up? We waited for 45 minutes, but gave up and took a taxi instead.
Didnt bother to ask why in the reception.
We also ordered a wake up call, since we were leaving very early, but it looks like they forgott that.
If you`re not afraid to walk, I highly recomend this hotell.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for staying at the Galileo Hotel Prague and sharing your review on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to hear that you felt comfortable in our spacious rooms and service provided by front office staff.

I am truly sorry to hear that wake up call didn't happen. I already passed this comment to our maintenance team.

Also please accept my apology, that you weren't happy with our airport shuttle service.In case like this we would like to encourage our guests to contact us directly to resolve the situation.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back at the Galileo Hotel Prague in the future.

My best wishes from Prague

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I booked this hotel based on the excellent reviews on Tripadvisor and was so very glad that I had. We had a free transfer from the airport to the hotel. We were a party of 6 so had booked three rooms. The rooms were in the new wing and they were spacious, large, modern and very comfortable. It was very warm in the room on the first night but then again we simply opened the windows so this was no problem. We could not change the heating in the room but the next day, the receptionist changed it to a lower temperature. The under floor heating in the bathroom was excellent. The service provided by all the reception staff was impeccable. On the first day into town, we decided to walk back to the hotel and it certainly took us longer than 10 minutes but then again, we did stop off for a drink or two along the way. Just across the road from the hotel were two great restaurants / pubs with some great food and music. Breakfast was continental with a great choice of cold meats, warm local sausage, confectionery, breads and cereals. There is a local shop as well which is open till 11pm, even on a Sunday evening. We used the number 22 tram on a daily basis as it's just a few minutes walk from the hotel. We also did a trip to Terezine and used the metro and bus service from Florenc. Would we use this hotel again or recommend it to our friends, then the overall response would be YES as we certainly enjoyed our stay. Thanks again to all the staff who made our stay so enjoyable. M Harper, Wistaston, Cheshire UK

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for staying at the Galileo Hotel Prague and for posting such a nice review on Tripadvisor.

I am really delighted, that our spacious rooms and breakfast met your expectations.To read compliments like these make our team working harder in order to give all our guests the best service possible. I have taken a liberty of passing compliments on our staff adding my own thanks.

I hope that our team will have a chance to welcome you back at the Galileo Hotel Prague in future.

Greetings from Prague

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed at Galileo for 2 nights before Christmas. The hotel is very close to the city center, max 10 min walk from Wenceslas sq, its an area we like very much, thats why we chose it. We requested a bathroom we saw online, therefore we had a room in the new wing. I checked in early and the lady at the reception was so nice, there was no problem with an early arrival, the receptionist informed me that she put us into a bigger room. The room was indeed extremely spacious, very well equipped, bathroom and shower were big as well. Only little problem was the fact that the shower head wasnt placed very practically and the room sometimes got too hot. Breakfast was good, the shuttle was a plus as well, we couldnt find it at the airport but called the reception and they called the driver to make sure he wouldnt leave without us. Great service really makes you want to come back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jakub O, Front Office Manager at Hotel Galileo Prague, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking time to share your experiences of your recent stay at the Galileo Hotel Prague.

On behalf of all the Galileo Hotel Team I send you my best regards and hope, that you will visit us again.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

My daughter and I spent 8 days in Prague. We planned late so this was one of the few places left with a room. We did NOT get to stay in the new wing. I didn't realize this was an issue, but our room was old and right on the street, 1st floor. There was no dresser or drawers for clothes, just the closet with some shelves. The bathroom smelled of urine the entire week (the bidet?). Shower was nice but cramped, no tub. No coffee maker, just hot water, and to plug it in we had to turn off the light to get a free outlet. There was a thermostat that was non-functional. The only way to control the temperature was to open the window to various degrees. And as noted above we were at street level, so noise then became an issue. The breakfasts were mediocre at best. Lots of bread items and the only fruit was diced canned peaches. And small amenities were non-existent like facial tissue, (my daughter had a cold so she used toilet paper until we could buy a box), no clock except the read out on the TV, and that wasn't of much use since about the only engish channel was BBC news. The iHome didn't work and the man sent to fix it didn't know any more than I did about how to fix it. Said they would take care of it tomorrow. Not.
On the plus side, the place was safe and reasonably close to Wencelas Square. Except for the urine thing, it was clean. The staff was nice and pleasant. The bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: Previous reviews seem to rave about the place when the stay was in the new wing. I wonder if the ra...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary O

Dear Traveler,

Allow me to thank you for staying again at the Galileo Hotel Prague and for sharing thoughts about your stay.

I truly regret your experience with our room facilities. Please accept my apologies for that. Nevertheless, I regret you did not report any of your inconveniences regarding location of your room during your stay, so that we could take action on spot and improve your impression.

Also please accept my apology, that you weren't happy with our breakfast. Your comments has been already passed to breakfast team to improve our service.

We sincerely hope to see you again at Galileo Hotel Prague to restore your faith in our hospitality.

Best Regards

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Four of us stayed at the Galileo on 23 -26 December 2012 and we had a lovely time. I had emailed Magdalena on reception prior to arrival, to ask for a room in the new part of the hotel (as recommended on Trip Advisor) which she ensured we had and the room was modern, large and clean. It was very warm with under floor heating( a little too warm for us even with the heating off, room 309) but it was just a warm room, my brother stayed in 311 which was great. There was a well stocked mini bar which was reasonably priced and there was tea and coffee making facilities with tea bags but no coffee, so take your own! The bathroom was lovely with fresh towels everyday and a hairdryer, shower was great. Breakfast daily from 7-10am on the 5th floor so great views of the local area, breakfast isnt English so dont expect a fry up but there was plenty if it and it was fresh( pineapple, yoghurt, cakes, bread, tea, coffee, fruit juice, cold meats, hot sausage, potatoes, scrambled eggs). There is a small bar area downstairs manned by the reception staff if you want to buy a coffee to take to your room. Location is in praha 2 which was 10 minutes walk from the main museum and Wenceslas square, easy to find no problem at all, you can get the tram at the end of the road if you dont want to walk, but there really is no need. We walked everywhere without an issue. Overall we had a magical Christmas in Prague made all the better by staying at the Galileo, thanks Magda and the team we will hopefully be back again next year!

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Traveler,

Thank you very much for your nice review about the Galileo Hotel Prague.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel facilities and service provided by hotel staff along with convenient location. It is good to know that you had a lovely stay with us. I am looking forward sharing all your comments with the entire team, especially Magda.

I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you in our hotel in the future.

All the best from Galileo Hotel Prague team