Hotel Galileo Prague
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$264
$228
$190
Agoda.com
1,066 results
All reviewsold townnewer partnamesti mirutop floorminute walk from wenceslas squarepavlovarecommend this hotelgreen linenumber tramsuperior roomnice hoteltea making facilitiestram stopstayed here for nightstea bagsbars and restaurantscity centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My daughter and I spent 8 days in Prague. We planned late so this was one of the few places left with a room. We did NOT get to stay in the new wing. I didn't realize this was an issue, but our room was old and right on the street, 1st floor. There was no dresser or drawers for clothes, just the closet with some shelves. The bathroom smelled of urine the entire week (the bidet?). Shower was nice but cramped, no tub. No coffee maker, just hot water, and to plug it in we had to turn off the light to get a free outlet. There was a thermostat that was non-functional. The only way to control the temperature was to open the window to various degrees. And as noted above we were at street level, so noise then became an issue. The breakfasts were mediocre at best. Lots of bread items and the only fruit was diced canned peaches. And small amenities were non-existent like facial tissue, (my daughter had a cold so she used toilet paper until we could buy a box), no clock except the read out on the TV, and that wasn't of much use since about the only engish channel was BBC news. The iHome didn't work and the man sent to fix it didn't know any more than I did about how to fix it. Said they would take care of it tomorrow. Not.
On the plus side, the place was safe and reasonably close to Wencelas Square. Except for the urine thing, it was clean. The staff was nice and pleasant. The bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: Previous reviews seem to rave about the place when the stay was in the new wing. I wonder if the rates for those rooms are the same, in which case we definitely got gipped
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary O
Jakub O, Front Office Manager at Hotel Galileo Prague, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Traveler,

Allow me to thank you for staying again at the Galileo Hotel Prague and for sharing thoughts about your stay.

I truly regret your experience with our room facilities. Please accept my apologies for that. Nevertheless, I regret you did not report any of your inconveniences regarding location of your room during your stay, so that we could take action on spot and improve your impression.

Also please accept my apology, that you weren't happy with our breakfast. Your comments has been already passed to breakfast team to improve our service.

We sincerely hope to see you again at Galileo Hotel Prague to restore your faith in our hospitality.

Best Regards

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Four of us stayed at the Galileo on 23 -26 December 2012 and we had a lovely time. I had emailed Magdalena on reception prior to arrival, to ask for a room in the new part of the hotel (as recommended on Trip Advisor) which she ensured we had and the room was modern, large and clean. It was very warm with under floor heating( a little too warm for us even with the heating off, room 309) but it was just a warm room, my brother stayed in 311 which was great. There was a well stocked mini bar which was reasonably priced and there was tea and coffee making facilities with tea bags but no coffee, so take your own! The bathroom was lovely with fresh towels everyday and a hairdryer, shower was great. Breakfast daily from 7-10am on the 5th floor so great views of the local area, breakfast isnt English so dont expect a fry up but there was plenty if it and it was fresh( pineapple, yoghurt, cakes, bread, tea, coffee, fruit juice, cold meats, hot sausage, potatoes, scrambled eggs). There is a small bar area downstairs manned by the reception staff if you want to buy a coffee to take to your room. Location is in praha 2 which was 10 minutes walk from the main museum and Wenceslas square, easy to find no problem at all, you can get the tram at the end of the road if you dont want to walk, but there really is no need. We walked everywhere without an issue. Overall we had a magical Christmas in Prague made all the better by staying at the Galileo, thanks Magda and the team we will hopefully be back again next year!

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Traveler,

Thank you very much for your nice review about the Galileo Hotel Prague.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel facilities and service provided by hotel staff along with convenient location. It is good to know that you had a lovely stay with us. I am looking forward sharing all your comments with the entire team, especially Magda.

I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you in our hotel in the future.

All the best from Galileo Hotel Prague team

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Newly remodeled and very spacious rooms were quite enjoyable. The hotel has a free shuttle from the airport (major bonus). The rooms have heated floors and brand new fixtures throughout. The breakfast is free and quite enjoyable with a top floor view of the city. It is a ten minute hike to old town, but is close enough to the places you want to go.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Traveler,

thank you very much for staying at the Galileo Hotel Prague and posting such a nice review on Tripadvisor.

It is pleasure for me to note, that our spacious rooms and breakfast met your expectations. I am also glad, that you found hotel location convenient for you. It is good to know that you had a lovely stay with us. I will share your review with my colleagues and I am sure they will be delighted to hear that.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back at the Galileo Hotel Prague again.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Hotel entrance in a majestic building, but most of the rooms are in a new building connected to the older one. I got a room in the new "wing". Room is huge, probably 40 m2 or so, but not sure what they thought when they furnished it. You have a totally empty lobby for your shoe collection. No furniture, except a wardrobe and a huge mirror.
Bed is very good. A bit to the hard side, but I like that. Many international tv channels, but for some reason it didn't work after the first night. Not sure why, and didn't let the staff know, so my own fault on that.
Water boiler in room was dirty. Free tea, but not coffee.
Bathroom isn't really 4 star in any way. Tiles look good from a distance, but is cheap [--].
While I do like the hotel, I am not sure how they got the four stars from?

Breakfast is a joke. The bread was harder before I put it in the toaster! Coffee is undrinkable.

Free computers with internet in lobby.
Friendly front desk staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Jakub O, Front Office Manager at Hotel Galileo Prague, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Dear Traveler,

thank you very much for staying at the Hotel Galileo Prague and posting feedback on Tripadvisor.

I was pleased reading, that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were satisfied by service provided.

However, I truly regret your experience with our room facilities. Please accept my apologies for that.

Please accept my apologies concerning breakfast. Please be assured, that this is certainly not a reflective of our usual high food quality, therefore, your feedback was already passed to the Kitchen Team.

I hope that our team will have a chance to welcome you back at the Galileo Hotel Prague in future.

Greetings from Prague

Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is a 4 star hotel, I did struggle to work out how they managed 4 stars, don't get me wrong it is a 'nice' hotel. The main entrance is on a side street with automatic very impossing tall solid wood front doors, once inside you have a short walk up a passage way, through double doors turn left, past the lift and you find the tiny reception. All staff have spoken a variety of languages and have always been polite and helpful. Our room a double on the 2nd floor (a non smoking floor - although you could still smell cigarette smoke) was a famly room a double bed and two single flat sofa type beds. The bathroom has an amazing power shower but sadly no bath - much needed after a day of walking on cobbled streets to soak the tired feet! - the bed was not the most comfortable being quite a firm matress (although my finacee slept like a log), I was disappointed that the floor was tiled through out and did not appear to be washed on a daily basis, although they do supply white 'throw away' slippers these did high light the not so clean floors. There is a dining room in the newer part of the hotel, however, this is used only for breakfast, I found it a little odd that a 4 star hotel has no restaurant. The breakfast was an experience, cooked options were bratworst sausage, whit what appeared to be reheated mixed vegetables with or with out noodles, very sloppy scrambled eggs (not available every day) potatoes that I think had been fried at some time in the past few days, baked beans and fresh tomatoes. The continental option was not much better, boiled eggs, cold, the same salami, cheese and square ham daily, brown and white rolls (if late down to breakfast dried out and stale), toast oh and cheese triangles and of course cereals with milk or yoghurt. The danish pastries/cake was the same every day for the week we stayed There are multiple choices of coffee all out of a machine and fruit juices again out of a machine, but acceptable. Over all not the worst and not the best of places I have stayed in, but 4 stars though and described as a hotel, more like 3 start B&B.

Room Tip: if you want non smoking room try the top floor one as the 2nd floor although non smoking is sandwiched between two that are and it smells of cigarette smoke.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Traveler,

I truly regret your experience with our room facilities. Please accept my apologies for that. Nevertheless, I regret you did not report any of your inconveniences during your stay, so that we could take action on spot and improve your impression.

Best Regards