“hotel review”

Ranked #113 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Prague, Czech Republic
“hotel review”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is a 4 star hotel, I did struggle to work out how they managed 4 stars, don't get me wrong it is a 'nice' hotel. The main entrance is on a side street with automatic very impossing tall solid wood front doors, once inside you have a short walk up a passage way, through double doors turn left, past the lift and you find the tiny reception. All staff have spoken a variety of languages and have always been polite and helpful. Our room a double on the 2nd floor (a non smoking floor - although you could still smell cigarette smoke) was a famly room a double bed and two single flat sofa type beds. The bathroom has an amazing power shower but sadly no bath - much needed after a day of walking on cobbled streets to soak the tired feet! - the bed was not the most comfortable being quite a firm matress (although my finacee slept like a log), I was disappointed that the floor was tiled through out and did not appear to be washed on a daily basis, although they do supply white 'throw away' slippers these did high light the not so clean floors. There is a dining room in the newer part of the hotel, however, this is used only for breakfast, I found it a little odd that a 4 star hotel has no restaurant. The breakfast was an experience, cooked options were bratworst sausage, whit what appeared to be reheated mixed vegetables with or with out noodles, very sloppy scrambled eggs (not available every day) potatoes that I think had been fried at some time in the past few days, baked beans and fresh tomatoes. The continental option was not much better, boiled eggs, cold, the same salami, cheese and square ham daily, brown and white rolls (if late down to breakfast dried out and stale), toast oh and cheese triangles and of course cereals with milk or yoghurt. The danish pastries/cake was the same every day for the week we stayed There are multiple choices of coffee all out of a machine and fruit juices again out of a machine, but acceptable. Over all not the worst and not the best of places I have stayed in, but 4 stars though and described as a hotel, more like 3 start B&B.

Room Tip: if you want non smoking room try the top floor one as the 2nd floor although non smoking is sandwich...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jakub O, Front Office Manager at Hotel Galileo Prague, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear Traveler,

thank you very much for staying at the Hotel Galileo Prague and posting feedback on Tripadvisor.

I truly regret your experience with our room facilities. Please accept my apologies for that. Nevertheless, I regret you did not report any of your inconveniences during your stay, so that we could take action on spot and improve your impression.

Also please accept my apology, that you weren't happy with our breakfast. Your comments has been already passed to breakfast team to improve our service.

We sincerely hope to see you again at Galileo Hotel Prague to restore your faith in our hospitality.

Best Regards

FO Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Great stay in a lovely hotel. Very impressed by size of room. Large, airy and modern. Nice bathroom too. Breakfast was good with a very reasonable choice and was served in a modern roof top style room. Staff very helpful. Location was good. Underground/metro v close by but to be honest it was good to walk into the old town on foot. Would definitely recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank ChineseDragon
Dear Traveler,

thank you very much for staying at the Galileo Hotel Prague and posting such a nice comment on Tripadvisor.

I was pleased reading, that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were satisfied with our rooms and service provided. I will pass your review to my colleagues and I am sure they will be pleased to hear that.

We're really happy to hear that you had a great time in Prague and hope to have you as a guest again soon!

Kindest Regards

Yorkshire
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I recently visted the Czech Republic and stayed at the Galileo, I booked through hotels.com and got a rate which seemed too good to be true for a 4 star hotel. However, upon arriving I was not disappointed! The hotel offers a free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel at various times throughout the day, you don't need to book just wait at the specified meeting point. Check in was quick and easy, the reception staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. Our room was brilliant, very spacious with lots of storage. It was so clean and the housekeeping came round every day to change towels, make the bed, replenish the complimentary toiletries etc. There is a hairdryer, kettle (plus tea) and a fridge in the room which all come in useful. The air conditioning unit is also a heater for the colder months. The bathroom was great, the shower was always warm, the bath is quite large and as i said before, complimentary shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and body lotion!

The hotel offers breakfast which is also included in the price of the stay. This is on the upper floor of the hotel and has a good view out. Breakfast is the usual continental offering of cereals, bread, cheese/meat, fruit, yogurt and typically scrambled eggs and sausages. It's enough to set you up for the day anyway.

The hotel itself is just around the corner from the namesti miru metro station which is also on the same street as a tram station which is served by a number of trams and buses so getting around is incredibly easy. The IP Pavlova train station is just 5 minutes in the opposite direction and it's not far to walk to the old town either.

For the price and quality of this hotel, you cannot fault it and I would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Prague.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank YorkshireWeasley
Jakub O, Front Office Manager at Hotel Galileo Prague, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Traveler,

Thank you very much for your stay at the Galileo Hotel Prague and for sharing your review.

It was a pleasure for me to note, that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were highly satisfied with our facilities and service provided.I will pass your review to my colleagues and I am sure they will be pleased to hear that.

Our team is looking forward to welcome you at the Galileo Hotel Prague in future.

Kindest Regards

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The hotel is nice, clean and spacious. The rooms are massive and provide you with lots of space, the bathrooms are also nice and clean. The breakfast has a good variety, both cooked and continental and lots of cake. The only issue i could raise with the hotel is that we struggled with the TV, volume control didnt work and the size of the towels provided. The hotel itself is a 20 minute walk away from wecelas square which is easily walkable. The staff were helpful and friendly and i would definately recommend staying in such a modern hotel. Definately great value for money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Jakub O, Manager at Hotel Galileo Prague, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for staying at Galileo Hotel Prague and sharing your experience about the hotel.

However, I truly regret your experience with TV. Please accept my apologies for that.I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you in our hotel in the future.

Best Regards

Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Considering the entire experience in this hotel - it's great value for money. Great bed, really clean room very spacious and bathroom, easily reachable location by public transport. The only thing that could have been better is the breakfast, but even that is easily solved by many nice spots offering food nearby.

Room Tip: I had a room in the new wing, the only funny thing about it was the shower head that was fixed, so w...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jakub O, Manager at Hotel Galileo Prague, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Traveler,

Allow me to thank you for staying again at the Galileo Hotel Prague and for sharing your thoughts about your stay.

I am happy to learn that you enjoyed a service provided by hotel staff and convenient location. It is good to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

Please accept my apology, that you weren't happy with our breakfast. Your comments has been already passed to breakfast team to improve our service.

All the best from Galileo Hotel Prague team.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Great hotel with excellent service; the accomodation in the new part is excellent; good value for money !
Location is good; two blocks away from Metro station and small grocery shops nearby. Also some affordable nice restaurants are nearby.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Thijsding
Gali49, Manager at Hotel Galileo Prague, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Traveler,

thank you very much for staying at the Galileo Hotel Prague and posting such a nice review on Tripadvisor.

I am really pleased, that our spacious rooms and service met your expectations. I am also glad, that you found hotel location convenient for you.

Best Wishes from Prague

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Nothig to complain about this hotel! Marvelous staff, room we had was huge and comfortable. Very clean overall the hotel. Nice brekfast with exellent views from 5 th floor. exellent choice to those who like to use metro and trams .Several nice restaurants and cafes near hotel. We sure use this hotel in future.

2 Thank Merja S
Gali49, Receptionist at Hotel Galileo Prague, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for staying at the Galileo Hotel Prague and for posting such a positive review on Tripadvisor.

It is pleasure for me to note, that our spacious rooms and breakfast met your expectations. I am also glad, that you found hotel location convenient for you. It is good to know that you had a lovely stay with us. I will pass your review to my colleagues and I am sure they will be pleased to hear that.

I hope we will have a chance to see you in Prague again!

Greetings from Galileo Hotel Prague staff and all the best.

Receptionist