EA Hotel Crystal Palace
$139
$129
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswalking distanceshower screenold townpavlovarooms are comfortablebuffet breakfastsmall roombeautiful city of pragueminute walkeach morningclean hotelmini barmetro stationsaunacentresqczk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Disappointing. The staff was flippant, all young, and not able to answer questions I asked Yes, they spoke English, but they looked at me oddly when I asked about two well know
n business, Cafe Imperial and Moser. I got the feeling they were bored by their work.

The location is indeed great and the room quiet. Our room was not cleaned the second day. As this in Europe, and because I try to be environmentally responsible, I did not expect fresh sheets, but we needed fresh towels. The carpeting was heavily stained indicating that room had seen much partying and use. The walls are painted brown with flat paint, which is not usually what you would expect from a hotel. Likewise, the walls had seen much wear. The sheer drapes were well worn and did not close properly.

Breakfast was good in a nice dining room. There is something for every taste, and I was pleased to see fresh fruit there.

The bar was a little pricey and I encourage one to pay in cash only to avoid unauthorized charges. A coke was 30 crowns.

At times, the young staff was not at the desk. This is never a good sign in any establishment, and it is worse to see them outside smoking. My traveling partner, well acquainted with hash, swears the desk clerk in the evening was stoned.

At 100$ a night, I would have expected better. There is another hotel next door, and there was an above average Italian restaurant down the street.

When I come back to Prague, I'll choose another hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank mwr1963
Reviewed June 7, 2012

My friend & I booked this hotel for a 3 night stay between 28th & 31st May this year - mainly because of the fantastic value for money and location of the hotel. I'd like to be clear that up until the last day we were really impressed with the hotel overall. The breakfast was good (with a good selection of items), the hotel was kept to a very high standard of cleanliness & generally staff were polite and helpful. My sister is coming to Prague in the next few weeks and I had even recommended the hotel to her based on what we thought initially. However....and this is where I want to be clear that up until this point we'd had an excellent stay as I wouldn't like to dismiss this hotel completely....on the last day we checked out & unfortunately when I checked the receipt I had been charged for items on the minibar that we hadn't had. I am unsure what the items were as the receipt is in Czech however I spoke the lady on reception immediately, explaining that I had been charged incorrectly. I thought she would apologise and clear the mishap up immediately. Sadly, she didn't do this and insisted that we pay for the items. I explained that I wouldn't be paying for them given that we hadn't had them to which she responded that we were "bad peopl" and that we were "theives". I was most upset at this as I would be more than happy to have settled up had I had the items. I asked to speak to the manager about this and when she got off the phone she said he had said we could have a refund. End of the matter I thought - wrong. She persisted to insult me and my friend, and to add further humiliation she called down a housekeeper who thrust a list in my face saying that was proof enough that we had had the items. There was a complete lack of customer service & acceptance of a mistake - and further more a complete refusal to let me speak to a manager. I feel that overall I would go back to the hotel BUT approach with caution as it really left a bad taste in our mouths on the last day. I also feel I wouldn't have had to write this negative review had the issue been sorted out in a more considerate manner.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jo K
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Good value hotel. Bonus was a buffet breakfast which was unexpected. Staff helpful.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Good hotel for good price. This hotel is located aprox 10 minutes walk to centrum - to Vaclavske namesti, aprox 20 minutes walk to Karlov most/bride. So if you want see Praha by walk, this is a good location. Hotel has also garage parking spaces, but you need to book it with room. We had room in building C, not main building and this was good. Our room and neighbors room has together balcony, so can smoking there. Room is quite small size, bed is good quality. Breakfast is ok, menu is good for small hotel. Negative - TV has only aprox 5 channels, shower has some wholes, because water go out to floor, no enough hangers for towels, carpet is strainge material, so looks dirty. And no wifi internet connection in hotel.
So or so - If I will go again to Praha, I will think again about this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We spent here one night. We had high expectations, but we were a little disappointed.

The hotel is nice and is situated only 5 minutes walk from Wenceslas Square, but is located in a quiet area, it is a big plus for this hotel and the reason why we chose this hotel is the perfect location.

Unfortunately big minus for this hotel is unfriendly and rude staff. Rooms were not in ideal condition for 4* hotel. Room was not clean! (gum on the carpet, bath unwashed, dirty duvets... etc.).

But this hotel next time we try again and hopefully we will be lucky and we get clean room.

Room Tip: I recommend the hotel, but making sure which room you get.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple