“So Terrible!” 1 of 5 bubbles

sydney
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“So Terrible!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

This supposedly famous 5 level club was such a disappointment. An absolute sweat pit and sauna as soon as you walk in. You leave with your clothes absolutely stinking of cigarettes! Pretty much a cock fest throughout all the levels. It's dirty, smelly and sticky everywhere. One upside is that the Ice bar is pretty cool.

Visited September 2013

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The best of Prague!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

In 2000 i came first...wicked, in 2012 i returned....WOW, still the same atmosphere, great girls, cool,beer, fantastic music and just simply the best. Definitely a MUST Do when in Prague......no kidding.....and I am now mid/late 30's but would go again? Drinks are good, but the best is the private room!! All u can drink for peanuts....Defo go again...shame its not around corner

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Lukas N
Phuket Town, Thailand
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Not the best experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I've been to this club twice now and both times were not much fun. It's extremely crowded and 90-95% male dominated. It's like a sauna when you walk in so everyone's musty smells suffocate you and strangers sweat rubs off on you as you try to walk onto dance floors. The drinks are affordable but the cheaper vodka had such little effect on me that I wondered if it had been watered down a bit. The dance floors rarely stuck to the music they claim to play. I don't want to hear Call Me Maybe when I'm on the hip hop floor.

The price for one entry was 190 kc and they charge for a coat check too which I never bothered using so I have no price for it. Guys often go for stag parties or pub crawls and many of them are just rude, drunk guys who get aggressive with the few females they can find in the club. Now that I've had time to get to know Prague I've realized that there are much better places to spend my time and money.

1 Thank vtown90
Jana L, Manager at Karlovy Lazne, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
First of all thank you for your review. To the vodka: it is IMPOSSIBLE to water it down because we have special machines which measure the drinks AND it works only if you put there NEW bottle.
We serve ABSOLUT vodka in the club which, I THINK, is not the cheap vodka at all.

Better clubs in Prague: ofcourse, it is your opinion:)

We just response this kind of reviews which are from Prague and from people with 1 review because they usually write the same things which is a little bit strange, don ´t you think so?:-)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Repeat offender”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I first came to Prague in 2004 and had the best time. We went to Karlovy Lazne and danced the night away. It was amazing.

I returned to Prague in 2011 and had to go again to see if it had changed. The interior and dance floors were all newly renovated and it was wicked. Great dj's, music, staff and all the different rooms are fantastic.

We came back in 2012 and had to come again. More renovations and the new Ice Pub was a treat. My boyfriend proposed to me on Charles bridge and then we went to the Ice Pub to celebrate.
This place gets better every time we come and we come to Prague two - three times a year.

2013 and the Ice Pub has been extended and the dance floor rooms renovated again. It's amazing they really look after this place and keep updating it.
We have an amazing time every time we come.
Karlovy Lazne never disappoints!!!

1 Thank Erin C
Fremont, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Dangerous spot for foreigners - do not go”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

This club has security guards that are seriously out of control and pose a danger to any foreigners. So my advice is to just stay away.

My daughter and 2 friends who are non-aggressive, non-violent people got separated from each other with one exiting the club before the other two. So the one tried to go back in to get the two who she could see inside. But the security guard at the door would not let her back in and got so belligerent that he actually hit her so hard that he knocked her to the floor. My daughter and friend who were inside saw this happen and, understandably, got angry with the security guard. He then proceeded to hit and knock the second girl to the ground. My daughter got angry with him and he hit her, but she stayed standing. So he hit her again, but she still stayed standing. So he then pulled out pepper spray and sprayed them so thoroughly that it took hours to wear off. And to top it all off he actually spit on them. Unbelievable excessively out of control behavior by "security" guards. There were many witnesses to this event, all foreigners, who confirm that the security guard was completely out of line. But the club takes no responsibility. So be advised - foreigners are not welcome at this club. Try other spots where the staff is more amenable to foreigners.

6 Thank lhartney