“Excellent value near airport”
Review of Villa St. Tropez

Villa St. Tropez
Ranked #436 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I chose the Elegant because I needed an inexpensive hotel near the airport and this was excellent value for money. It's only 10-15 minutes to the airport and cost around 200 to 250 Czech Koruna ($15) and the hotel booked a cab where I could pay by credit card. My room was a little cramped, but clean and comfortable and had a very good shower.
The restaurant is no longer open, although there's a small bar. The hotel staff directed me to 2 local restaurants, both within walking distance, and the Italian I went to was very good and inexpensive.
There was a good range of breakfast items -- cheese, meat, fruit, cereal, muffins, juice, tea, coffee and eggs.
Overall I was very impressed and would recommend this to anyone needing a budget hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed May 4, 2011

I'm a business traveller that takes some 50 different boring business class kind of hotels per year.I was doubtful to book this hotel because the price didn't made me feel I could get the essential things I need: a clean room, a comfortable bed, a free internet connection, a quick connection to the airport.
I've got them all for a fraction of business hotel price.The structure is aged and not perfect but the hotel interior has been charmingly conceived and decorated with young creative passion.Personnel is friendly and flexible.I recommend it to young travellers or to whome, like me, likes to be out of boring contexts for awhile...

Room Tip: Be friendly and kind with the personnel
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2011

The staff was great, friendly and helpful. The breakfast was not very various but the products were nice, always a fresh home made cake or two. The room was great in size, in our double room there could lived 4 persons if used the sofa as a sleeping place. Wi-fi is provided in rooms, we only had problems several times late at night with catching it. Maybe the carpet would be great, as the floor was quite cold, though in the bathroom it was heated., which was really good in the cold days.
Was a bit surprised that the linen and towels weren't changed every day, though when we asked to change them it was immediately done.
The location is not in the center, which for me was rather a plus. No noise outside, great rest and only 15 minutes to the center by car. Parking is quite tricky in the center though, so the second half of stay we went to the closest metro station (Dejvicka I guess) with a huge parking and left a car there, it's 3-4 stations to the very heart of Prague from it.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2010

It's already the second time that I have been staying here and not the last time! Nice style, a "living room at home" atmosphere in the bar, a good breakfast in the wonderful light restaurant.
Slightly negative:
-My room (101) was quite small, but tidy and also modern.
-Restaurant: I had a garlic soup (the worst I ever had in CZ) and a cesars salad that actually did not deserve this name

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 28, 2009

I stayed in hotel Elegant for one night. It seems to be far from city center so not the best choice if you want to go sightseeing. It's 15min ride away from airport, and has pretty good breakfast. Room is small but very, very clean as is lobby. I would recommend this hotel especially for people traveling by car.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed December 14, 2007

Needed a hotel to overnight between flights.

Found hotel through a hotel bookings site for hotels close to airport.

AAA taxi is the airport approved taxi which I used to transfer to the hotel. Cost was 240 Cz, or about $15. Booked a pickup at 0545 and driver was early. Return fare was the same.

Hotel has a nice minimalist room decoration with a large room size. Found the hotel to be a very nice overall hotel

Very friendly staff.

Now the "but"..... For a four star hotel there are several shortcomings.

1. Bath facilities are poor, with no separate shampoo, conditioner or body wash, but one small soap.
2. No hair dryer.
3. One set of towels of poor quality.
4. Only 12 channels on the TV. Unacceptable for a four star hotel, especially with the cost of cable or sat TV so low.
5. No internet in the rooms, with WiFi in the lobby or bar only.
6. One small cover on the bed, though the bed was very comfortable.
7. Phone ring is set so low that you can not hear the wake up call, as the phone is not next to the bed but on the desk across the large room.
8. No in-room alarm.
9. No room door privacy or security lock.
10. Only one small radiator in the room, with none in the bath. No control to change the heat setting, so room was cold at only 0C.
11. Bath tub drain stopper was broken, with no bath mat for tub.
12. No place to set up luggage except on bed.

Most of these items and a few I can't remember can easily be rectified, which would enhance the hotel experience greatly.

Even the radiator could have a temperature adjustment easily added.

I travel through Prague monthly and must overnight each time in either Prague or Frankfurt.

Would highly recommend the hotel at the price I paid of Euro 49 including all taxes and breakfast. Because I leave before the restaurant opens, I didn't eat breakfast in the hotel.

Plan to stay there for every trip when i am just overnighting.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
Fairfax Station VA USA
Reviewed July 7, 2006

My wife and I decided to stay here the night before our flight out as it is near the airport. A very nice contemporary "boutique hotel" with friendly service (not so common in Czechy). Very clean, with interesting furniture and lighting. Curves and angles give the rooms interest as well. Excellent French restaurant attached, also with friendly service. Right on the bus line which enabled us to go downtown and back in the afternoon. They even sell the transit tickets at the desk. We were very pleased and would use the hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2006