“Very nice.....good location”

Ranked #96 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Chester, United Kingdom
“Very nice.....good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed at the Angelo for a few nights in a standard room. The room was in good condition, well maintained and clean. The public areas of the hotel are also very nice. Breakfast was included in the room rate and was good quality with lots of choice. The room service menu is varied and the food is good quality. The location is good with restaurants, cinemas and lots of shopping nearby. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
angeloHotelPrague, Residen Manager at angelo by Vienna House Prague, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Guest, Dear Darrenhouk,

Thank you for your kind review and for sharing your experience at angelo Hotel Prague with the Trip Advisor community.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our location, breakfast buffet and helpful staff contributed to making your stay memorable!

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back at the angelo Hotel Prague!

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed here on business recently and was really impressed with this modern, comfortable hotel. The staff were excellent and friendly. Location good with underground station Andel just around the corner. A few stops from the centre of Prague and you can also purchase tickets from the hotel reception. Just don't forget to authorise your ticket at the station before you go down to the platform!
The room I stayed in was very comfortable, good size and modern. Huge bed and a brilliant power shower.
When I bring the family over to visit this magical city we will definitely be looking to stay here.
Oh and as for the breakfast...excellent!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
angeloHotelPrague, Resident Manager at angelo by Vienna House Prague, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Guest, Dear Eddieh 71,

Allow me to thank you for your beautiful review about our hotel.

I was delighted to read, that our facilities met your expectations, and I look forward to welcoming you back in our property in the near future.

Sending you my warm greetings from the angelo Hotel Prague,

Lakewood, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Nice re-do. Very clean. Staff lovely, helpful, friendly and efficient. Would stay again. Best shower I have experienced in Europe! And that means a lot!!! Room did seem a bit musty, but I think the weather contributed to that. Would stay there again. Location is not the most convenient to the city center, but transportation is nearby and easy to use.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest, Dear NJGaGA,

Let me thank you for sharing your experience of the angelo Hotel Prague with us and other travellers. I was delighted to read that your overall experience was very positive and you felt comfortable in our property.

The entire angelo Hotel Prague Team is looking forward to welcoming you back in Prague and
I hope we will be your first choice.

Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

This was a great hotel for the price. The rooms were very clean and the service was great. They have a great breakfast that is included in the room rate. The hotel is also close to all public transit and you can get to old town in about 10 minutes. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
angeloHotelPrague, Resident Manager at angelo by Vienna House Prague, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Guest, Dear ChediR,

Thank you for choosing angelo Hotel Prague during your visit to the Czech Republic and for taking the time to give us some feedback.

I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful trip to Prague and liked our location, bedroom, service as well as breakfast.

Thank you again for your kind feedback and are looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Prague.

Brno, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is a modern hotel in the new district of administrative buildings, with a large shopping center and multiplex cinema in the vicinity. The hotel is located very closely to the metro station "Andel", which is only ten minutes from the Prague Old Town. This is a perfect location for both business and tourism!
Rooms have very elegant furnishings with a predominance of red, yellow and black colors. The bathroom was excellent and very clean. The only problem was the regulation of air conditioning: it was impossible to switch off the fan completely. The hotel staff ensured us that this "basic mode" is necessary for safe air circulation in the room. This explanation didn't satisfied me because I was never faced with similar problem in other hotels anywhere.
The meal was very tasty, as well as the catering for business event. Coffeemaker was available in the room.
The hotel staff was helpful and professional.Despite of the problems with air conditioning, it was a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Rooms oriented to the street were noisy due to the traffic.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RePeVe
Dear Guest, Dear RePeVe,

Thank you for choosing angelo Hotel Prague during your visit to the Czech Republic and for taking the time to give us some feedback regarding your stay.

I was delighted to read your very kind comments, and I am very pleased you spend a nice time. Our aim is to ensure high guests satisfaction and are therefore happy you remained satisfied with our bedroom, service, breakfast quality and selection and with the friendliness of our Team. I will be proud to share your comments with the entire Hotel Team, acknowledgements such as yours are of great motivation to all of us.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in our property in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed 3 nights in September 2012 for a corporate training event. I was given a double bedroom which was clean and very comfortable. The facilities including the TV, internet (free on a 56kbps connection) and furniture were in great condition. The bathroom was modern and spacious (although you need to take care of the leaking water from the shower door!). The view from the bedroom was over the main street (Radlicka) and facing offices in the opposite building.

Angelo is a modern and stylish hotel located close to a large shopping mall and convenient transport links to tourist hotspots. There are global brands and a Tesco mega store in the nearby shopping mall. Andel metro station is within 100 metres but I walked everywhere. It took me 30 minutes each to walk to Prague Castle and the Old Town Square. You can also call a taxi for about £4 per trip which is a lot quicker. However, I do recommend walking (in a nice pair of trainers) if the weather permits. The staff were courteous but not particularly friendly.

Room Tip: I stayed at the Angelo Hotel with 20 other colleagues and the feedback was very similar when I talke...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest, Dear vkmc17,

Thank you for your stay at angelo Hotel Prague and for taking the time to give us your feedback.

I was delighted to read your very kind comments and I am very pleased you had a nice stay. It was indeed a pleasure for me to note that you remained highly satisfied with our location and cleanliness.

I would like to thank you again for your feedback and are looking forward to welcome you back to Prague in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were there for the weekend and enjoyed the stay.Breakfast was good too, with many options to choose from i.e bread and hot food etc.
The only reason I am not giving it a 5 star is because our room was facing the road and there was plenty of traffic noise which disturbed our sleep. When getting a room request the reception staff to avoid giving you romms facing the road.

Apart from the above (-) it was an excellent stay. Location was good too. About 30 minutes walk to charles bridge a further 10 min walk to old town, clock and other spots.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms facing the road.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
angeloHotelPrague, Resident Manager at angelo by Vienna House Prague, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Guest, Dear Jeet1980,

Thank you very much for your review and your warm words.

I am very pleased to hear, you enjoyed your time at the angelo Hotel Prague.

Hope that there is the possibility that we can welcome you back again.