“Loved the Apartment - Would Highly Recommend It!”

and 1 more site!
Residence Masna - Prague City Apartments
Ranked #67 of 679 Specialty Lodging in Prague
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I stayed in the Residence Masna with Prague City Apartments for 5 days in July 2011 and had a wonderful time. I would definitely stay there again and can completely recommend the apartment!

I choose the apartment based on reviews from Trip Advisor about the apartment company and was not disappointed. I booked the free transfer and got picked up at the train station. Someone was there on the platform with a name card and picked me up and drove me to the rental office. Given the winding streets and how confusing it seemed at first, this service was much appreciated, as I can see how a taxi driver could completely over charge you. The driver spoke English and waited as I checked in, and then drove me to the apartment. The rental office is quite far away from the apartment itself, so if you have any problems, that could be an issue.

The apartment building does have some stairs at the front entrance, and then there is a lift to access the apartments. So that is handy for getting your luggage inside, but it isn't wheelchair accessible. The apartment is located in an amazing area. It is literally a 2 minute walk to the Old Town Square but far enough away for it to be quiet. It is also close to Municipal House and a tram line. There are several small shops nearby (the Bake Shop is amazing!), along with a bank machine and a mall. There is also 2 grocery stores nearby as well (Alberts and Lidl's), they aren't high end ones, but are fine for the basics.

For the apartment itself, it was very big and spacious. It had a double bed, dining table for 4, couch and a fully equipt kitchen (other than missing a sharp knife and a cutting board). The fridge had a freezer (not found everywhere) and there was even a washing machine with soap provided (no dryer however). The bathroom was huge and very clean. They also had daily maid service, which was a great touch. There was also free internet service, that seemed to work fairly well.

I also used the airport transfer/pick up when I was leaving. That cost 400 CZK and was very convenient. I had a very early morning flight and someone came to pick me up, and drove me to the airport. The driver spoke English (excellent bonus), was friendly and helped me with my bag. Was much better than waiting for a cab at that hour.

While it was obvious that the company did think of a lot of the little touches and made an effort to be accessible 24/7, there were a few issues that did crop up. The apartments doesn't have a phone and there is one main phone for the building (on the 5th floor, by a computer). I needed to call reception a few times and several times the phone was not working. Given that the reception office was located a ways away, this did pose some challenges. Also, I found that the TV was a lot more complicated than it needed to be. There were several remotes and instructions (because there is a DVD player and satellite) and my TV didn't work for the first day or so. While someone was sent the next day to fix it and it worked for the rest of my stay, it just seemed overly complicated for something so simple. The same can be said about the key system to enter your apartment. You tap it on the door and turn the bolt to open or lock it. I often had to play with the lock to make it work properly and again, it seemed that a simple swipe key could have been easier.

Regardless, I had a great stay with Prague City Apartments and those small issues didn't deter from my stay. I would highly recommend the apartment to families, or anyone who wants to stay in a great location. Would come back again if I ever came back to Prague.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed July 25, 2011

This is truly an apartment! It had 10-foot ceilings with a entry way closets, huge bathroom and studio area (bedroom, living room, kitchen w/washing machine!). And it all comes with maid service! It's very close to the main square in Old Town and restaurants are everywhere! We had trouble getting volume on the TV and they came right away at 9:00pm! to resolve it :) It's also very family friendly with the larger space and free wi-fi and computer access. If we ever return to Prague, this is definitely our spot!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Booking staff were very helpful. Quiet location, easy walking distance to interesting parts of the old town. Bed very comfortable. Wifi worked well. My wife loved the daily room servicing

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We availed of the round trip airport transfer so everything was convenient from the beginning to the end of our stay, the apartment we had on the 3rd floor was really big and had everything we needed including a washing and drying machine. Location was excellent, walking distance to the main sights. There was free wifi besides a computer available on the 5th floor. The apartment was clean and had adequate kitchen supplies.
We really enjoyed our stay in the apartment.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I booked this location for one week while on a business trip to Prague, although my wife was along for our 20th anniversary. The staff of Prague City Apartments were great. They went above and beyond to make sure our stay was pleasant. They offer a personal concierge service which can help you with reaervations or questions about places to eat/things to see. I used them to help order flowers for my wife to be in the apartment upon arrival. Additionally, the managing Director sent a complimentary bottle of wine for my wife and I to enjoy. Very nice touch.

The apartment is located only steps from the Old Town Square and is conveniently located near a city metro station for traveling further within the city.

All in all, a wonderful experience. I highly recommend Prague City Apartments and Residence Masna to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed May 13, 2011

The apartment is round the corner from the main square, yet you don't here any noise. Furnishings are basic, but the apartment is kept very clean and all in it was good value for money.

One thing to note :- The check in location is quite a distance from the Masna apartment when walking with luggage so take note of the locations before you go.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marius87
Reviewed April 30, 2011

We were pleased with the size, location, security and service in this apartment. It was quiet in our 5th floor, south-facing apartment with balcony and there was virtually no traffic noise. We loved having the view and the outdoor space. However, in the summer it might be hot and could be noisy with revellers with the windows open. The kitchen was a good-size for such an apartment, and was well-equiped. The building and apartment have an older, quaint feel, which appealed to us -- some might find it dowdy. The springs in the mattress in the pull-out bed might be a little uncomfortable for some. The internet was somewhat intermittent. Any problem was responded to quickly. We were happy with our stay.

Room Tip: Views S, 5th&6th floor balconies on S,quiet E