“Great find for a hotel stay!”
Review of EA Hotel Manes

EA Hotel Manes
Ranked #416 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed here for 4 nights and were quite pleased with our stay. We were in room 402 so we were tucked away in a quiet area of the hotel. There was a large tour group of rowdy teens staying there too, and we didn't even hear them at night! (Only at breakfast in the dining area). Breakfast was enough to fill you up (the coffee was hot and fantastic!).
The staff were friendly and helpful.
The location is very close to the Karlova train station and was easily walkable to all the touristy sites.
My only complaint was the shower. It was too short for either of us to stand under and sprayed everywhere, turning the bathroom floor into a puddle every time we showered.
Great value for your money!

• Stayed: April 2014
Gabriela W, Manager at EA Hotel Manes, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Dear guests!

We were pleased to read your nice and detailed feedback regarding your stay at the EA hotel Mánes - thank you for taking the time to write and post it on our TripAdvisor page. It was great to hear that you found so many aspects of the hotel to your liking, and we also appreciate your positive comments about our staff.

We would definitely be very happy to have an opportunity to be at your service again should you decide come back to Prague in the future.

With best regards

Reviewed March 11, 2014

i spent there 3 nights. the hotel is in the center of Prague. the tram station is just near of it. it is so clean and calm and the staff are friendly. The breakfast is good and the wifi is not bad. i highly recommend it

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank HichamS
Gabriela W, Manager at EA Hotel Manes, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your kind words and for choosing hotel EA Mánes for your stay in Prague. We are extremely happy that you have enjoyed the time spent with us in every way. We hope there will be a possibility to welcome you back to our hotel soon in the future.

With kindest regards

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Hotel refused to alter reservation less than one hour after booking.

I was in a hurry and booked the room online before purchasing my train ticket. I was not aware, that due to the peak summer travel season, all trains from Berlin were fully booked. I called the hotel less than one hour later to change my reservation. However I was told this was not possible due to the hotel’s booking policy. I followed up with an email informing the hotel I would not be able to make it that evening but would be coming the next day. They still charged me for two nights.

This hotel is inflexible at best. In actuality they hide behind their “booking policy” to legally exploit their guests. It would make more sense if I had booked months or days in advance. However refusing to change the reservation within one hour is simply pure profiteering and a shady business practice.

I complained and they offered me a 10% discount for my next stay. I followed up with a written letter for which I have not received a reply.

As for the room, it is 4 star in name only. The bare minimum was renovated to bring an older, lower class room up to a debatable 4 star rating. The shower curtain can easily fall. The safe was not working, probably due to lack of battery, and no one knew how to fix it, though they tried. The air conditioner also was not working. Service brought in a fan which was something.

The service in the hotel, apart from the reservation issue was friendly.

My friends stayed at the Hotel Caesar Prague across the street, it is probably a better option.
Please mark this review as helpful if it influences your decision not to book this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Michael M
Gabriela W, Manager at EA Hotel Manes, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your time to write a review.

Unfortunately you didn´t make a reservation directly with the hotel, but through the other portal. When you did a reservation there, you gave the credit card for "guarantee" the reservation, and you hereby consent to the terms and conditions, which is one day before arrival without exception.
It´s not our business practices and we not hide behind them, but these are clear rules, which we are obliged to follow. Moreover it´s quite common in tourism.

Regarding the room. We are truly sorry, that in some point of the view we were not able to satisfy your need, but you did not mention that you have some troubles. Otherwise we could rectify the situation and give you another room. If you were not satisfied.

I hope that in spite of these facts you overall enjoyed your stay in Prague. We would love to have an opportunity to be at your service again should you decide come back to Prague.

With best regards

Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

We were greeted to a most lovely room! The decor is classy and modern. Hotel is clean and bed is spacious and comfortable. It's easy walking distance from the main attraction -- Charles bridge. The tram station is at a comfortable walking distance and this connects to rest of the city conveniently. Location is also convenient to walk and reach restaurants and shopping centre.
Breakfast on day one was foodie's delight, with good options for vegetarian too!
The only two problems we had during our stay were the cooling/heating and the tv in our room. Poor signal and no english channels.
The wifi doesn't connect to apple devices. Don't know if it was a temporary problem, but it surely was a hassle.

• Stayed: January 2014
Gabriela W, Manager at EA Hotel Manes, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear guest, thank you for your time to write a feedback about your stay in our property. I am sorry to read, that in some aspects we didn’t live up to your expectations. Please note that all your comments are very important for us and will be taken into consideration when new decisions will be made. Apart of those I hope that you have enjoyed the time spent with us and we would definitely be very happy to have an opportunity to be at your service again should you decide come back to Prague in the future. With best regards

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We showed up in Prague (unexpectedly after being told our reservation elsewhere had been canceled for some bogus reason) on Saturday, Sept. 28 and Hotel Manes was the only place we found a private room for two. Though the price was steep, we were very tired and decided to stay there for the night. My boyfriend and I were dressed for comfort (sweat pants and t-shirts) since we had traveled almost 600km by car that day. We definitely felt treated like second-class citizens even though we paid in full up-front. The hotel itself was nice and the breakfast (included) was decent. I actually thought the private room with ensuite we booked at Hostel Downtown was just as nice but four times cheaper. But I guess if you're into the exclusive, expensive feel, then you might like Hotel Manes... Personally, I didn't think it was worth the money.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Karhysma
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The hotel was in a good location. My room was tidy but the finishing touches were poor. Damp/mould on bathroom ceiling. Shower rail held up by leaning on bathroom tiles. I paid for a double room and got 2 single beds pushed together and made up as 2 single beds. TV signal wasnt good and the only English speaking channel didnt work. I confirmed the room for 2 nights costing £180. The hotel wanted this on departure and in Euros at a value of 210.60 however all UK exchange rates made this £195 and not £180 so ended up paying more than I had booked it at.The breakfast wasnt that nice. Overall barely a 3 star hotel and not a 4 star as advertised.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JO F
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This hotel was great for our 3 night trip to Prague. Our room was very spacious and clean with a very nice updated bathroom/shower. The internet here does not work in the rooms. It is located about a 15-20 minute walk to the city center and all the action. The staff were helpful when needed. The breakfast was enjoyable as they provided everything necessary. To get to the main train station, you need to walk about 5 minutes and get on a tram which was very straight forward. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple