Hotel Residence Green Lobster
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$270
Hotel Liberty(Prague)
$139
$129
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfour poster bedprague castlecharles bridgeold townbaroque stylebeautiful roomdeluxe roomperfect locationhistorical buildingshort walkfirst floorhotel is lovelytop floortea and coffee making facilitiesquiet at nightbars and restaurantsthe air conditioning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Overall it was a good stay.

Extremely convenient to the Castle. Really couldn't ask for a better location in Prague.

Our first room was really really lovely, for a standard room. Massive bedroom with a lovely four poster bed. And a massive bathroom too. There was no bath, but there was a great big window sill to put all your toiletry bits.

We decided to book another night in Prague before we set out on the trip, but opted for an executive suite for this last night here in The Green Lobster. The photos looked so fabulous. However when we moved to the executive room for the last night it was a let down. Moving our stuff to their building across the street, we found a smaller main bedroom and a smaller bathroom. The bed wasn't four poster either - huh. OK so there was an additional box room, a small yard area, a bath and coffee-tea making facilities. But none if which really enhanced this last night. There was no shelves in the bathroom either. Seems trivial, but got used to the shelf in our first room.

TVs in both hotel rooms were nice flat screens. There was AC too, but boy were they noisy. Bring earplugs if you are here in the summer.

The last night took the shine off what was going to be an excellent stay. If the executive room wasn't discounted when we booked, I probably wouldn't be so generous with the stars.

• Stayed: July 2013
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Residence Green Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Valued Guests,
thank you for sharing your experience in our Hotel on Tripadvisor.
It saddens me to read that your second experience in our executive rooms of Hotel Bijou de Prague did not meet your expectations. Executive rooms differ in style, decor and amenities than the rooms in Green Lobster.
I truly hope to welcome you back to Prague and consider our Hotels once more, I would like to assign you our best executive room in order to guarantee you an above standard stay in this beautiful city.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel has a great location and the staff were very friendly and helpful. It was very hot when we were in Prague and although the rooms had air conditioning machines they were very noisy and the one in the children's room didn't have a ventilation pipe.
The rooms were characterful and spacious however we really missed having a kettle.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guests,
thank you for choosing our Hotel Green Lobster and for leaving your feedbacks on Tripadvisor.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed the location and the rooms. Prague has been hit by this unusual heat wave and for this reason we have provided the reception of some extra fans in case of extreme heat.
Both fan and kettle can be requested at the front desk - according to availability - and our staff will be delivered them to your room. Do not hesitate to address any kind of request to ourt 24/7 front desk, they will be very happy to assist you any time of the day and night.
On behalf of all of us, we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in July. We had stayed in different hotel in Prague for the first three nights but it was booked on the dates we decided (belatedly) to extend our stay. I was so disappointed in the Green Lobster, especially for the price in comparison with what else is available in Prague. We did get a very cheap price ( you get what you pay for?) but for a little more you have a variety of excellent choices and I would opt for something else next time. If our room was not pre-paid, I would have gone somewhere else.
I suppose the refurbished rooms must be nice, but ours, a first floor facing the street, was just awful. First, you walk into a dark sort of entry with a large wardrobe, then the room itself is through a little passage. Weird but OK. The main issue is the room was terribly shabby. Walls, parquet and carpet were stained, scuffed and felt dirty, old and tired. There was a large board put up over what probably was a door to the other room. It was extremely hot and there was no ceiling fan but rather an old, really noisy air conditioning unit that blew out more hot air than cool. I mentioned this to the young man at the desk and they brought up a little old electric fan, which I put on top of the air conditioning unit and propped in the middle of the room. This at least worked better.
I have to put in a good word for the young men working the desk. They were invariably pleasant, and we got our early morning wake up call right on the dot.

Room Tip: If you want to stay here, opt for a refurbished room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guests,
thank you for sharing your feedbacks about your stay in Hotel Green Lobster.
It saddens me to read that we did not meet your expectations, I wished you could have addressed your disappointment to the front desk staff and according to the availability of the hotel at the moment they could have probably offered you another room to meet your expectations and wishes.
I wish to welcome you back in the not too distance future to prove you the quality of services and rooms.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Great little hotel. staff friendly. right beside prague castle. excellent value for money. highly recommended :) easy access to all tourist areas. no places to park in centre of prague if you hire a car but hotel will organise private parking 10 mins walk away. I would use public transport

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank haggisman65
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Residence Green Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Valued Guests,
thank you very much for sharing your feedbacks with us on Tripadvisor.
I am very glad to read that you had a pleasant stay in Prague and that our Hotel Green Lobster and its staff have contributed to it.
On behalf of all the team, we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon!
Best regards,

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My friend and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights from Thursday 11 - Monday 15 July 2013.

As you will probably understand the weather in Prague that week was very hot. So both of us were more than unhappy to discover when we arrived that we did not have air conditioning although the website standard room facilties page and booking confirmation state different. We spoke to reception on the night of our arrival (Thursday) and the receptionist told us there was nothing he could do for the evening and he would look into it tomorrow.

When we arrived back to our room Friday evening we were once again very dissapointed to see that nothing had been resolved. I went back to Reception and spoke to the receptionist who said that there was only a air conditioning unit that he could place in our room, which was 33 degrees!

The air conditioning unit was a small difference to the unbearable heat in our room for a very short time for when we discovered that the air conditioning unit would not work properly as there was no where for the hot air to extract to, so in theory it was just making the room even more hot. We spoke to reception, who said that there was nothing they could do until Monday, which infact was the day that we was departing.

As you can understand we did not want to open the windows in our room as we was at the front of the hotel (room 101) and were two ladies in a foreign country, with expensive electrical goods, currency and passports in our room. Also, the road that the hotel is on is very noisy at night.

My Mum and Dad recommended this hotel to my friend and I as they had a great comfortable stay, however we cannot say the same. Not once did we have a comfortable nights sleep, we woke up feeling nauseas and sick most mornings.

For what should have been a pleasant and comfortable stay for us was ruined by your hotel and the staff. Not what we expected from a 4* hotel in Prague city centre. We also spoke to many other guests at breakfast who all had air conditioning and even the Receptionist on the night of arrival was shocked to see that our room was the only one that did not have air conditioning.

In addition to the heatwave we were exposed to everynight, the 'double room' we had booked was infact just two single beds pushed together and every night when we returned home we was greeted by a black puddle in the bathroom!

As such little interest and empathy was given to us during our stay we wrote a complaint on 21 July as I did not understand how you think it is acceptable to pay nearly £300 for a room, without air conditioning in the height of the summer. We have had no response, still at 8 August 2013. We got in contact with booking.com who replied to our complaint almost immediately and took it very seriously, they said they forwarded the complaint on to the hotel Green Lobster and STILL no response. I am very upset with the way our complaint has been handled, it is very unprofessional.

Take my advise...... and DO NOT waste your money staying here!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Residence Green Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear Guest,
I am very sorry about the experience you reported.
We have contacted you back personally at the end of July and at the beginning of August to discuss the matter privately but so far without any success. We have been in contact also through the booking portal you made the reservation through but again unsuccessfully.
I will be very happy to explain you once more what happened and what was done from our technical staff and hotel staff to fix the problem as soon as it was possible.
I hope to hear from you soon in order to have a quiet communication and exchange of opinions regarding the matter.
In the meantime I wish you a nice day.
Thank you for the attention and best regards,