“Beautiful stay, perfect location” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Residence Green Lobster
Ranked #204 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Wellington, New Zealand
“Beautiful stay, perfect location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Excellent. Location couldn't be better; nested at the bottom of the castle in a sweet little historic street. I thought it would be a fair bit out of town but it was under ten minutes to the river and with easy transport connections once riverside. Not ideal for those who don't like a little walk (including the spiral staircase) or the odd hill. I love hills and this place :)

Building is full of character, apparently 600 years old. I think there are 16 or so rooms. Rooms are enormous. Ours was two stories on the top floor with views- those views! We could see far over the city for miles, in three directions. Room facilities were good. A kettle would have been a bonus.

Breakfast was a generous buffet served across the street in their sister hotel (Bijou de Prague)

All in all, very happy. Recommend the area and hotel.

PS. Hot tip. Spend hours at the castle, nip inside the church down the road and there's a local cafe we made friends with.

2 Thank NZEmma
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Residence Green Lobster, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guests,
thank you for sharing your feedbacks with us.
I am glad to read that you had a beautiful stay in Prague and we hope we could have contributed to it.
As you said the building is an historical one dated XIV century and it keeps all its charme and history.
I wish I could have met your wish to have a kettle in room. Actually, we do have some kettles that our guests can request at the reception, so for your next stay please do not hesitate to ask to the staff and we will be happy to prepare it for you in the room.
On behalf of all of us, we are looking forward to welcoming you back!
Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Arlecdon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Enjoyed a 4 night break in Prague to celebrate my 60th birthday. Had previously stayed at a hotel just off the Old Town Square a few years earlier, but which had out priced itself this time round. Green Lobster was recommended and turned out to be a real gem. Beautiful large room with four poster bed, sofa, table, chairs, fridge, kettle and complimentary tea, coffee etc. Directly under the castle and a pleasant 15 min walk down to the Charles Bridge. A couple of hundred yards up from the hotel we found a wonderful bar, selling realistically priced drink and excellent local dishes working out at approach £6 per head. Always busy, full of locals and one one night had live music. Great atmosphere. The Old Town Square although beautiful and nice to sit and have a coffee was very expensive - £14 for a couple of latte. We would definitely love to stay at the Green Lobster again and would highly recommend it.

5 Thank Karen M
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Residence Green Lobster, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
thank you for your feedbacks about your stay in our Hotel Green Lobster. We are very happy that you celebrated your 60th birthday in Prague ands with us, it is such a nice occasion.
I am very delighted to read you had a pleasant stay and we hope we have somehow contributed to make your stay in Prague a very good one.
On behalf of all the staff of Hotel Green Lobster, we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon. For any future assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Green Lobster June 2013 and it was fantastic! If you are interested in spending time at the castle in Prague, this is the location. It is right beneath the main entrance, in fact I'm pretty sure we could see our hotel window from the castle's wall.

It was a short walk to the Charles bridge and the rest of the city, but my husband and I didn't mind exploring the city in this way. The neighborhood was very quiet in the evenings, which was nice to come home to at the end of the day.

The staff were incredible! They were very informative about the area and helpful with where to get the best food/beer. They also went above and beyond to help us when my husband came down with a cold.

The only reason the location is not a five for me is because the wireless was a little spotty. It would be on at one moment, then off the next. But this appears to be a pretty typical thing in Prague.

Room Tip: There are some pretty steep stairs up to the higher floors. Stick to the main floor if mobility is a...
2 Thank LaineMarie S
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Residence Green Lobster, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guests,
what a lovely review!
I am very happy to read your nice feedbacks from your stay in our Hotel Green Lobster and that you appreciated the hotel location, which is one of the best feature of the hotel.
I will forward your poistive feedbacks about the staff and I am sure they will be very thankful and they will appreciate it a lot. We always try to train our staff to be as helpful and at disposal as they can in order to make our guests´stay the best possible.
Regarding the wi fi connection, I will forward to the technical department to have a check on it. Thank you for the information and on behalf of all of us, we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights in july.
We had booked a standard room, and as such we expected a small room with a bathroom and bed. What we got however, was a very, very spacious room which in my own country would pass as a deluxe room. Big thumbs up for that.
Our room was 402, located on the top floor facing Nerudova street with views to Petrin hill and the life below. Nerudova woke up and fell asleep at the same time as us, so we were never kept awake from the life outside.

I found the bed to be a bit too soft, but it didn't ruin my sleep at all. The bathroom had everything you needed, so nothing in particular to comment on there

Breakfast is on the other side of the street, and serves the usual stuff. It tasted nice and kept me full until lunch.

We were picked up from, and driven to, the main station in a very comfortable Skoda with plenty of legroom, and friendly and professional drivers. The price is fixed to 400 CZK (15 EUR) from/to the train station, I don't remember the price to/from the airport.

Another very positive thing is its location. It is in an old part of Prague, while not being in the very busy Old Town Square which can be reached on foot and/or tram/metro. this means you still get to enjoy the nice architecture and atmosphere without having to fight your way through hordes of tourists.

The only negative thing I can think of was the internet connection, which, at the top floor, seemed to be rather unstable. It didn't bother me that much, as I was too busy with checking out Prague, but it could probably be a problem for business visitors.

Also a thank you to the friendly staff in the reception.
I will most definitely stay here the next time I visit Prague, and can warmly recommend this hotel to all.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gardai123
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like first of all to thank you for the very nice and detailed review. I am sure it will be of good inspiration for many future travellers.
I am very delighted that you were positively surprised by the room size and you found it comfortable.
Thank you also for writing a nice feedback about our staff, I will forward your review to all of them.
I will definetely make the wi fi connection checked in order to understand what can be done to guarante a stable connection all the time.
We all wish to welcome you back soon in Prague and in our Hotel Green Lobster, in this case please do not hesiate to contact us directly!
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

My friend and I went to Prague for its history and the Easter celebrations. We chose Green Lobster for its proximity to Prague Castle and Charles Bridge. Just a short stroll up a steep walkway was the castle, and downhill we went to the Bridge. We wanted a place with charm and history that was within reasonable walking distance of markets and major sights. I had a lovely room with a courtyard, and it was comfortable, clean, and well-attended each day. The front desk was very helpful when we needed to order a taxi for the main train station (the price was better than what some 'street taxis' were charging!) and they were great in doling out directions to historical sites as well as "insider" info on where to eat, get drinks, find good coffee, and fun things to see not in your average guide. I appreciated all their help. Also, breakfast was plentiful and a good start to the day. It had pastries, toast, bacon, eggs, sausages, fruit, juices, coffee, and tea, and it was nice not to have to buy breakfast.
You may want to check which hotel you're in, however, since the Green Lobster has a sister hotel right across the street. My friend and I ended up in different hotels. Also, I had somewhat of an issue with the WiFi being strong enough, but eventually it connected. Otherwise, a great stay!

Room Tip: My first floor room had a little "courtyard" which I wish I could have used - had the weat...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Residence Green Lobster, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
thank you very much for the lovely review! It is so much rewarding to read such nice feedbacks from our guests.
I am very delighted to hear that the Hotel Green Lobster was just what you were looking for and met your expectations. The location is absolutely perfect: few steps from the Prague Castle and pretty quiet during the night.
Regarding the wi fi we have been working on it and noe it should be working fine all over the property. The building next door belong to the same hotel chain Garzotto Hotels and Resorts and it has some exclusive suites, only difference is that this buzilding does not have the elevator but the doorman will help guests in carrying the luggages though the floors.
I would be very happy to welcome you back soon in our hotel and it will be my pleasure to assist you in choosing your next room or property among ours.
Do not hesitate to contact us for any information or assistance.
Kind regards from me and all the Staff of Hotel Green Lobster
liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

We have just returned from a fantastic break for my husbands 40th birthday.
As soon as we entered our room the first thing my husband said was 'wow' and believe me it takes a lot to impress him.
Our room was really big and had a four poster bed, the bathroom was huge with a great shower.
The hotel is in the best location right under the castle wall and not to far from the old town. It is on a steep road but this only added to the charm.
The staff were lovely and really helpful even booking our taxi for the airport home.
Prague is a beautiful city even with the flood defences up. I would return in a heartbeat and without a doubt book this hotel again.
Thank you for making my husbands birthday break one we both wont forget.

2 Thank nikkitoffee
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Residence Green Lobster, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
first of all thank you for choosing our Hotel Green Lobster for the celebration of your husband 40th birthday, it is a very special occasion and we are very honoured to have been part of it.
I am very delighted to hear that you enjoy Prague depsite the flood defences and the uncertain weather and I hope we will be able to welcome you with the sunshine soon!
On behalf of the staff of the Hotel Green Lobster, we are all looking forward to welcoming you very soon.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

After seeing the pictures on Expedia of the lovely 4 poster beds and the decor, I was so looking forward to our hotel stay. However I did feel somewhat disappointed. It felt like there was not much air circulation in the room and it was quite stuffy, our room was nothing like the rooms advertised (standard double room) and although I booked 6 months in advance we still got 2 single beds pushed together? There was just 1 pillow each and 1 separate single duvet for the each of us. The bathroom let out a strange smell as soon as you used the hot water. Albeit, it is an old listed building, but it just didn’t seem to tick much boxes for us, even the character of the rooms looked forged. The breakfast buffet was fine, a little annoying that it was across the road especially as it was raining the whole weekend we were there! The staff were very helpful and friendly though. Probably would have preferred to also stay in the old town as we seemed to be there for most of the day and night. Overall, was not impressed.

2 Thank NajwaandSonny
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Residence Green Lobster, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
thank you very much for your feedback.
It saddens me to read that your expectations were not fully fulfilled and I hope we could have done something during your stay to make you change your opinion and improved your stay.
I would like also to apologize if the presentation in Expedia was somehow misleading, I will check it personally and make the necessary changes in case of need.
We do have 4 poster bed room and they belong to the category deluxe room: I wish you could have expressed your disappointment to our staff in order to offer you an upgrade to your dream room, we are very pleased to do it if there are chances and availabilty.
The Hotel Green Lobster is a small property with lots of character and it differes from other hotel because of its variety, each room has its style and there are not all the same. The pictures in the booking website show some of them to give the idea of style, decor and ambience. I personally would like to invite you to reconsider our Hotel for a future stay, and in that case I would love to assist you personally and I will try to guarantee you a perfect stay. If you wish to discuss this matter any further I will be very happy to do it at your convinience.
I will forward the additonal issues of your stay to the dedicated department in order to fix them soon.
I will leave you my contacts for any matter:

Elena Sartori