“Ambience aplenty”

Hotel Residence Green Lobster
Ranked #215 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Took a punt on this place and came up a winner. Got great room on first floor, overlooking street but undisturbed by any noise. Big room, four-poster bed, good bathroom. Some might find bed a bit hard but I loved it and slept well.
Great location right under castle wall but be warned: you've got to do some walking from the nearest tram stop, either up a steepish hill if you take the shortest route from the old town or a stroll down hill if you take the longer ride around the back of the castle. We walk a lot so the haul up Nerudova St didn't bother us. Loads of eateries and bars within 100m (treat yourself to a sunset drink on the roof of the adjacent Cowboy restaurant. 69 steps to climb but superb view). Staff were helpful, breakfast is taken in sister hotel across road: nothing special but perfectly adequate. I'd use the Green Lobster again without hesitation.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pronews
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Residence Green Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
what a lovely review! Thank you very much for spending your precious time in sharing your feedbacks about your experience in our Hotel Green Lobster.
I am delighted to hear that we have somehow contributed to your nice stay.
Teh hotel is set in a very romantic area just few minutes from the Castle therefore on the hill: a slow nice walk up the Nerudova street, where lots of handcraft, souvenirs shops and cafe and restaurants are, will make it less tiring - or in case you can take tram. no.22 to the stop behind the Castle and walk across it reaching our Hotel from the top without any effort.
On behalf of all the team of the Hotel Green Lobster, we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Do not hesitate to contact us directly we would love to assist you personally.
Thank you and kind regards from beautiful Prague,

There are newer reviews for Hotel Residence Green Lobster

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Just returned from 3 day trip with the family, 7 adults. Hotel was in perfect location, really nice part of town. Although up a hill, it wasn't too steep and perfectly manageable for a pensioner like myself. Out of hotel and turn right, bit of a climb to the palace, spectacular views over the city. Turn left out of hotel down hill, turn right at the square and then follow the crowds, about 10 min leisurely stroll to Charles Bridge. Room 104 and 102 were spotless, very ornate Italian style gilt and brocade sofa and chairs, comfortable bed, needed extra pillows. Mini bar and because our net curtains was not back from cleaning they left a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine. Nice touch.staff were very pleasant and the buffet breakfast was well presented, stocked and fresh. Selection of cereals, fresh fruit, multitude of different breads, hot scrambled eggs and mini frankfurter, plenty of cold cheeses and meats, jams, honey and chocolate spreads, coffee was good. Daughters room 30? was a triple, separate room with a single bed and then a 4 poster, very large room again clean and well furnished except for the 4 poster which apparently was very hard with thin mattress. We all loved it and would definately return.
Be very careful access to some rooms are off a spiral staircase which door opens onto. Elevator for luggage only. Breakfast is in the other part of the hotel opposite, which I believe does have an elevator. Numerous bars, cafes and restaurants very near by.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms quieter, fairly busy road side 104 is a courtyard room?
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank barbarian_york
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Residence Green Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
what a wonderful and detailed revierw!
I believe your feedbacks will be very useful for users and future travelers. I am very happy we had the chance t welcome in our cozy hotel an entire family and we are very delighted we have contributed to meet your needs and expectations. It is always a great pleasure to read guests´satisfaction.
I particularly enjoyed your appreciation of rooms and breakfast service. I am also very glad you liked the interior of the hotel and the rooms, it is one of our strongest point and we are very pleased to receive such nice compliments.
I would like to point out that as you recognized room 104is a room facing the courtyard and as you assumed the building opposite to Hotel Green Lobster - which is one of our hotel as well - has no elevator due to the historical structure of the building. Both building are dated XIV century and they have original features.
We are all looking forward to welcoming you soon in the close future and we will be happy to assist you personally in organizing your eventual futrure stay.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stood at hotel Green Lobster with my girlfriend for one week earlier this year. Despite being a first-timer in Prague, I'd say that the location was quite perfect with the hotel being just under Prague's castle. Despite the great historical location and lots of tourist activity, we found the area to be very quiet during the night-time. Charles Bridge & the old town were located at 5-10 minutes walk away, so it was very easy to get around from here too.

Staff were very helpful and extremely nice & hospitable when compared to your average Prague citizen. The one time we had trouble with us forgetting the password for our safe, we got help in less then two minutes. They helped us plan day trips to both Terezin & Kutna Hora and also ordered taxis for us when required. The blonde reception lady & bald bellhop with moustache come back into my mind as being such wonderful & nice people. Greetings to you & hope you keep doing good work, should you read this!

Breakfast was served across the street in a restaurant owned by the same hotel chain. It consisted of your typical cereals, breads & baked eggs, but there was enough variety that I didn't grow bored of it during our stay. In my opinion it could've lasted for at least one hour more and actual marmalade could be served over ordinary jam.

Our room was on third floor. There weren't particularly any views from the windows, since the buildings are built so tightly. Bed was very comfortable & cozy even for a person like me, who hates sleeping anywhere else then in his own room. With cleaning, safety & such being in order, the only minus-side of the room was that the water from shower was a bit random; sometimes it was molten & sometimes ice cold, but most of the times it was somewhat too cool to my taste. However, I didn't really mind it and happily showered every evening.

All in all I really liked my stay in Green Lobster. It was a cheerful & romantic little hotel with great service and in a great location. I would highly recommend it to young & old couples alike.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jesse A

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor.
I am very glad that our Hotel Green Lobster was the choice for a little romantic escape with your girlfriend.
I am delighted you have found location, service and staff good. Most of all, I will inform all the guests about your nice words you dedicated to them, I am sure they would love to extend their appreciativeness to you.
On behalf of all the team, we are looking forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I very much enjoyed my 3 night stay in this historic hotel situated in a street of elegant buildings full of charm and character. It was a pleasure to walk through the beautiful surroundings down towards Charles Bridge or up to the castle.

My room at the back of the third floor was comfortable and generous in size. The bed was comfortable and the TV offered plenty of non-Czech cable channels. There was a fairly distant view of the river from a side window. The path up to the castle was just above, so there was no view at the back.

The heating was quick and effective. The room was perfectly silent with no noise from outside or from neighbouring rooms.

More space in the bathroom would have been useful as there was no cabinet, shelf or worktop to store cosmetics etc. In the bedroom, a few larger drawers would have helped with clothes storage. The doors on the wardrobe and the bedside drawer fronts were difficult to open and close and maybe need a little oil. The small lift was useful when carrying luggage. Breakfast in the sister hotel across the street was delicious. I’m already missing the tasty hot scrambled eggs and the plum yogurt!

All staff were friendly and helpful. Every staff member that I met spoke good English.

Room Tip: If I stayed at the Green Lobster again, I might ask for a room at the front as the back rooms seem t...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank CaraB425

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your kind review. It is with great pleasure I read through your comments regarding your recent stay with us.
I particularly appreciated your positive comments about the breakfast service and the staff. I will forward it to all of them and I am sure they will be very pleased of it.
Thank you also for the comments about the wardrobe doors and drawers, I will definetly address it to the department in charge which will handle it soon.
We would love to welcome you back and assist in the choice of the perfect room according to your needs and requests. Do not hesitate to contact us directly, we will take care of you.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We have just come back from a 4 night stay at this lovely hotel. The hotel is in a perfect position for exploring the many streets and shops around the castle and little quarter-part of Prague which is really quaint. We loved the fact that you had breakfast over the street and the 6oo year old building had lots of character. The room was spacious and beautifully cleaned. We were on the third floor and looked onto the street. Although busier in the day with visitors going to the castle. It was peaceful at night. The staff were very helpful and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Monica the manager made our stay extra special. Thank you. We will definitely stay again. Brilliant!

Room Tip: Ask for tea and coffee making facilities in your room. There is a small charge but I think it is wor...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RochdaleGlen
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Residence Green Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
thanks for your kind review.
It is always a pleasue to read such a nice comment from a guest and we are very pleased to know that we have contributed to make your stay pleasant. I particularly appreciated the remarks about the hotel location and the staff, I will forward your nice feedbacks to all of them and most of all to the Hotel Manager, Ms. Monika Nycova. I am sure they will be all very thankful for such nice words.
Looking forward to welcoming you soon, and in case please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I went to Prague over the Easter weekend with two friends. We shared a very large, lovely double room (+ one small room with a single bed). The location is great, close to everything ( the castle in particular), quiet and friendly. Staff aren't great at English but helpful and willing to try to accommodate and help out. Breakfast is fine, mostly continental option buffet style. We had a fantastic stay in beautiful Prague, and coming "home" to rest in our lovely room was part of making it such a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Emma E
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Residence Green Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Vaued Guest,
what a lovely review!
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay in our Hotel Green Lobster.
I am very pleased that you have enjoyed both location and ambience. It is very nice you considered your room as "home" and it makes us extremely happy. Thank you!
On behalf of all the team, we all look forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Had 2 nights at Hotel Green Lobster at the end of March. Great location near to castle, lovely spacious room, decent breakfast included (over the road at sister hotel) and very friendly and helpful staff. Excellent value for money and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 215RichardM
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Residence Green Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
thank you for you kind review.
As always, it is a great pleasure to read that our guests had a plesant time in our hotel.
I am very delighted to read that our staff was helpful and it has contributed in making your stay nice.
On behalf of all the team, we all look forward to welcoming you soon.
Do not hesitate to contact us for any future inquiry.