5,403 results
All reviews pianist playing old town great hotel beer spa omelette station florenc metro station recommend this hotel star hotel minute walk modern hotel breakfast was amazing tram stop sister hotel breakfast buffet each morning public transport stayed here for nights
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Sadly our room looked into a brick wall in the well of the building with windows directly opposite so it was very dark and we had to keep the curtains closed 24/7 anyway (room 501). Couldn’t get to plug sockets by the bed and stained carpets. Room 501.

Bistro was advertised as ‘a la carte’ With executive chef and yet the food was completely sub standard and despite ordering their most expensive item was like frozen UK food.

Loved Prague, hotel location was fine, but sad to say, hotel itself was 3* at best

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charlietin
GuestRelationService, Manažer komunikace s hosty at Grandior Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Charlietin,

Thank you for your time taken to provide constructive feedback.

The view from our rooms may be limited by other structures in the yard and the hotel location - since the Grandior Hotel Prague is located in the city center and surrounded by buildings of the same height from almost all sides, most of the rooms have limited views.

I wish you would have mentioned to the hotel reception, that you were not happy with this room. We would have tried to find another one, that would meet your expectations.

We are very sorry, that we did not meet your expectations. I can assure you, that we are constantly trying to improve our services in order to achieve highest possible satisfaction of our guests and we would like to prove you that we can deliver much better experiences.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly in case you would like to come to Prague in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

His hotel was a fantastic finding for us. We came to Prague for a 3 days visit , before the trip I spend some time trying to find the best overall place to stay. Grandior has everything you AP an ask for when you come to this spectacular city: Location : walking distance to old Times Square . Great meeting rooms with modern decoration , comfortable beds great facilities. Very friendly staff and outstanding buffet breakfast. All of this for a very reasonable rate. Next time you decide to come to Prague , give this hotel a try...we will

Date of stay: September 2019
GuestRelationService, Manažer komunikace s hosty at Grandior Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Black2000,

Thank you for taking your time to share your comment with us.

I am truly delighted to hear you were having such a great time during your recent stay with us.

It is always nice to see our guest sharing their gratitude on social network like Trip Advisor. I would like to thank you this way on behalf of our hotel.

We hope You will stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Never had front ladies as mean as the 2 who checked us in. Demanding payment for the whole trip RIGHT NOW even after explaining the person with the company credit card is arriving later the day. The humiliation! Those ppl have zero service awareness. Coming after a 9 hours flight, it’s the last experience you’re waiting for. Go somewhere with better customer service.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Milan S, Generální ředitel at Grandior Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear guest,

as a matter of fact, I was personally standing next to you and on the guest side of the Reception upon your arrival, witnessing the whole situation. Without me being there, I would perhaps judge this situation differently and both ladies would have to explain, why we deal with service complain. Putting someone into this situation based on lies, is not ethicaly correct from your side at all.

Both ladies, FO Supervisor and receptionist, were acting very politely, professionally and with the best manner trying to explain you why we need to have all check-in procedures cleared before assigning a room to you. There was no need to interfere from my side as the procedure was correct and at thet point you seemed to understand.

Please, be aware, there are regular attempts from travelers to get around these procedures and leave without payment. The most common practice sounds like yours " somebody else will pay" and even if your intentions were cristal clear our employees have to protect not only hotel but also themselves as part of their job is responsibility for payments, guarantees act. The guidelines are given and our staff needs to follow them. Same procedure is used in any market - first pay, then consume. Other way would close many businesses.

Everyone who comes to our hotel is tired after long journey, everyone would like to get room before official check in time and we do your best to manage this. You have received your room before official check in time. In exchange all payments as well as all the registration procedures given to us by law need to be cleared. Otherwise if not using your card, you would be advised to wait for that person who is supposed to clear the payment for you. That would be in my eyes even worse scenario when it comes to waiting times. For such situations, we offer possibility of pre-arrival payment or advance payment. I would advice you to use this method in case your travel plans in the future are based on similar payment practice.

I believe, you understand better now why payment in the hotels have to be solved before giving out the room key. Both ladies, even in a difficult situation while explaining you the reasons why, were maintaining professional manner and high standards of service unfortunately there was no understanding from your side and that is unfortunately where good service gets blamed.

Kind regards,

Milan Svara

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Grandior Hotel is an interesting place. While the interior is fairly new and shining, the decor style and operation are very old schooled. Our room was clean and spacious, with good wifi, and modern amenities all functioning. 4.5 stars in my evaluation. The decor is all gold and shining, not that neat and new feel. Functionally, things are totally OK here. The breakfast room is huge and noisy with tons of selections from cold to hot and from prepared to cook-to-order food. I am quite happy with the varieties even though this dining hall felt like a big domitory type. Locationwise, this hotel is very convevient. Multiple buses and tram are just outside. Subway is 5 min walk. There is a shopping plaza next door, and tons of restaurants within short distance. The area is busy but safe. I thought this hotel can be an excellent base for exploring Prague. When it is on sale, the value cannot be beat.

Room tip: Choose a room away from the street
Date of stay: May 2019

Dear Radiate2357,

Thank you for taking your time to share your comment with us.

I am truly delighted to hear you were having such a great time during your recent stay with us and I am pleased you enjoyed all the aspects of our hotel.

I would like to thank you this way on behalf of our Grandior hotel Prague.

We hope you will stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Walked to the hotel from the main train station. On road with trams and plenty of auto and pedestrian traffic. Everything looked old....until we walked into the lobby of the hotel. Top dollar reno, staff was fine. Room was large (king bed large) and separate blankets are a nice touch. Bathroom was large, with a 6ft step in tub (I was expecting a corner shower stall) plenty of towels, L'Occitane soaps and lotions, hot water kettle for coffee or tea in the room. Air conditioned and quiet. Breakfast was a full blown buffet, omelet station, fresh breads, gluten free bread for my wife as well. Over the top, left stuffed every day. Tried the Bistro in the hotel one night, found good food priced very reasonably (main course 400Kc, about 16Euro). Actually found almost everything in prague reasonable. Hotel was in New Town, and most of what you want to see will be in Old Town...20 minute walk. But the trams go right past the hotel and a 30 minute pass is only about a buck, so if you plan it right you don't walk too much. This hotel is definately a winner.

Room tip: We were on the eighth floor, everything was quiet
1  Thank Howard H

Dear Howard H,

Thank you for taking your time to share your comment with us.

I am truly delighted to hear you were having a good time during your recent stay with us.

We hope You will stay with us again soon!