“Great location, amazing staff.”
Review of Kampa Garden

Kampa Garden
Ranked #69 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We had a great time at this hotel. Our room was realy HUGE, enourmous. The Hotel is very close to Charles Bridge - 1 min walking -, so you can explore the city by foot with no difficult. The staff also deserves a good mention. Nice and prestative. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank brunomilano83

Reviewed February 12, 2013

It was our second time in Kampa Garden Hotel and the hotel obviously tries to be better and better (food and service became more better since our first stay there 2 yaers ago). and it is not very expensive, and in the very center of Prague.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anna M
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My title pretty well sums it up. Some three star hotels can be a little grim but Kampa Garden wasn't. For the competitive price we paid it was pretty straight forward, room was big enough and comfortable and the bathroom was clean although one of the shower panels was cracked. The staff were friendly and in contrast with much of our experience with Prague's service industry. The location is only couple minutes from the Charles Bridge so within 15 minutes walk you are in old town picturesque Prague centre. Quiet and peaceful. Breakfast buffet downstairs was better than many typical continental meals of cold food; there were hot scrambled eggs, small sausages and boiled eggs to go with the good selection of breads, pastries, cereals, yogurt, sliced fruit, cheese, cold cuts, coffee, tea and juice drinks.

Judging from the questionnaires to be found in the room, on each breakfast table and pleasant enquiry from the staff the management is interested in constructive feedback.

This place is solid and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good value hotel in Prague.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Grivola
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed there February 2013. My 3rd time in Prague.
When you drive up to the hotel, you think it is a hostel from the outside, then when you open the door and you only see stairs, it doesn't make it any better.
It is almost under the Charles Bridge so you are downtown, in the tourist area, close to all the sightseeing spots.
The hotel is very modest but clean. I was on a business trip so I wouldn't have time to enjoy any amenities, if it had any.
It does include free breakfast and free internet.
It is also pretty quite, which is great for me since I am a light sleeper.
Another plus, for me anyway, is that smoking is not allowed anywhere inside the hotel.
I disliked the fact that there no restaurant open at the hotel, except for breakfast, and there was no convenient store near by. The mini bar prices were not too high.
The front desk staff can't help you with much, other than sending you to your room. They were not very friendly.
We asked for a good restaurant and the answer we got was pretty much " walk around and choose one".
There was not vanity in the bathroom so for a women, having go back and forth with your make up and everything you need to get ready, is not very convenient.
It would be a good place to stay if you a travelling on a budget.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jade1stone2
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed there 2 days ago for one night -
I just have one small "complaint", there is actually no bar in the Hotel itself - The reason behind my "complaint" is that we were travelling with our 8 months old daughter and having a bar listed on the Hotel website was one of the reasons why I chose this hotel so we could meet our friends without going out - You can buy drinks from the reception which is not technically a bar !

Apart from that small "glitch", overall it was a nice experience

Staff
were really nice and helpful

Room :
size was ok for 3 people
a bit noisy in the morning but you can't blame the hotel for that

Bathroom
decent size, nice shower and clean ( a bit of mould that would need to be treated)

Breakfast
Plenty of choice (Croissant, pain au chocolat, cheese, salami, cereals, frutis, yogourts etc etc)
no fresh juice but the one they serve is not too bad
good coffee

Location
I think everything has been said on that point - perfect

Would I go back there ? Probably

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed twice in this hotel in January 2013,and both times I found it to be excellent,very friendly helpful staff and a great buffet breakfast,plus of course the excellent location in Prague 1,I will be returning to Prague in May and I will definitely be staying at the kampa garden again

Room Tip: The rooms on the ground floor are a little larger
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our 3 days at the Kampa Garden which is located just a short walk from the Charles Bridge and the Malá Strana area. Just around the corner from the John Lennon Wall and Lock Bridge.
I don't remember our room number but it was quite a bit larger than most rooms we had while traveling in Europe. Bed was comfy and we had a view of the canal. Breakfast was very filling with a nice selection. Staff was as friendly as they get. They were very helpful with my questions.
If I am lucky enough to ever return to Prague I will certainly stay at the Kampa Garden again. Our stay was in October of 2012.
Scott from Alaska