“Great location, really good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Grand Hotel Praha

Grand Hotel Praha
Ranked #121 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Lymington, United Kingdom
“Great location, really good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

We chose the Grand Hotel Praha because of its location and you won't be disappointed. It is opposite the astromical clock right in the Old Town Square. The rooms are clean and reasonably large but ours (215) had no space around the bed. More than made up for by the stunning view of the square.

Breakfast is included and alright but not memorable. The staff are excellent and extremely helpful, booking jazz clubs and directing us to good value money changing.

I would throughly recommend this hotel

1 Thank MarkLanigan
KahuPrague, Manager at Grand Hotel Praha, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

thak you for your rspond to our accommodation and I am very happy to read, that over all you have enjoyed your stay with us and we will look forward to have you stay with us again in the near future!

Lenka Kotalikova

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Shrewsbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

We have just had 2 nights at this hotel and were very pleased. The location could not be bettered and we had a window that actually overlooked the Astronomical Clock.

The room was huge and furnished in a very traditional style, also with a spacious bathroom. The room was spotlessly clean and the bed was very comfortable.

Staff were courteous and very helpful and breakfast was the usual continental fare, although the cooked to order omlette was a nice extra. Background classical music was an unusual but nice touch.

Thoroughly recommended

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GaryShrewsbury

Ankara
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

The Hotel location is ideal - right in the city center with easy connection any historic place and walking distance. The staff of the hotel is very friendly and helpful. We especially experienced their help and assistance during the check-in time. Breakfast food is great and i would really recomment positively on the staff. The room with windows over the old town square is really great - spacious and nice amenities.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Sir/Madam,

thak you for your lovely respond to our accommodation and our services!!!
And we will look forward to have you stay with us again in the near future!

Dresden, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed for 4 nights in late March and found this a great location to stay if you want to see the old part of Prague. The service was excellent starting with how our arrival was handled, continuing with the breakfast service at the restaurant downstairs and with arrangements for our departure. The room was very clean, well furnished and quaint. Very comfortable bed with adequate furniture, lighting, etc. The bathroom was good and everything worked well. We enjoyed the warm atmosphere provided by the wooden wall paneling, wooden floors and furniture, something which is relatively rare these days.
Our room looked over the old town square and directly across from use was the famous Astronomical Clock. We enjoyed watching this whenever we were in the room. From this location it is easy to walk to most of the places of interest such as the Prague Castle. Many restaurants close by but the price for a meal is higher for the convenience. Some great restaurants nearby with more reasonable prices, just have to walk a couple of blocks.
The only drawback is the huge number of tourists right outside the window of the room. We knew this ahead of time and made a decision to stay here because this was far outweighed by the other advantages. At night there is quite a bit of noise from people enjoying a beer or two but this is just part of being in a tourist area. If you want quiet there are other rooms facing into a courtyard.
Overall, good experience and we will definitely return to Prague and stay here when we do.

Room Tip: Front view is great, worth the price dealing with busy tourists (like us!)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir/Madam,

thak you for your great respond to our accommodation and our services!!!
Yes, I have to agree with the fact, that Old Town Square can get very busy with turists, but as you have stated in your review, if you prefere quit room, we have definitely got those in the back of the hotel.
Ones again thank you for yuch a great review and we will look forwrd to hopefully have the great pleasue to acommodate you with us again!!!

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I appreciate everything you all did and cannot thank you enough. My engagment was exactly how I had planned it and you made that night so special for myself and my fiance. Mr. Marhoul was great and very friendly. He did way more than I had expected he would with the photos and video. The video was an amazing touch and for him to get us those prints and the CD in 1 day was so great.

I have told so many people about my experience at your hotel and your amazing service. I hope that all my friends and family that ever travel to Praha will use your hotel and your services. I told my fiance that I will be going back to Prague many times in the future and I will definitely be staying in your hotel. The view out of our room was unbelievable and better than I could have every imagined.

I cannot thank you enough for everything you did, but I hope that my future trips to your hotel and city will begin to show that.

Room Tip: Choose the Grand Deluxe, what a view and not a bad price at all. Right in the center of the Old town...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
KahuPrague, Manager at Grand Hotel Praha, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Sir/Madama,

I am very glad to read, that you have enjoyed your stay with us and you have had unforgettable time at our hotel and hopefully we will have the great pleasure to accommodate you with us again in the near future!

Aarhus, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

The hotel is situated right across from the astrologic clock in the middle of the old square. It's a neat boutique hotel with very friendly service. The rooms are clean, well kept and rustically interior. The bathroom seems to have been refurbished recently, so that's great. They server a very good breakfast in the Mozart cafe that's part of the hotel.

The staff is extremely forthcoming and helpful, and speaks very well English. Only downside is that they allow people to smoke indoor. Hopefully, this will be changed soon.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
KahuPrague, Manager at Grand Hotel Praha, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Sir/Madama,

thank you for your review and I am glad to read, that over all you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel!
I know, what you mean, when you say you would prohibited smoking in our hotel, and I agree, however, I think this will take a wee while longer, before we finaly get these lowes of non smoking indoor here in Czech Republic, unfortunately so :(
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Absolutely perfect location. The breakfast was very good, in a beautiful room and with a view of the Astronomical Clock. The room was beautifully decorated with antiques, the staff friendly and helpful. When I go back to Prague, this hotel will be my first and only choice. In fact, my husband gave their business card to one of our flight attendants (on our KLM flight) who has an upcoming trip to Prague.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sonja D
KahuPrague, Manager at Grand Hotel Praha, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Sir / Madam ,

thank you for your amazing respond to our accommodation and thank you, for passing on our hotel card to flight attendants, that is great!!!
and we will look forward to have you stay with us in the near future!