“An Amazing Trip and an Even Better Hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Grand Hotel Praha

Grand Hotel Praha
Ranked #121 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Alexandria, Virginia
“An Amazing Trip and an Even Better Hotel.”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I appreciate everything you all did and cannot thank you enough. My engagment was exactly how I had planned it and you made that night so special for myself and my fiance. Mr. Marhoul was great and very friendly. He did way more than I had expected he would with the photos and video. The video was an amazing touch and for him to get us those prints and the CD in 1 day was so great.

I have told so many people about my experience at your hotel and your amazing service. I hope that all my friends and family that ever travel to Praha will use your hotel and your services. I told my fiance that I will be going back to Prague many times in the future and I will definitely be staying in your hotel. The view out of our room was unbelievable and better than I could have every imagined.

I cannot thank you enough for everything you did, but I hope that my future trips to your hotel and city will begin to show that.

Room Tip: Choose the Grand Deluxe, what a view and not a bad price at all. Right in the center of the Old town...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
KahuPrague, Manager at Grand Hotel Praha, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Sir/Madama,

I am very glad to read, that you have enjoyed your stay with us and you have had unforgettable time at our hotel and hopefully we will have the great pleasure to accommodate you with us again in the near future!

Lenka Kotalikova

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Aarhus, Denmark
Reviewed February 21, 2014

The hotel is situated right across from the astrologic clock in the middle of the old square. It's a neat boutique hotel with very friendly service. The rooms are clean, well kept and rustically interior. The bathroom seems to have been refurbished recently, so that's great. They server a very good breakfast in the Mozart cafe that's part of the hotel.

The staff is extremely forthcoming and helpful, and speaks very well English. Only downside is that they allow people to smoke indoor. Hopefully, this will be changed soon.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
KahuPrague, Manager at Grand Hotel Praha, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Sir/Madama,

thank you for your review and I am glad to read, that over all you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel!
I know, what you mean, when you say you would prohibited smoking in our hotel, and I agree, however, I think this will take a wee while longer, before we finaly get these lowes of non smoking indoor here in Czech Republic, unfortunately so :(
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Absolutely perfect location. The breakfast was very good, in a beautiful room and with a view of the Astronomical Clock. The room was beautifully decorated with antiques, the staff friendly and helpful. When I go back to Prague, this hotel will be my first and only choice. In fact, my husband gave their business card to one of our flight attendants (on our KLM flight) who has an upcoming trip to Prague.

1 Thank Sonja D
KahuPrague, Manager at Grand Hotel Praha, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Sir / Madam ,

thank you for your amazing respond to our accommodation and thank you, for passing on our hotel card to flight attendants, that is great!!!
and we will look forward to have you stay with us in the near future!

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Our criteria for a hotel in Prague included a close proximity to the Old Town Christmas Market and the ability to walk everywhere we wanted to go. We reviewed a number of hotels before picking this one and we were very happy with our decision. The hotel faces the Astrological Clock and in December, the Christmas market. Our taxi let us off at the edge of the Old Town Square where we were met by hotel staff who collected our luggage. The walk to the hotel was short. We found the hotel staff courteous and accommodating (and very patient with our endless questions). The rooms were comfortable, the view from our windows was incredible, the bathrooms nice (especially the towel warmers on cold December mornings). Breakfast was served in the lovely Mozart Café. The buffet had an excellent selection of items. We also enjoyed evening coffee in the Café. Lovely European hotel, we would stay here again!

Room Tip: Select a room facing the Old Town Square. Rooms that do not face the square face an alley.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Beverly S
Dear Sir / Madam ,

thank you for your amazing respond to our accommodation!!!
And we will look forward to have you stay with us in the near future!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Perfect location very helpful and friendly every member of staff from reception, room service,waiters/waitress nothing was too much trouble and always had a smile for you. Stayed in superior room in attic which was spacious and very unique loved it. Breakfast was in lovely setting overlooking the astrological clock and had plenty of choice of hot and cold foods. Would definitely stay here again and would recommend it. Our only negative is there is no tea/coffee facilities in the room which you expect for a 4 star rated hotel.

2 Thank Robert A
KahuPrague, Manager at Grand Hotel Praha, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

thak you for your great respond to our accommodation and our services!!!
Regards your note about no coffee or tea facility, I would just like to explain, that due to a high fire hazard, we are not able to have coffee and tea facility in our room's, however, there is 24/7 reception stuff service, ready to assist you with anything!:)
Ones again thank you for yuch a great review and we will look forwrd to hopefully have the great pleasue to acommodate you with us again!!!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This hotel came highly recommended and we were disappointed. In theory the position directly opposite and only metres away from the famous astronomical clock in the Old Town Square, seems fantastic. However, in reality, this means one can only access the hotel with luggage on foot and thousands of tourists mill around the entrance day and night. Service and amenities were minimal, considering this is a 4 star hotel. Public relations were abysmal; the reception staff can do nothing without the manager's ok and the manager is conveniently nowhere to be found.

Room Tip: If you require quiet request a room without a view at the back of the hotel.
4 Thank Michael J
KahuPrague, Manager at Grand Hotel Praha, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

thank you for your respond to our accommodation.
But I do not agree with most of your comments, first of all I am on hand 24/7 in my office or after hours on my cell to assist all our guests needs and also to help our reception stuff if needed, though out your stay I was in my office on the first floor and no one did ask my assistance. So I am not quit sure, why you have stated in your review, that manager was nowhere to be found.
Also the path to get to our hotel from the taxi stand is only 50m away, so it is not such a long way to walk and we have got our porter to assist you with your suitcasses, and as you could see for yourself, there is truly no where to park other then on Male Namesti or ¨Parizska street, which you can actualy see from the hotel window's. Yes, I agree that the Old Town Square itself is a really busy part of Prague, but I would think, that our guests are aware of the fact, that if they are accommodated in the heart of Prague, directly opposite Asronomical Clock, that it is going to be turisty!
You have also stated in yur review, that our service and amenities were minimal, I have to point out our previous reviews, almost all of them speak very highly of our services! Our reception stuff is ready to assist you 24/7 and I myself check on them all the time, so I disagree with your opinion!
In the end of my respond to your review, I would just like to point out, that you have reserved our Deluxe room, with the views of the Old Town Squre, but you were unhappy with this room, as it was to noisy, our reception stuff has moved you to a superior room, which is in the back of our hotel. You have then ask for discount due to the fact, that you were in a lower class room and I did not offer you this discount, only because this was your choice and Deluxe room was then bloked for other guests to reserved this room, which is our top acommodation.

We do take our work in Grand hotel Praha very seriously and we love all our guests and try to provide for them home away from home here in Prague, so it just makes me sad to read such a disappointing respond to our accommodation, as we put so much time and love to it.

Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My husband and I spent a week in the Presidential Suite at Grand Hotel Praha from December 14-20th. It was a magnificent experience on every level, beginning with being met promptly at the airport by our driver and by the bellman immediately upon arrival in Old Town despite the late hour. The view of the Astronomical Clock and Old Town Square was spectacular, room service was fast, delicious and courteous and the concierge was extremely helpful. The Baroque music concert dinner in the Mozart Café on our last night was delightful and a highlight of the trip. We explored the Christmas markets and so much of Prague on foot and returned to enjoy the sauna in the suite--a life saver for old bones. The Presidential Suite is my favorite hotel room of all time. We would never stay anywhere else in Prague. Thank you for making our anniversary trip wonderful!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tsc3919
Dear Sir/Madama,

You have just made my day, and if you do not mind, I have place your respond to our accommodation on our FB page as it was such an amazing review!!! thank you and We will look forward to have you stay with us again!