“Perfect Location, Unique Fun Hotel...”
Review of Grand Hotel Praha

Grand Hotel Praha
Ranked #108 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Our criteria for a hotel in Prague included a close proximity to the Old Town Christmas Market and the ability to walk everywhere we wanted to go. We reviewed a number of hotels before picking this one and we were very happy with our decision. The hotel faces the Astrological Clock and in December, the Christmas market. Our taxi let us off at the edge of the Old Town Square where we were met by hotel staff who collected our luggage. The walk to the hotel was short. We found the hotel staff courteous and accommodating (and very patient with our endless questions). The rooms were comfortable, the view from our windows was incredible, the bathrooms nice (especially the towel warmers on cold December mornings). Breakfast was served in the lovely Mozart Café. The buffet had an excellent selection of items. We also enjoyed evening coffee in the Café. Lovely European hotel, we would stay here again!

Room Tip: Select a room facing the Old Town Square. Rooms that do not face the square face an alley.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Beverly S
KahuPrague, Manager at Grand Hotel Praha, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Sir / Madam ,

thank you for your amazing respond to our accommodation!!!
And we will look forward to have you stay with us in the near future!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Perfect location very helpful and friendly every member of staff from reception, room service,waiters/waitress nothing was too much trouble and always had a smile for you. Stayed in superior room in attic which was spacious and very unique loved it. Breakfast was in lovely setting overlooking the astrological clock and had plenty of choice of hot and cold foods. Would definitely stay here again and would recommend it. Our only negative is there is no tea/coffee facilities in the room which you expect for a 4 star rated hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Robert A
KahuPrague, Manager at Grand Hotel Praha, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

thak you for your great respond to our accommodation and our services!!!
Regards your note about no coffee or tea facility, I would just like to explain, that due to a high fire hazard, we are not able to have coffee and tea facility in our room's, however, there is 24/7 reception stuff service, ready to assist you with anything!:)
Ones again thank you for yuch a great review and we will look forwrd to hopefully have the great pleasue to acommodate you with us again!!!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

This hotel came highly recommended and we were disappointed. In theory the position directly opposite and only metres away from the famous astronomical clock in the Old Town Square, seems fantastic. However, in reality, this means one can only access the hotel with luggage on foot and thousands of tourists mill around the entrance day and night. Service and amenities were minimal, considering this is a 4 star hotel. Public relations were abysmal; the reception staff can do nothing without the manager's ok and the manager is conveniently nowhere to be found.

Room Tip: If you require quiet request a room without a view at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Michael J
KahuPrague, Manager at Grand Hotel Praha, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

thank you for your respond to our accommodation.
But I do not agree with most of your comments, first of all I am on hand 24/7 in my office or after hours on my cell to assist all our guests needs and also to help our reception stuff if needed, though out your stay I was in my office on the first floor and no one did ask my assistance. So I am not quit sure, why you have stated in your review, that manager was nowhere to be found.
Also the path to get to our hotel from the taxi stand is only 50m away, so it is not such a long way to walk and we have got our porter to assist you with your suitcasses, and as you could see for yourself, there is truly no where to park other then on Male Namesti or ¨Parizska street, which you can actualy see from the hotel window's. Yes, I agree that the Old Town Square itself is a really busy part of Prague, but I would think, that our guests are aware of the fact, that if they are accommodated in the heart of Prague, directly opposite Asronomical Clock, that it is going to be turisty!
You have also stated in yur review, that our service and amenities were minimal, I have to point out our previous reviews, almost all of them speak very highly of our services! Our reception stuff is ready to assist you 24/7 and I myself check on them all the time, so I disagree with your opinion!
In the end of my respond to your review, I would just like to point out, that you have reserved our Deluxe room, with the views of the Old Town Squre, but you were unhappy with this room, as it was to noisy, our reception stuff has moved you to a superior room, which is in the back of our hotel. You have then ask for discount due to the fact, that you were in a lower class room and I did not offer you this discount, only because this was your choice and Deluxe room was then bloked for other guests to reserved this room, which is our top acommodation.

We do take our work in Grand hotel Praha very seriously and we love all our guests and try to provide for them home away from home here in Prague, so it just makes me sad to read such a disappointing respond to our accommodation, as we put so much time and love to it.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

My husband and I spent a week in the Presidential Suite at Grand Hotel Praha from December 14-20th. It was a magnificent experience on every level, beginning with being met promptly at the airport by our driver and by the bellman immediately upon arrival in Old Town despite the late hour. The view of the Astronomical Clock and Old Town Square was spectacular, room service was fast, delicious and courteous and the concierge was extremely helpful. The Baroque music concert dinner in the Mozart Café on our last night was delightful and a highlight of the trip. We explored the Christmas markets and so much of Prague on foot and returned to enjoy the sauna in the suite--a life saver for old bones. The Presidential Suite is my favorite hotel room of all time. We would never stay anywhere else in Prague. Thank you for making our anniversary trip wonderful!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tsc3919
KahuPrague, Manager at Grand Hotel Praha, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Sir/Madama,

You have just made my day, and if you do not mind, I have place your respond to our accommodation on our FB page as it was such an amazing review!!! thank you and We will look forward to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Ok, firstly, 4 stars for one reason only - lack of tea/coffee facilities in the room, which for a Grand Deluxe room we would have expected, in fact any room at the GHP considering the cost.

I digress...

As the title says, a great central lication. Room was great, staff were friendly, breakfast was tasty... location was great....

Worth every penny.....shame about lack of tea/coffee making facility in the room (I know....I repeated myself) :-)

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark L
KahuPrague, Manager at Grand Hotel Praha, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear Mark,

thank you for your respond to our accommodation and I am glad to read that over all you have enjoyed your stay with us. I would also like to explain, that the resond why we do not have tea or coffee facility is because of a fire hazard, due to these lows we are not allowed to place tea/coffee facilitties in any of our rooms, but we do have a reception stuff there for you 24/7 ready to assist you with anything + bring you tea r coffee any time throug out day or night.

I would also like to wish you all the best in the New Year 2014 and we will look forward to hopefully have the great pleasure and accommodate you with us again in the near future!

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Had a previous look at this hotel earlier in the year when having coffee in their beautiful cafe overlooking the astronomical clock. On planning a Christmas market visit decided to give the hotel itself a try - a great decision.
The location is fantastic right in the square opposite the clock - easy walking distance to just about everywhere in central Prague and the metro. The hotel is old world classic with a subtle efficiency and style now difficult to find. A room at the back is quiet and completely isolated from any square noise. The restaurant for breakfast is first class - again with an early view of the astronomical clock! and their excellent day long cafe cakes and snacks are always on hand. Occasionally used by those in the know, but despite it's position and quality on both our summer and winter visits there were never too many people. Their weekly music nightime concert (classical and jazz alternate) provide a great evening on the spot. Overall a rare central city find in a beautiful capital

Room Tip: The back (courtyard view) have really no view but are quiet. All the views you want from the cafe/re...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madam,

thank you for such an amazing respond to our accommodation, it was the best New Year read for me personaly :))) You have just made my day :) So thank you and I will look forward to have the great pleasure and accommodate you with us again in the near future!

I would also like to wish you all the best in the New Year 2014!
Lenka

Reviewed December 20, 2013

We loved staying at Grand Hotel Praha! The location is perfect, we could walk almost everywhere. The staff was exemplary. They never tired of giving us directions, recommendations, etc..Our room was charming, quiet, clean and had a wonderful big bathroom. Breakfast was delicious and we loved being able to look out at the Old Town Square. We have already recommended this hotel to our friends who are traveling to Prague next year.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sir/Madam,

thank you for your great respond to our acommodation and thank you for recommending our hotel to your friends and family!!!

I would also like to wish you all the best in the New Year 2014 and hopefully we will have the great pleasure and accommodate you with us again this year!
Lenka