Booked the Grand Deluxe room online through their website, secured with deposit, rest of payment on check out.
Location: In touristy but lively Old Town Square
- Central location with many attractions in the vicinity
- Big and spacious, nicely decorated with antique-looking furniture; the room was atmospheric enough
- Secure building with smart card access
- Great view of Old Town Hall but the view of the clock is not as good as advertised in their website for this room type
- Breakfast selection was good and the location Cafe Mozart is great
- No lifts, and the room was a trek up and down staircases. This would be difficult for those with heavy and large luggage or with walking disability.
- View: The Astronomical Clock could be seen from our Grand Deluxe room but views (see Tripadvisor member photos) were not consistent with the view shown on the Grand Praha website for this room type.
- Bed was a thin mattress with single-size comforters. Still we slept okay, tired after a day's exploration.
- Safe was small and squarish and cannot accommodate a laptop or DSLR camera.
- Tub with hand shower but there is no tall hook to hang it on.
- Weak toilet flush
- Wifi could not be accessed in the room throughout our stay. We informed staff everyday but we were told daily that they were looking to fix the problem. It never worked.
The Grand Praha Hotel is not as grand as we had expected, and in our experience had more cons than pros. However, it might still be attractive to visitors looking for accommodations with views of the Astronomical Clock, just manage your expectations.
Should we find ourselves in Prague again, we'd probably look for other accommodation options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand hotel Praha has a unique location in the centre of the Old Town of Prague. The hotel is right in the Old Town Square and within walking distance from the main historical sites, theaters, art galleries and the city centre shopping zone.Guests of the Grand hotel Praha can enjoy its magical views of the Old Town Astronomical Clock in the Old Town Square. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hotel Praha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Prague