“Excellent B&B for anyone coming to Prague”
Review of Lida Guest House

and 1 more site!
Lida Guest House
Ranked #7 of 358 Prague B&B and Inns
“Excellent B&B for anyone coming to Prague”
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Jan and his wife run a fantastic Guest House... My wife and 21 yr old son stayed 3 nights - using Lida as our daily launch pad for two full days of touring and exploring Prague. We loved our accommodations, but Jan is a treasure. Jan's hospitality and knowledge really made our stay at Lida memorable!
As others have mentioned, Lida is a 10 min walk from reliable & regular public transportation, which takes another 10 min to get to Old Town. This was not a problem for us, but know Lida isn't in the City Center. However, what Lida lacked in location, Jan more than made up for in how he took care of us.
Prior to our arrival Jan promptly answered the many email questions my wife fired his way.
Upon arrival at the Prague Train station we followed the directions on Jan's website to find the Guest House - they are spot on.
Jan greeted us when we buzzed in and invited us to take our time settling into our room.
15 minutes later we met him in the dining room for his 'orientation' for getting around Prague. We enjoyed a great cup of coffee as Jan spent 20 minutes going over a map with us. He answered our many questions on Czech history, music, trains, sites, food, etc. (Jan was available throughout our stay to answer additional questions). We concluded Jan knows everything and dubbed him the 'Renaissance Man.'
Details on our accommodations:
Our room: 1 double/1 twin w/ private bath was clean and spacious; comfortable beds, wardrobe, plenty of outlets for charging things and nice hot shower. Good Wifi signal in the room - stronger signal in the lounge right up from the main entrance.
Breakfast each morning was very nice - typical European breakfast with dry cereal, breads (try the Czech rye), meats, veggies, yogurt, juice. milk and plenty of hot coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. For the remainder of the day they had a small selection of drinks/snacks that one pays for upon check-out. (If you have other convenience store needs, there are a couple of choices within a 5 min walk.)
I strongly recommend you consider Lida Guest house if you are planning to visit Prague. Staying with Jan and his wife is a significant & positive part of my family's Prague Memories

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Fouredheads

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This trip was a 3 night long weekend and we chose the Lida B&B based on a tour guides recommendation and the trip advisors rating. We were really glad that we chose to stay here. The room is very nice and clean. The bathroon had a large shower. For our purposes of a jumping off point to explore it was absolutely perfect! The breakfast is really nice as well. Jiri, the owner or manager was super and he provided us an overview of tube, tram, and walking options. He also went over the map of the area and pointed out the must see sites. He also recommended available tours in the area. I have a strong feeling that we will be back for another trip and hopefully this time it will be an even longer stay to explore more of this wonderful city.

Room Tip: Just explain what you are looking for and they will do there best to accomodate. We had dogs and th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RATMANDUDE
Ramsey, New Jersey
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at this B&B. Jan picked us up at the airport, and patiently waited while I struggled with the Vodafone simm card for my phone. As he drove us home, he gave as a tour telling us about the city history and pointing out places of interest.

Our room was wonderful with comfortable beds and fluffy towels and we enjoyed breakfast each morning. The location is great and the tram system makes getting around Prague very easy.

We would definitely stay here again and recommend the Lida Guest House to friends!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank gmbtab
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Our host Jan, of the Lida Guest House made our early April visit a great success in spite of the unusually cool weather. We were picked up the main railroad station and got a good introduction to Prague on the ride to the well appointed Lida in a pleasant (and quiet) residential neighborhood. Our room was perfect and the bathroom was very modern with fluffy towels and towel warmers. Jan and the Lida staff helped us with using the excellent nearby tram system as well as telling us about key sites to see along the short tram ride from the Lida area to the main tourist sites. The daily breakfast was generous and featured Czech specialties. Jan gave us more information about key historic sites along the way as he took us to the airport for our return flight home. We plan to return to Prague for a longer stay at the Lida Guest House.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Harold B
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I wasn't expecting such a nice stay when I heard of this Bed and Breakfast. However, as soon as I and my friends met Jan, the owner, we knew it would be worth it. As he picked us up at the airport, he gave as a quick tour through the way to the hotel, talking about the city history and teaching us about the main views we had during the trip. When we got to the hotel, he was more than happy to sit with us and teach us all we needed to know about locations, transportation (he ven bought us the tickets) and such. If I may, I'd like to add that he also booked us tickets for a classical music concert! After this, we were welcomed by a very tidy room, with comfortable beds, a tv and even a bathtub! When you wake up, you can't help but notice the computer room and the lovely breakfast, which is always available, even for those sleeping in. The price is very reasonable and, well, it couldn't have been better. Believe me, all you will have to do is enjoy the city, without any worries at all.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Marina D
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Had a great experience in Lida Guest House. Jiri is so helpful and makes your stay perfect.
Excellent advices, good breakfast, good location (15 min. max to go to Charles bridge , by tram!), great host, and clean spacious and very nice rooms, for a good value !
I will definitly keep this address in mind and recommend it to my friends !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Marion B
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I'm so glad I chose to stay at Lida Guesthouse in Prague....for so many reasons! Firstly, when I arrived, I was welcomed by the very friendly and helpful Jiri, who showed me to my room, & also shared maps of Prague with me, & pointed out all the best sights to see, how to get there, & even organized tickets for me. The room was nice and tidy and bright, & nicely decorated. There is also a little sun-room if you want to use the internet or library. I also found Lida to be conveniently located.....I could walk into the heart of Prague (or catch a Tram or Train, & the stops were right near by!!) Throughout the stay, Jiri was so hospitable, friendly and helpful, and was happy to answer any questions, or help organize anything for you. I would highly recommend Lida as a convenient, comfortable, homely, and enjoyable place to stay in Prague!! :o)

• Stayed March 2013