Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
Open today: 9:00 AM - 11:30 PM

Recommended experiences in and around Prague
from $17.63
from $17.63
from $44.08
from $39.00
More Info
All reviews petrin tower transport ticket travel pass nice ride public transport in prague day pass rose gardens buy tickets strahov monastery prague castle charles bridge carriage journey observatory mirror platform
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I usually research everything but this - I paid for 2 tickets as only wanted to go up for the experience with my mother then to walk to the castle.
I did not know about the validation as if I’m the UK - ticket would be checked manually even at the end of the ride.
Of course picked out by “ticket inspectors” and firstly asked for 100kr each as fine - said no as I had purchased.
Then said the fine was 800kr each - said no chance I was paying - issued with a fine and 15 days to pay - I wouldn’t let passport out of my hand either and said I had no card.
Said if I didn’t pay - fine would rise to 10000 and they would chase it up through embassy - Informed they to go for it as won’t be paying
I pointed out there was no sign at the bottom and no barrier - this was also pointed out above and he immediately closed the barrier - def a tourist trap to get money.
Ticket was also in Czech - I asked for the ticket in English translation to understand and a copy couldn’t be provided.
Also pointed out the female staff member who knew u had bought the tickets and no cue so straight on - was very ignorant and said it was my problem
I’ll await contact from the embassy

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Tickets seem to be the problem if your not used to public transport in Prague. You could buy 3 types of ticket, 30 minutes, 90 or 24 hours. We bought 24 hours for 110Kc (about £3.75 each). This permitted you to use all the trams for . .er. 24 hours. You must 'validate' the ticket before using ANY travel. ie to start the clock or you could get a fine. Staff at the ticket office shown me how to do it.
At the top there's a little history of how it was built and its refurb a few years ago. All good stuff.
There's no point complaining about staff not speaking english, We're in their country for goodness sake. I have a translation app on my phone - works well

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We decided to go to vist Petrin Tower and for this we saw the recommendation a visitor takes the Funicular Railway to the top as their is a long, steep walk to the top of the hill.

Reading through previous reviews we were quite concerned about ticketing, fines and rude staff; we needn't of worried.

If you already have a valid travel pass (Bought and validated already for Bus, Tram and Metro) you just need to make sure you have it on your person.

If you don't have a valid travel pass make sure you buy one and validate it in the machine at the barrier in the Funicular station, no worries.

Worthwhile riding this and you're rewarded with spectacular views and can visit the wonderful Pretin Tower.

1  Thank AndrewWhitby85
Reviewed January 12, 2020

Price of ordinary tram ticket, part of same system. Has a few stops on the way up, if you want to get off to walk in the park. Our aim was to get to the top as easily as possible as it was about 300 steps to climb the Petrin Tower.There is a lift if needed. Absolutely stunning views from the top 360 degree views across the city, bridges, river. Only reason for building the tower was to copy the Eiffel tower in Paris.Cafe adjacent to the tower was expensive and not very good quality or service.

Reviewed January 10, 2020

Information point is not accessible from outside. I have tried to reach a girl inside information point and I was literally pushed out! She can't speak in English. She was speaking in another language and she didn't help us at all. I am really disappointed for her rude and unpolite behavior.

In the end nobody answer to our questions.

1  Thank alicesZ7657JB