“Good location for the price”

Hotel Hastal Prague Old Town
Ranked #68 of 651 Hotels in Prague
Houston, Texas
“Good location for the price”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Location is great, just a few blocks from the astrological clock... is a small hotel, the room was clean and the bathroom was ok. We booked the "romantic view", but we only had some roof view...breakfast was fine... and they served good coffee if you pay extra (very cheap in any case)...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shomoche

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

The hotel has the perfect location you can walk everywhere within minutes. Our room was rather spacious and very clean. The tv in our room did not work and we told them night 1 they said the person at the front was alone and could not do anything until the following day... The following day it still did not work the girl from the front desk came and tried to fix it without any luck and hotel made it seem like it didn't matter. They have a large breakfast but I went down both days to get breakfast well before breakfast time was over and there was no food left and I waited around 20 minutes and no more ever came. I asked the women working in the dining room and she didn't understand English so we could never eat breakfast either day.

• Stayed June 2013
PatrickRieger, Owner at Hotel Hastal Prague Old Town, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
First and foremost I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay at Hotel Hastal along with sharing with us your nice feedback. I do appreciate your overall positive review especially regarding cleanliness and quality of accommodation. These kinds of feedbacks are very valuable for all of us as they give us the best available message and areas for further activities and actions – thank you very much. I am very sorry to read about the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I will definitely share your concerns regarding breakfast service and non-functioning TV to relative departments to improve overall guest satisfaction which is actually the most important focus at our family hotel. I am very happy to read about your recommendations and will be looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for anything I can do for you during your next time in Prague.
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is the worst place you could stay at. Clearly they have being buying good reviews in TripAdvisor, otherwise it could not be explained why it has so many good and above reviews.
We arrived late from Amsterdam only to find that the hotel was overbooked (they consistenly do this although they allege any other cause like remodeling, broken pipes, etc). We had booked a double room and were given a filthy and minimal (1,8mts by 4mts) room with a duvet on the floor. The woman in the reception was extremely unhelpfull and clearly had anxiety problems. When we asked her to give us the room we had payed for she said that the were no other hotels in Prague to move us to and that if we wanted we could sleep on the street. I insisted I wanted to speak with the manager but was constantly refused so. Apart from that, the rooms are filthy the cleaning service is inexistent and most of the staff are either unhelpfull or unconsiderate.
Avoid this hotel at all cost.

3 Thank Adrian79Ar
Thank you very much for your honest and candid feedback. I am very disappointed to read about your experiences during your stay in our family hotel and especially with our staff. You can be assured that this is not acceptable for us. I am actually pretty surprised about your negative impression of the cleanliness in the hotel. Especially cleanliness is mentioned on this webpage several times as a big plus of our hotel. But I can assure you that we still take your feedback serious and we will work hard with our room maids that situations like you experienced will not happen again. I still hope we will get another chance from you to show you that we can do much better. Please contact me directly, if there is anything I can do for you.
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We spent 5 nights at Hotel Hastal and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The hotel is well situated within easy walking distance from all the beautiful sites the city has to offer. There are also restaurants, cafés and convenience stores close by. The hotel staff are welcoming and helpful: I had signalled that we would be celebrating my friend's birthday during our stay and on the "B" day, flowers and a bottle of wine were waiting for us at the hotel. We highly recommend the hotel and would return without hesitation.

Room Tip: If you arrive by train particularly, I recommend that you reserve a taxi with the hotel. We used th...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We loved this hotel very much, mainly because of it's incredible staff, especially Patrick, the hotel manager, and one very friendly front desk receptionist, Eva. Upon telling Patrick we were in need of handicapped accommodation, he and his staff did everything possible to make sure we were comfortable. They even went out and bought a handicap showering bench the very same day we mentioned we might need one.

Patrick and Eva were constantly researching things for us, including helping us track down family history as one of the main reasons we were there was to discover family ancestors from that region.

The location of the hotel is within walking distance to everything, except the castle of course. 5 minutes to Old Town Sq, Old Jewish Quarter, Wenceslas Sq, and Charles Bridge. The staff helped us book a river tour, arranged for a handicapped accessible van for transportation, and were always willing to recommend delicious restaurants for us to try!

This hotel was wonderful for our needs all around. We were three generations together on a family trip and the service provided far exceeded our expectations. They really made us feel welcome.

Arlington, Washington
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The hotel requires you leave your keys at the front desk when you leave the hotel. Not good because they know your gone. While I was gone, one of their employees rifled through my stuff and stole my Bose noise cancelling headset which also had my ufly mic in the case along with my ipod. This was in my carryon bag at the bottom. I emailed the hotel when I got home as it was my first flight when I discovered it was missing and the only place my bag was not attended by me was at Hotel Hastal. I sent the hotel an email about what was stolen and they did not bother to email me back. As an airline captain for almost 30 years I have never had my headset stolen much less anything else. But, I must say I do not stay in hotels where you leave the key with the front desk basically telling employees when you are gone. Just a warning I would look else where for a hotel, this one has an employee with sticky fingers.

3 Thank Tammy b
Let me take this opportunity to thank you for your stay at Hotel Hastal. I´d like to thank you for your honest and serious feedback sharing with us your very detailed personal experiences. It is disturbing to hear about your concrete disappointments and I am truly sorry for the fact that you were not feeling valued and appreciated. I am sorry that it took us longer than you expected to react to your complaint but we started investigating the issue of your lost personal items immediately. Unfortunately I cannot turn back the time and correct the past however I would like to assure you that this kind of experience does not reflect on our usual service and there has never been anything stolen from the hotel room in our history. There no door cards in our hotel but I´d like to point out that door keys system is quite common in European hotels and keys are kept at reception for safety reasons. There are also safes in all hotel rooms plus one safe at the reception for our guests to use for their valuable things for free. I am deeply sorry that we were not able to find you lost personal items and that we were not able to reach agreement as to where these were stolen because there is no clear evidence that our staff had stolen any of the items since you found out about the loss only after you had returned home. Nevertheless we do hope having a chance welcoming you back to our family hotel in the future to show to you our commitment. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly during your next time in Prague and we will do our best to make your stay much more enjoyable.
Please accept my apology once again
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We were looking for a small hotel close to the center of town with "old world character". this hotel was a find on the internet and we were concerned as to sight unseen because we have been unhapply with some internet hotels upon arrival. But to our joy this hotel is a charmer as my wife said. lovely room with a very good breakfast and a sort walk to the center of town. It is quite and the bed was very good. I have hip problems so hard beds are not good. This bed was perfect for a good nights sleep. The staff was extremely helpful and arranged for us to get transportation back to the train station. The staff provided excelllent directions for all our activites including perfect directions for getting to the hotel for our arrival.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple