“dissapointed”

Ranked #62 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Cottingham, United Kingdom
“dissapointed”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I must say how dissapointed i was staying at this hotel,we were there last week
and after looking at their website i thought i was in the wrong place.The so called room as that is all you could call it was nothing like the photo on the website,no evening meals,the shower gel was a tiny sachet that only lasted once and we didn't get left any more we had to ask.The bedroom,well if we had died all the y would've needed to do was just to fit the room with handles and bury us in it,One night we were really late back 10.30pm and the place was locked and we had to knock and the gfirl on reception came and let us in with a face that was tripping her she was not friendly at all.It was about 6 mins walk to the square and a lot longer than 3mins to9 jewish quarter we took a tram.I love Prague and will go back but not to this hotel.Just ne more thing swimming pool and fitness centre well i don't know where they kept them we didn't see them.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank GoonerJan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Pa
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Hotel Hastal is a convenient and comfortable hotel. Small hotel with a restaurant close to Old Town Square. The hotel staff is friendly and extremely helpful. I would definitely stay here again.
Rooms are clean and quiet. WiFi service is free. Food is delicious in the small restaurant.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lovetotravel925
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The moment I entered the hotel, I knew that this was the best place to be. Upon arrival I was greeted by Eva, a kind woman with a welcoming smile with great tips on the tram and travel. Later that evening I met Steve, owner of the pub and his dog Mattie. They rock. Leaving the cafe I met Tomas at the front desk. He was most accommodating, and went above and beyond in helping with our travel arrangements. My first time in Europe and I feel like friends to all I met. Good food, Good laughs, lots to see and great people. Praha you stole my heart. Looking forward to returning one day. Thank each and everyone at Hotel Hastel for making my stay the best. Warm Regards, Linda Hubbard USA

Room Tip: Best location - near Old Town.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
saint paul, minnesota
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Small, family run hotel off the main tourist route (which we preferred). Modest, clean, well managed, reasonably priced, quiet. Great location in Old Town. Helpful front desk and very professional contract taxi driver.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We booked this hotel based on tripadvisor reviews, and it's location within a couple minutes' walk of the Old Town Square. We weren't disappointed.
As we pulled up to the hotel in our ride from airport, all we saw was green netting and scaffolding - they are obviously taking advantage of the off-season to spiff up it's exterior. We were concerned that this would obscure our 'dramatic view' from our 'comfort room'. However, we were on the 6th floor, in a room with gable windows right under the roof. If I stood next to the window, and peered out the bottom, I could see the spires of the nearby church - not much of a view, but we spent so little time in the room, it didn't matter. As a matter of fact, more than once those spires were a landmark to find the hotel as we got a little lost walking back from the Old Town Square late in the evening.
We were there four nights, left the hotel by 9am, and weren't back until after 9 every evening, and my daughter and I felt perfectly safe finding our way back every night.
It was quiet at night - except for once or twice the guests in the next room knocked on their door, or fumbled their key, it sounded like they were trying to get in our room!
The room was clean, as was the bathroom with shower only. I think the only housekeeping during our stay was a quick straightening of the duvets. The bathroom wasn't touched, and we had to ask for clean towels on the second day. After that we were more careful to hang up our towels!
The breakfast was neither the best, nor the worst we have experienced in a European hotel. I noticed a few people taking advantage of the bottle of champagne include to make themselves mimosas!
On the whole, the hotel suited perfectly our needs for our stay in Prague - clean and quiet, and location, location, LOCATION!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I chosed this hotel because of its location and value. Nice small hotel, friendly staff. The buffet breakfast was OK, but sometimes cold. Not enough tables and sometimes we had to wait for other people to finish, Rooms are plain but the bathroom is good. The bed was too hard, like sleeping on the floor.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The location of Hotel Hastal couldn't be better: minutes from Old Town Square and Josefov and convenient for Charles Bridge and New Town too it was the perfect base for us to explore Prague, and for the price we paid we weren't expecting luxury.

The room was small but pretty, with a nice view over the picturesque rooftops of Old Town and a number of Mucha prints on the walls. I wasn't expecting to complain about being too warm in November but weather that week was very mild... and the room warmed up quickly and became stuffy, and we had no apparent control over the heating or air conditioning (in fact, there was a note on the wall instructing guests to call reception to change either! There's also a thick manual of guests' duties, from not moving furniture to not using their own electrical items, but I digress...). The TV couldn't be made to work no matter what we did with it, but we were on holiday - watching TV wasn't top of our list of priorities.

Breakfast is basic but OK - but with a huge variety of cafes just around the corner, we wouldn't have eaten in the hotel much anyway.

We were, however, expecting a double bed. Admittedly, we didn't complain about this: as a same sex couple in a city we'd never visited we were wary of doing so, not knowing what sort of response we'd get. In the end, it was actually for the best as we found the foam mattresses so hard that there was a lot of tossing and turning and at least in separate beds we didn't disturb each other. Apart from the bed situation, the only real concern was the luggage room, which we used on the last day: it's kept unlocked, and we were just allowed to stroll in and out to drop and collect our suitcases, which didn't strike me as particularly secure.

Despite these complaints we had a really pleasant stay at Hotel Hastal, and for the price I don't think we could have found anywhere better. If I was in Prague again with the same budget I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple