“A lovely friendly family run hotel in a quiet square,very near to old town square”

Hotel Hastal Prague Old Town
Ranked #61 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed March 25, 2011

The friendly welcome from the owner of the Hotel, helped by the complimentary glass of wine, was a first class way to start our stay in Prague. The room was lovely and overlooked the quiet square and church,the whole hotel was warm and inviting, with a plentiful breakfast. The rest of the staff were as equally as friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The hotel is very near the Old town square but in very quiet position. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank LIZ147
There are newer reviews for Hotel Hastal Prague Old Town

Reviewed March 19, 2011

I stayed in Hastal back in 2009. I was asked to organise a weekend party for my work colleagues and I rather than going for the typical Stag-like itinerary, we opted for a more sophisticated programme without the huge price tag. Coming back to Hastal was strange, I was hoping that nothing had changed as I have enojoyed so much the last time round. But now the hotel has 4* and price is still very competitive, the rooms are clean, comfortable and the management very friendly. The addition of a safe, minibar and room service is great. I am pleased to say that there has not been a huge change, it still feel like a small family run hotel in the heart of Europe. I was glad and my friends loved it too.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lukas P
Reviewed March 13, 2011

I booked this hotel using a well-known room booking website and was very pleased with the result. The staff had noted my "special request" of a quiet room facing the front of the hotel and were very friendly and pleasant when we arrived.
The ideal location and value for money have all been mentioned in previous reviews but I'd just like to add how helpful the staff were. During our stay, we wanted to visit Prague Zoo but were unsure how long it would take to walk ( we were on our 4th day by now and fairly confident we could tackle anything! ). We were advised not only that it was too far to tackle on foot but were given print-outs of the trams and buses we would need, where to get tickets, the location of the stops etc etc. The gentleman on reception didn't need to do any of this but went out of his way to help and assist us.
Rooms were cleaned every day, there was no traffic noise, the continental breakfasts were more than adequate and I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sue J
Reviewed February 21, 2011

I really liked my staying in Hastal Hotel: it was clean, cosy and comfortable, close to the centre of the city in a quiet area; the price was fair and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I'll definetely recommend it and I'm sure I'll choose it again if I ever come back to Prague!

Marinella, Italy

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank marinella-27
Reviewed February 17, 2011

Warmly welcomed by Tom - all staff very helpful and kind.
Perfect location - in a pleasant, quiet area and yet within easy walking distance of the main town.
Lovely breakfast and clean, comfortable room.
What more would we want for a super city break.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank DevonEsme
Reviewed February 9, 2011

We stayed at the Hotel Hastal for a quick weekend trip to Prague. The location was great, located right off a quiet street near the main square in the old town centre. Our room also had a lovely view of a church. The decor of the room was outdated and the bath towels were very small for a four star accomodation, however the rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable.

The breakfast was decent and we also received a voucher for a free drink at the hotel bar upon check-in. I know we were there during low tourist season, but we found the hotel great value for money, especially since breakfast and a drink are included. The receptionist was also extremely friendly and made our stay very pleasant-the hotel is quite lucky to have him!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cathy0704
Reviewed February 8, 2011

Hotel is very good located - near all major attractions and has very stylish design. Staff on reception is friendly and helpful.
We stayed there 2 times.First time we 've got very small room (suppose it was double instead of double comfort),next time room was bigger and more comfortable. But all rooms have very bad soundproofing - you hear your neighbors especially sounds from bathroom and very uncomfortable mattresses -thin and tough .
Breakfast is very basic. There is bottle of sparkly wine, but no fresh fruits! And staff in breakfast room is very unfriendly.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family