“Great Stay”

Hotel Augustus et Otto
Ranked #311 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Big rooms friendly stuff great breakfast! Quite place away from the crowds! Just 20 mins away from city centre and very close to the tram i will for sure be back to this hotel!
They also change euro to crowns and the rate is way better than the aiport!
I was on room 37 and it was esplendid no doubt! Great choice while in Prague

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Hotel Augustus et Otto is very nice. I got a big room with two beds and a sofa, tha bathroom was also very nice. Internet worked well. It is very close to Vltava river and to one of its bridges. Shopping centre Novy Smichov and metro station Andel are also very close. Unfortunately breakfast was from 7:30 a.m., so it was impossible for me to try it:)

Room Tip: Superior room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RadovanDavid
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We liked the location of this hotel: walkable and lots of trams to the main attractions, quiet in a side street but near shops too. The twin room was clean, not very big but enough for two. The bed was comfortable, not too hard and the bedding was good. When I requested an extra pillow I got a contour neck pillow which was what I normally use. So that was a pleasant surprise. Bathroom was big and shower powerful. Great.

The staff was very polite and helpful. The cost of our stay was very agreeable.

The breakfast was ok. I don't think it was that fantastic but it was not bad. If only there was blackout curtains to block out the early morning light it would have been prefect.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank loveengland1
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I'm moving to Prague after my first visit there because I fell in love with that city. And my first stay was at hotel Otto. Nothing luxurious, I'd say, but it's worth it. It's a nice family hotel situated in a calm part of Prague. Pros :
-two large shopping centers are located nearby.
-the breakfasts were really good, I loved that there were always some hot dishes.
Cons:
-we had guided tours and it was pretty difficult to walk 40 mins to the Old Town every day.

I'd definitely pay them a visit once again.

2  Thank anyaschwed
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I booked a few nights in Prague for my wife and I and found this hotel to be one of the cheapest on offer. I must have really struck lucky with the price as the room including breakfast was amazingly good value. Our room was fairly basic but clean and in good order. Breakfast was really good, staff polite and friendly and the hotel location is great being very close to the river.
I would definately use this hotel again and would happily recommend to friends or family.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave R
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Originally we had booked the BnB on the bridge, and were sent here because of ongoing construction. The room was nice, staff were helpful and breakfast was nice and plentiful. My only gripe, was that at 7am every morning there was construction work going on to the point where the walls were shaking. Unfortunately the hotel was full and we werent able to moved to another room. If it hadnt been for that, I would have rated this hotel excellent.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Shaun C
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Cannot fault our stay. Rooms were really nice, staff excellent and very helpful, breakfast brilliant. Choice of 'Full English' or cheese and ham omelette, freshly cooked, plus the usual, and some very yummy cakes. Situated in a very quiet street close to the river and about 5 minutes walk from Andel tram and Metro. £140 for two rooms for 3 nights, absolute bargain.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends