“Beware! And don't risk going there!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Prague
A1 Hotel and Hostel Prague
Ranked #267 of 358 Prague B&B and Inns
“Beware! And don't risk going there!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

When I asked about a room by email, I received very polite answer along with a photo of a surprisingly nice looking room with private bathroom, which I could rent. And so I did, booked the very room from the photo. Unfortunately on site I was told there was no booking for my name at all. After a call to the manager it was found but I was told that the room is no longer available anyway (sic!) and I can get another one for the same price (no bathroom though). There was no choice - I wouldn't find any other place to sleep so easily... So it would all be good if the second room looked like the photo of the first one. It wouldn't even recall it. First of all:

It was so dirty.

I would have never came there if I had known about it.
I asked for a additional cleaning, but after (!) cleaning there still were some used tissues and candies under my bed. Dust everywhere. And all I could smell was chlorine. And the worst thing was that my bed clothing smelt of fungus... So I had to sleep with my girlfriend on one bed (her bedding was ok). I normally wouldn't mind it obviously, but sleeping together on one small bed with one quilt is just not comfortable.
And unfortunately shared kitchenette and bathroom were not clean neither. What a surprise.

So in the end I managed to get some money back (40CZK/person/night), but is this worth having nice weekend ruined? I don't think so.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Aleksander H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Debrecen, Hungary
Reviewed September 6, 2011

A1 Hotel is located in the relative outskirts of prague but transport is convenient. It is named as a hostel but it also comes with many en suide rooms located inside a garden. Price is reasonable. Service is also o.k., however, I had to manually adjust the heating to work.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Andr J
Italy
Reviewed July 8, 2009

I came to Prague for a summer school a week before it started and I needed place to stay. I was looking for some cheep and clean place and I found this hotel not far from the center and yet for reasonable price. It was my first time in Prague and so I really appreciated help from receptionist, who gave me useful information and helped me to get oriented. They use nice way to inform guests about what is going on in Prague recently (funny noticeboard with today tips and recommendations). I decided I should recommend this place to other students as well, becouse I was warned about price and level of Prague accommodation before my journey to Czech - and in this case I was nicely surprised.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank MiaFarina
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed June 26, 2009

It was a pleasant stay in A1 hotel. I liked the possibility to borrow grill and sit on the terrace after work.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Heidelberg
Reviewed March 18, 2008

Myself and two friends stayed here for one night in March 2008. We randomly asked a tourist location in the middle of town and picked this hostel as it was the cheapest. We paid 12 euros each for the night for our three bedroom. We had access to a kitchen and bathrooms/showers just down the hall. Everything I saw was pretty clean, just an average hostel!

The free internet was nice and the receptionist was friendly. I would consider staying here if I go back for sure! We really enjoyed our stay and for the price I was very pleased!

It is just up the hill from a metro stop and is well located as far as that goes!

• Liked — Internet and it was pretty clean
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Mosocw
Reviewed January 25, 2006

Located at the very edge of city centre (last 19 century building just before a big highway junction and a railway bridge (although this is only some 15-20 min to the hystorical centre by tram or metro). We stayed in a double room on the 5th floor (no elevator) just under the roof. In the winter it was okay, however must be very bad in the summer, because you would have to open the windows and enjoy all the noise from the rail road and trafic of the ather big Sokolovska street. They also have some rooms in the yard, for the summer this must be better. Very small towels, thin blankets, poor quality linen -- nothing awfuly bad, though, but small disappointing details. I stayed there with my girlfriend, and when we moved the beds together, there still was a 10 cm wooden board in between of us. However, really friendly staff, clean, free internet access, lot of caffes and bars in the neighborhood. Go there if you do not have better choices -- it's okay.

• Stayed January 2006
5 Thank sbouriak

Travelers are raving about these Prague hotels