“DO NOT GO HERE WHATSOEVER!!!!”

Hostel 5 - Plzenska
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Prague
Hostel 5 - Plzenska
Ranked #523 of 701 Specialty Lodging in Prague
Reviewed September 20, 2010

I only got back yesterday from travelling around Europe and this was the only hostel that I would warn people not to stay at. I was travelling with a friend and had prebooked this hostel in advance as the pictures looked okay for the price. However the reality was completely different. The hostel is situated right next to a derilict building with broken windows and the staff did not even speak English!! However we decided to give it the benefit of the doubt and tried to make the most of it. The first night we were there we locked the door and noticed during the night what looked like someone trying to open our door. The next night my friend and I went out on a night out came back and went to sleep and mistakenly forgot to lock the door. The next morning we found that someone had been in our room whilst we were asleep and had stolen all of our money, cameras, debit cards, and even our mobile phones. We reported the incident to the staff but they did not even bother to help us!!! We had to stay in the room one more night before leaving and my friend and I did not feel safe sleeping in that hostel knowing that someone had been in our room. Our passports did not get taken as we had locked them in our cases otherwise im sure these would have stolen aswell. Please do not stay here it is not a safe place to stay in and the staff will not help you.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vicky2234
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Just got back from travelling around Europe. Visited Bratislava / Rome + Krakow too, where Vicky my partner and I stayed in fantastic hostels. Here however, was an absolute disaster.

Second night when asleep, someone broke into our room and nicked my wallet / jeans / her mobile + my camera. As this was only our second night away, this completely ruined Prague for us. The staff don't really speak any English, and weren't helpful at all when I informed them of what had happened.

The doors barely fit the doors properly, and would be very easy to break into. Its not safe at all. When we were outside, I couldn't believe what I'd let myself in for. This place really is hell, and I wouldn't advise anyone stay here. Although cheap at £5.50 a night ( this is why we picked it ) I really would advise all to AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

The only 2 positives, is there is a number 9 tram 100 metres down the road which goes to the city centre, and the staff let us phone England on their phone to cancel Vicky's phone contract and block my bankcard without charging us.

Please all, avoid. Places like this shouldn't be allowed to operate, frankly appalling.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I stayed in Hostel 5 in summer 2008 with my 6 friends just one night and I should tell you - this was the most expensive stay in our life. It cost us 3500 Euro and 4 passports.
At night when we slept someone stole our 2 handbags with IDs, passports, airplane tickets, some golden and silver rings (from the girl who was with us). Our fault was that we didn't lock the door. but we couldn't even imagine that someone could steal our bags right from the room!!!
The bad things didn't stop at that. We were shocked by the reaction of the manager and owner of the Hostel. They really just laughed at us. The owner didn't want to speak to us - he didn't speak English or Russian (as manager said).
We had to spend 2 more days in Prague to make new ID in Russian Abbassy. The manager said they would give us the room for free, bur in the evening when we came to stay another night this young man just kicked us away - they sold our room to some nice German guys. Those Germans payed for the room, but when they learned that we had no money and no place to stay, they suggested that we stay in their room for free. But we were so much embarrsed and shock by the Hostel managers and decided after all spend a night on the street instead.
So, it's clear, I would not recommend even walk near this place.
As for the Hostel itself: its filthy, dirty and just ugly.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 20, 2009

I wish I could take some pictures and post it....The hostel is connected to another abandoned building which is about to fall down. The entrance is especially creepy when you go there at night. I lived in Prague for 6 years and believe me this is the creepiest place I've seen!!! I just wanted to enjoy last days of my girlfriend's visit but we had to cancel it, 'cause the place made us wanna cry:-( Then the next day we got incredible hotel for just $10 more in the historical centre of Prague! I can't recommend this hostel at all, it's very,very overpriced considering that for almost the same price you can get great comfort and even better location!!!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2007

ok went to this place for 6 nights with my gf and at the beginning we didnt like first starting with the dodgy entrance and the small rooms but then we started enjoying the place. we were on the 3rd floor so everyday was many stairs to walk. best thing is the location. very good location 10/15mins from mustek by tram u also have underground station 10mins away. nice area with lots of places to eat and go out. there is a huge shopping centre with big tesco supermarket, bowling, etc.
we booked via email and pay on arrival day.
the rooms had a big wardrobe and a desk. u have cheap internet and cheap drinks at the hostel and pavel the guy that works there was very helpful and friendly!
will definitely go there again and recommend this place if you're short of money like us and want to be on the centre with minimum conditions.
helio.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank heliorodrigues