“Very good three star hotel in the center of Prague”
Review of Beranek

Beranek
Ranked #298 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Very good three star hotel in the center of Prague, walking distance to the Venceslas Square and two metro stations to the Old Town. The staff was very polite and helpful and the room very clean and large. The first floor room we stayed was faced to the street and with an open window the noise can be a little loud, but for a tyred traveller is ok, not to mention that the room have A/C and you don't need to keep the window open. The breakfast was ok, also the underground garage where our car was in fully safety (the parking space is not free, it cost 12 EUR/night and must be booked in advance).
Over all a very good value for the money and an excellent place to stay for discover the wonderful Golden City.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bucho_H

Reviewed August 2, 2010

Arrived in Prague via Glasgow then Heathrow, it was late so decided to get a taxi (£20) although this hotel is very central and can be reached easily from the train station where the bus(£0.80) drops you off, anyway arrived at 10 pm and was warmly greeted by the person on reception instruction was clear and we quickly found our room. The room was clean and had satalite television, although no tea and coffee facilities it did most importantly have a comfortable bed, the toilet/shower room was clean tidy and fresh. Breakfast is of the continental variety with cereal, bread, boiled eggs, bacon coffee, tea and juices. All in my wife and I enjoyed our stay and would love to return one day, the hotel is hard to beat for location and well serviced for public transport although a short walk gets you to all the tourist locations.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ColonelShug
Reviewed July 24, 2010

The pluses are its a very good location and very close to the I.P.Pavlova train station & tram station - just 2 stops from Hlavni Nadrazi. We stayed on the 3rd floor. Our 1st impression was poor. The hallways had pretty run down carpet and the doors have physical locks with big keys which you turn them in when you leave out. There is a safe to rent for an Euro. Close to the city center and all the sightss. Price includes breakfast which is very good.

So if you are not big on amenities, I would recommend this hotel. We felt safe. Make sure you ask for daily maid service - we stayed there for 4 nights and the maid did not clean the room the 1st day. I would have picked a "Maybe" for recommendation. It is definitely equivalent to a "Motel" by American standards.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Srini V
Reviewed June 24, 2010

I booked Hotel Beranek (9 nights) primarily for the location and the price. I liked the location as it is a 5 minute walk from Wenceslas Square and is very close to the I.P. Pavlova subway station as well as the 22 tram, which gets you to the center of Prague and beyond. By the way, taking the 22 or 24 tram is cheap and a great way to see the city. I was able to check-in around 1:00 p.m. even though check-in was not until 4:00 p.m. and no line up. The room was perfect for 1. It had one twin bed, a couch, two wardrobes, a desk and a nightable, along with a small fridge and a safe. I have stayed in other hotels, more expensive, more luxurious and they did not have as much storage as this room. The TV wasn't the greatest, 1 german channel, 1 french, 2 czech and CNN. The bathroom was fine (good water pressure), a shower, not a tub (which was fine with me), a towel rack that was heated at night, but not controlled by you. There was a hair dryer, and a shower gel and soap, no shampoo (so make sure you bring your own). The street is a little busy, but my room was at the back, and I did not hear any noise at all (the air conditioner was on, so that may have helped).

Breakfast was included in the price (served from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.) and I thought it was plentiful, certainly enough to get you going for the day. The hotel staff was pleasant, except for one (blond) gentleman, who seemed to be on duty in the afternoon until around 8:00ish. I blew a fuse in my room, and when I called reception, someone was up in 2 minutes. There is no room service, no pool, no fitness centre, but for me that did not matter. It is a small, basic hotel and I liked it. Next time I travel to Prague I will definitely stay at Beranek.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 22, 2010

Pretty centrally located, everything is easily accessible from the Hotel. Saff, cleanliness is ok, breakfast was also enjoyable. Really loved the spacious rooms but the room doors didn't "lock all the noise out" and missed the kettle too. Perfect place to stay during your city trip as the absolutely confy mattress would "make your dreams come true"! Reasonable price for a 3 star accomodation in a Eurpean capital.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2010

We've stayed at the Beranek hotel for 5 nights. The hotel is very close to the city center near the Pavlova metro station (5-10 minutes by metro / 20 minutes walking). The room was clean, large and very nice. We had the towels changed every day and the sheets once in 5 nights. The breakfast was basic (cheese, ham, cereals, yogurt, hot vegetables) but good. The only minus for this hotel would be the noise. We had a room that had the view on the main street and we could hear the trams in the nights when sleeping with the window open. Also the ventilation from the room was noisy so we preferred to sleep with the window open.
I would recommend this hotel - very good balance between what they offer and the price.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2010

Very good value for the money paid- big room, clean, the staff was friendly, warm, good breakfast.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple