“Surprising Gem behind nondescript facade”
Review of Legie

Legie
Ranked #446 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
“Surprising Gem behind nondescript facade”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have just spent the first of 12 nights at Hotel Legie in Prague last night. My room on the 8th floor is fabulous; newly renovated, clean, functional and very user-friendly. Quite a surprise after taking the small dodgy lift up there. I have a feeling this is how the city will be; full of delightful surprises. From the restaurant this morning I watch cars sailing past with snow on their roofs. The staff behind the reception desk are friendly and helpful. The hotel is unbelievably central and a short, straight walk to the Old Town.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, but it seems like being higher up is better, although the lift is weird, slow an...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Warsaw, Warszawa, Poland
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I visited this hotel 6 months ago. It was realy cheap because I bought it on groupon ;)
Room was clean, they geave us (me and my girlfriend) a bottle of wine, receptionist was helpful, free Wi-Fi, really close to city centre, good breakfasts and suppers - fresh food in clean restaurant.
It's not super modern hotel but in my opinion it's enough if you're not looking for 5* hotels. For that price very good :)
bad thing is very old elevator - frightful.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mateusz S
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Its everything you need when holidaying on a budget! Spend your money in the beautiful city of Prague and stay in this hotel. the staff are nice and its only ten mins to the old town!! Thumbs up from me and my partner

• Stayed October 2011
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2011

have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Hotel Legie. I would say it is an adequate 3 star. From what I read about the appearance of the hotel I have to say I was a little bit dubious but it actually was okay - the hotel was clean, receptionist really friendly and helped us out with so much information and the rooms were clean and much nicer than i had expected them to be. We didnt try the breakfast so cannot comment. The hotel is in a great great location. we didnt use any public transport at all during our stay and managed to get everywhere to see on foot. Wenceslas Square - 7 mins, Old town 15 mins and Charles Bridge was about 20 mins walk. there are some great little bars in old town - we loved bombay bar and M1 Lounge which were just outside the old town square. we paid 30GBP per night in the Legie and for that price I was not expecting anything like what we got - cannot fault the hotel it definately served its purpose for the duration of our stay - if staying for much longer you may want to pay for a hotel with more facilities but for a short break and somewhere you plan only really to sleep at night its perfect. would certainly stay there again and definately recommend to friends!! oh and the road is busy but not actually as noisy as mentioned before!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank emma g
Reviewed October 9, 2011

We stayed at the Hotel Legie for 8 days in 2011. Initially I was a bit put off by the industrial-style appearance and the dormitory look to the lounge. However, they offer a filling breakfast buffet that would please most diets and the employees are friendly and helpful. The hotel is right beside the I. P. Pavlova metro stop and is a short walk to the old town.

• Stayed October 2011
Westchester County, NY
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Across the street from the subway and walking distance to shops, restaurants and tourist areas.The hotel itself looked like an old communist buidling-very blah and institutional. Not as clean and updated as other basic hotels in Europe, but it had all the necessities. The elevator fits 3-4 people tops and is quite scary and sloooow. The food was terrible. I loved Prague but unless they renovate I would definitely stay elsewhere in the same area if I ever go back.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2011

The hotel is situated 100 meters to the subway station I.P. Pavlova - good, but on the cross of two big roads with a lot of cars... There aren't air conditionres in the rooms, so you should always keep windows opened and "enjoy" noise... :-( Also hairdryer is on reception only.

• Stayed May 2011