“Great location and value”

Hotel Caesar Prague
Ranked #189 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I stayed for 6 nights at Hotel Caesar and I would stay there again, mostly because I got a really excellent room rate. My trip to Prague was my first trip overseas (I am from Canada), and I had some difficulty with foreign food and lifestyle. The breakfast does have a lot of choice, yes, but overall, I could not eat much of it. Breakfast in Prague is more like supper or lunch in Canada, serving deli meats, salad, cooked vegetables and dessert pastries. I'm sure all of this was very tasty, but it's not the kind of thing that I could eat first thing in the morning, especially since I was already feeling quite ill from jetlag. By the end of my stay, the only thing I could stand at breakfast was toast with jam, something I would never eat for breakfast at home. I don't think that this is the fault of the hotel; it just wasn't the kind of food that I was expecting to be served at breakfast. Another minor problem is that people can smoke in the lobby outside the bar (which everyone has to walk through to leave the hotel and is right around the corner from the breakfast room). This is pretty usual for Prague since people seem to be able to smoke anywhere, but is very different from Canada where we have laws that restrict anyone from smoking indoors. I am a non-smoker, and since I was ill most of the time, I was particularly sensitive to the smoke. My room was non-smoking, but when I returned from a day of sightseeing, it smelt mildly of smoke. The tiles made for a particularly noisy and somewhat chilly stay. I often slept with earplugs in and next time I visit, I will bring slippers for in the hotel room. I also brought my pillow from home, which I would absolutely recommend to anyone staying here - the pillows are very hard. Aside from those things, this was a pretty great place to stay. It's right by the river, which makes it easy to find your way back to the hotel after touring around. Since it's close to almost everything, I walked everywhere while I was there. The rooms are really big and have nice facilities in them. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and spoke English well. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, like me, ask for a room facing the back and away from the elevator. Also...
Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Gabrielle_Cricket
CSPman, Manager at Hotel Caesar Prague, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay in Hotel Caesar Prague. We are very gratefull for your positive comments. We're glad you enjoyed the good location of the hotel.
In our republic is still allowed to smoke in restaurant and bars.
We hope that in future you use our services again.
We are looking forward to welcome you again.
With Best Regards,
Zuzana Hlaváčová

Write a ReviewReviews (1,348)

Reviewed November 14, 2011

Stayed here for the second time in a few years.Nice rooms , clean , helpfull staff , nice breakfast and good location.What more can you ask for? Corridors are tiled and not carpeted so can be a bit noisy , but apart from this, will certainly go back

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
CSPman, Manager at Hotel Caesar Prague, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay with us. We are very grateful for your positive comments.
We would be more than happy if we have a chance serving you again,for the third time, in the future.
With Best Regards,

Reviewed November 11, 2011

I can honestly say I enjoyed my stay in the Hotel Caesar.
It is ideally placed for tourist attractions, well within walking distance; it has bars, cafes and restaurants in close proximity; the staff are all very friendly and helpful without exception; the breakfast is very pleasing, with a good selection of food and plenty of free tables for seating.
The booking in and out process is simple and quick, and the reception staff are more than happy to help with all queries.
The rooms are clean, comfortable and basic. The beds are firm, which for me meant a very good night's sleep!
My only minor criticism was that I expected a free transfer back to the airport as the hotel website advertised an airport 'shuttle', which by definition should be 'back and forth' from one place to another. I think the description on the website should state 'pick up from the airport to hotel'. The quoted price of a transfer from the hotel back to the airport was above 600Ck (I actually used a 90 min public transport ticket to use the Metro and bus to the airport for 32Ck (just over £1)).
That said, I would definitely use Hotel Caesar once again, if/when I visit this beautiful city once more.
Many thanks to the hotel staff for their courtesy, hospitality and professionalism.......

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank DavSAW

Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel Caesar and the time devoted to your review.
We are sorry for misunderstanding with our pick up from airport,in our web is information about
FREE SHUTTLE BUS FROM THE AIRPORT .
We are very gratefull for your positive comments and hope to have a chance to welcome you back.
We are looking forward to your next visit
With best regards

Reviewed November 8, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for four nights. We got the room through a special offer on booking.com so thought it was very good value for money. Our room on the fourth floor spacious and quiet. We had a peaceful night's sleep every night although we did request a quiet room when booking. The staff were friendly and helpful answering questions we had about tours, restaurants, directions etc. We found the location of the hotel great. Only took us about 15 minutes to get to King Charles bridge, old town square and Wenceslas square. Breakfast was ok, good choice of teas, coffee and juices. Cereals, fruit and fresh pastries also available. Just be aware that some choices are a bit odd for British tastes. I thought I was helping myself to lychees as there was a big bowel of them next to a mixed fruit salad, only to find that they were pickled onions. Also, there is always plenty of broccoli, sweetcorn, carrots and other vegetables to munch alongside your scrambled egg and mini hotdogs. Having said that, we always found plenty to eat, and as it was included in the price of the hotel we thought it was fine.

Overall a great stay in an amazing City!

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank JoandBarry

Dear Madam/Sir,
Thank you for staying at our hotel Caesar during your visit in our city and for writing such a nice review about your stay.It is very nice for us to read reviews like yours. Thank you very much for your stay and I hope to see you back soon.
With Best Wishes from Prague,

Reviewed November 1, 2011

My wife, Son and I shared a family room for 5 nights, it was huge with 2 double beds, and a fridge and a lovely finish to the room and en suite. The breakfast was also good with lots of choices and the hotel had some great bars and restaurants nearby to try in the evening. We will return as we loved prague so much.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank sean_iow
CSPman, Front Office Manager at Hotel Caesar Prague, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2011

Dear Madam/Sir,
Thank you very much for your stay and review on TripAdvisor. We do appreciate it very much. We're glad you enjoyed the good location of the hotel,your room and our services. We hope that in future you use our services again.
We are looking forward to your next visit.
With best regards,

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Good location, public transport connection, friendly staff, clean, free Internet,great breakfast. Free shuttle airport connection.
A pleasure to stay.
Recommended.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank stephjack

Dear Sir/Madam,,
thank you very much for staying at Roma Hotel Prague and posting this positive comment.
I was delighted to read your comments, thank you very much. I am glad, that you were happy with our facilities and location.
I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
With best wishes,

Reviewed October 26, 2011

Very nicely decorated hotel and good value for your money. Front desk staff are very helpful and pleasant.

Our room had two joined twin beds and we didn't realize until the last day that had we asked, we could have been moved to a room with a king size bed which would have enhanced our sleeping comfort. Our fault for not asking.

As mentioned in other reviews the breakfast is good and has a lot of variety.

The location is ideal in that the streetcar stop is very near and if you are a walker, you can reach all the major sites in Prague within 20-30 minutes. Of the four properties owned by this chain (Prague Hotels) this is the best location.

Will definitely recommend this hotel to any friends planning trips to Prague.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room because the street car runs on the street in front of the hotel ad it can be no...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HMCanuck
CSPman, Front Office Manager at Hotel Caesar Prague, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your stay and review on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate it. We are glad you enjoyed the good location of the hotel, the helpful staff and good breakfast.
We hope that in future you use our services again.
We are looking forward to your next visit.
With best wishes,