“It was a good surprise. Good value for money”
Review of EA Hotel Rokoko

EA Hotel Rokoko
Ranked #136 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Madrid, Spain
“It was a good surprise. Good value for money”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Bed: nice, a bit soft. Pillows ok
Cleanliness: it was spotless
Heating & hot water pressure: very nice
Location: awesome!
Wi fi: working good
Service: good
Dont let the look of the reception area fool you: when we first arrived, i was dissapointed because the eeception area looks bad; as soon as i got upstairs i changed my mind. The hotel is not new, however they still manage to keep it looking good. Big spacious room, nice smell in it, big armchairs, nice size of bathroom, it was refurbished. Nice towels.
Awesome breakfast!!
I would come back, very good value for money.

Rokoko-director, Manager at EA Hotel Rokoko, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your positive review of your stay in Rokoko - it is a first one in 2013 and I hope we will recieve only good ones like yours this year (maybe more 5/5 points :-))

I am glad that you were surprised. It is right that the reception area is small and tiny but I still remeber one comment from one of the previous guests - you are not in the hotel to sleep at the reception so I think it is not a big problem. Importatnt thing is that the reception staff is trained to fulfill all your requests and I am proud of them.

Hotel was opened in the year 2006 and as you mentioned we still manage to keep it looking good. From March to June we will change all the TVs - there will be only LCD and we would like to make an A/C in all the rooms. So I hope when you will come back to us, there will be lot of changes here.

Once again thank you very much for taking time to write your feedback and wishes you all the best in the year 2013. Looking forward to your next stay with us.

Sincerely

Hotel director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
bradford w. yorkshire
Reviewed December 18, 2012

The Rokoko has a very good location in the centre of prague, ideal for sightseeing.
It is very clean rooms tidied, and clean towels everyday. Also a bonus is that you have access to a free safe in your room, we have always had to pay extra in hotels for this service.The only downside we had was that the hot breakfast food was not very tempting, mixed veg, broccolli, green beans & mashed potatoes! They had eggs but we couldnt eat them as they were cold & didnt look very appertising. The cold selection was fine but a shame we couldnt eat the hot food.
The staff were very pleasant & helpful, we would definitely stay at the Rokoko again as its very good value for money

Room Tip: Take a room on the 5th floor overlooking Wenceslas Square its high enough to avoid the noise and lo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Rokoko-director, Manager at EA Hotel Rokoko, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

let me thank you for taking a time to write your feedback on Tripadvisor pages. I do appologize for the temperature of the eggs, definitely it is for me a valuable impuls what improve on breakfast. I would like to assure you that when you will come to Rokoko back it everything will be perfect and your second review about your stay with us will be 5/5 points.

Me and the staff of the hotel wishes you Merry Christmas and all the best in the year 2013.

Sincerely

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed in the hotel Rokoko last week and we were very happy with the hotel. Our room was a nice size and in a very good central location. We had requested a quite room to the back but had a room at the front on to the square, we didn't find it too noisy though and its quite nice too look out on to the square. The hotel is very clean and continental breakfast is included. The staff were friendly and helpful. We would definitely recommend the hotel to friends based on the location and the reasonable price of the hotel. Wenceslas square does get a bit seedier at night but we didn't feel unsafe as there are so many tourists around and you are a 10 minute walk from old town square. One thing not related to the hotel is to be aware of the taxi drivers! We got seriously ripped off, not realising this is a very common problem in Prague. Best use public transport or book in advance, all in all we had a great time in Prague.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us even we were not able to manage for you a room facing to the backyard. The rooms with a view on the square could be little bit noisy but not in the winter, only on summer (because of the outside temperatures so nobody spends time more than necessary :-) ).

I am sorry for the taxis even it is not fault of the hotel. We have our own taxi company with a fix prices so I will definitelly recommend you to use this service during your next stay. We are not the cheapest, but our drivers speaks at least English, we guarantee you the fix prices you know before and you will be comfortable and safe taken to all the places of interest. We are providing this service like a transfer from/to the airport as well so please do not hesitate to contact the reception of the hotel if you decide to come to Prague again.

Once again thank you for taking a time to write your review and wish you Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Sincerely yours

dublin
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed at the Rokoko last weekend and thought the hotel was fantastic. The location was excellent for sight seeing and only a few mins from the famous Old Town square.
Rooms were very clean and comfortable and the guys on reception were extremely helpful.
I wouldn't normally be a fan of continental breakfast but the one at this hotel was amazing and by far the best I've ever had.

Room Tip: Try get a room with a view onto the square.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Rokoko-director, Manager at EA Hotel Rokoko, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear guest,

let me thank you for your nice review of your stay in Rokoko hotel. It is great for me to read it and to be proud of my employees. It is perfect that you loved our breakfast - we tried to change it couple of weeks ago, so I think everybody can find something special to eat on a moorining. We did this change thanks to the reviews on Tripadvisor pages so as you can see Tripadvisor is very important partner to show us how to improve our services.

Once again thank you very much for your comment and I hope you will visit our hotel again in a future.

Best regards from Prague

Exeter, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This hotel was recommended by friends as a good place to stay as it was close to all the major sites in the city being on Wenceslas square, however it proved to be a bit noisy at night with night clubs thumping out beats to early morning. We had requested a quiet room at the back but were given one at the front overlooking the square; when I requested a change the receptionist said they were full.
The biggest disappointment however was the bed - it was two single mattresses pushed together that left a very uncomfortable gap and edges to lie on when cuddling up together - not what we expected for a romantic first wedding anniversary city break.....

Room Tip: Request a room at the back if you want quietness, do it early though!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

thank you for your comment. I am so sorry that we were not able to prepare a room for you according to your request. The number of the rooms facing to the backyard is limited but I would like to assure you that we always try to do our best to satisfy the guest's requests. Unfortunatelly not all the time successfuly.

It is true that we have two matracess on beds, it was a standard in middle Europe when the hotel was opened, but I understand that the time has changed so from the next year we are starting to change the matracess in the rooms with a higher standards (Junior suites and executive rooms). So I hope that even your stay did not fulfill all your expectations we will have an opportunity to welcome you in Rokoko again and you will be surprised with all the changes we are planning for the year 2013.

Greetengs from Prague

Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Rokoko Hotel in Prague is ideally situated for those wanting a city break. Although situated in Wenceslas Square there was no noise from traffic etc. Staff are very friendly and helpful especially Lucas.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I often go to Prague for business and I lived there. I chose this hotel for the location, very central. This is really pleasant. For people who visit Prague you can do everything walking. I asked for a quiet room and got it, no noise at all. Everything was very clean, the bed was confortable. The hotel in general is old style, nothing in particular in the decoration, it is simple but I don't mind. I liked very much the breakfast, large choice of salty and sweety things, and it is very Czech, good Czech food. The ladies there clean the tables very efficiently so as everybody can sit and it is never full. The staff was nice and smiling too. I have not been to the swimming pool.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business