“First time in Prague”
Review of EA Hotel Rokoko

EA Hotel Rokoko
Ranked #113 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This hotel was recommended by friends as a good place to stay as it was close to all the major sites in the city being on Wenceslas square, however it proved to be a bit noisy at night with night clubs thumping out beats to early morning. We had requested a quiet room at the back but were given one at the front overlooking the square; when I requested a change the receptionist said they were full.
The biggest disappointment however was the bed - it was two single mattresses pushed together that left a very uncomfortable gap and edges to lie on when cuddling up together - not what we expected for a romantic first wedding anniversary city break.....

Room Tip: Request a room at the back if you want quietness, do it early though!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Rokoko-director, Manager at EA Hotel Rokoko, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you for your comment. I am so sorry that we were not able to prepare a room for you according to your request. The number of the rooms facing to the backyard is limited but I would like to assure you that we always try to do our best to satisfy the guest's requests. Unfortunatelly not all the time successfuly.

It is true that we have two matracess on beds, it was a standard in middle Europe when the hotel was opened, but I understand that the time has changed so from the next year we are starting to change the matracess in the rooms with a higher standards (Junior suites and executive rooms). So I hope that even your stay did not fulfill all your expectations we will have an opportunity to welcome you in Rokoko again and you will be surprised with all the changes we are planning for the year 2013.

Greetengs from Prague

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Rokoko Hotel in Prague is ideally situated for those wanting a city break. Although situated in Wenceslas Square there was no noise from traffic etc. Staff are very friendly and helpful especially Lucas.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I often go to Prague for business and I lived there. I chose this hotel for the location, very central. This is really pleasant. For people who visit Prague you can do everything walking. I asked for a quiet room and got it, no noise at all. Everything was very clean, the bed was confortable. The hotel in general is old style, nothing in particular in the decoration, it is simple but I don't mind. I liked very much the breakfast, large choice of salty and sweety things, and it is very Czech, good Czech food. The ladies there clean the tables very efficiently so as everybody can sit and it is never full. The staff was nice and smiling too. I have not been to the swimming pool.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

I booked Rokoko after I red many positive reviews and exploring its pics on their Internet site. Actually the pics along with the reviews increased too much my expectations, especially that I made my booking through Hotels.com who charged me the first night 160 euros where I discovered after that, I could have booked that night 100 euros directly from the hotel front desk. Any how, about the hotel, it is located 2 min from the tram, and just beside the night clubs and strip bars and It is 15 min walking to the old town area. If you are not excited about the night clubs, it is better to book something in the old town area where most of the restaurant located. There are other hotels in the same streat that are straight opposite to the tube, all are same standered. The hotel pics shows the hotel very luxury but it is not, do don't raise your expectations. First I had a single bed room, it was very small very bad and does not justify a 100 euro a night. However, they were very kind to transfer me into a much bigger room with a king size bed, this room was very great, and completely different from that single bed room, as if you been transferred into a different hotel. The room has a Mini bar, safe box, tv and a nice bathroom.
On general if the hotel is great if u stayed in the king size bedroom and are more interested in nightclubs

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Islam_Barakat
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Ideal central location, very clean and the staff are always helpful. The hotel is walking distance from the main train station , the breakfast is very good. You are in the middle of Wensaslas square.
The elevator is slow, especially in the morning when everyone is trying to get downstair for breakfast,
In rooms is not so quiet because this hotel located in main street, but you may ask for a room away from the street.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Elena S
Rokoko-director, Manager at EA Hotel Rokoko, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking a time to write your review on Tripadvisor. Let me please use your own words and just say that your review is "perfect!"

Me and the staff of the hotel wish you all the best and hope to see you in ROKOKO again.

Sincerely

Reviewed July 7, 2012

The hotel was very good and clean. We stayed in roomnumber 601. This is a very big and quiet room. The room is clean. good beds and breakfast. Good location, near the old town and metro/trams. But we have to be honest about some minuspoints. We booked for this hotel cause they should have a wificonnection, my husband needs this for his job. But the wifi was not working at all, we told this to the receptionist, he promised us to do something about it, but it didn't after. So we had to find a bar/restaurant with wifi all the time. The area around the hotel was not nice after around 23.00. A lot of hookers in front of the hotel and negro men hanging around and a lot of homeless people. Even they did nothing wrong, it didn't feel nice and safe. But if you just pass by, and don't look at them it's no problem. The coffee at the breakfast was so weak and undrinkable, but the breakfast very good. But this problem we solved by drinking coffee on a terrace. So if those minuspoints are not bothering you, like we didn't (except the not working wifi), choose for this hotel, cause for the rest it was very good!!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room (like we did), choose/ask for a room at the backside
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cynthia3003
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your review. I do appologize for the problems with wi-fi connection. We made the network just 2 months ago and we try to fix all the problems to makes it work perfectly. Unfortunatelly the receptionist was not able to fix it on the spot so we had to call our IT specialist. Once again I am very sorry for these problems and promise that when you will come back, it will be definitely ready :-)

Hotel is located directly on Wenceslass Square - there are people anytime and because of this you can find here the type of people you've described as well. But hand in hand there are lot of policemen in plain-clothes so it is one of the safiest places in Prague. I understand that it is not very pleasant to meet these people, trust me, I work on Wenceslass Sq. from 2006 and still not adapt to this :-)

Thank you for all your nice comments and for your stay as well and hope you will come to Prague again.

Sincerely yours

Reviewed April 27, 2012

I was here for only one night, I had to travel elsewhere but I really liked my stay. Near the metro and railway station and all sights at walking distance. There was noise from outside: many groups visit Prague and especially this area, but it was not too bad. The room and bathroom very, very clean. Breakfast was okay, it's just different from home I suppose. This time I had a good deal with Easyjet, next time I visit I will certainly try to book a room here again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Rokoko-director, Manager at EA Hotel Rokoko, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking a time to write a review here on tripadvisor.com and thank you for nice pictures of our hotel :-)

It is correct that our hotel is located in the middle of Wenceslass Sq. and in the middle of everything as well - because of this there are people on the street all night long and not even during the weekend. Rooms with a view to the square could be little bit noisy because of that but they have fantastic view. If you rather want a quiet room, we have rooms also to the backyard so you can sleep all night long with no disturbing.

So during your next visit you can try this type of room - just let us know in advance and we will prepare the right room for you. I know that you had a great offer but do not hesitate to contact us directly - we could do something similar for you as well.

Best regards from Prague