“3 day college visit ”

Miss Sophie's Hotel
Ranked #95 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Perfect place to stay! Very clean and comfortable. 2 mins from metro and less than 10 mins to the museum :) breakfast lived up to the other reviews I read ! Kitchen staff were very nice and they filled you up till dinner. We had a full kitchen and the bathroom was the best is seen in a hostel. I think it's the best hostel I've ever stayed in :D Highly recommend. I stayed in 5 bed female dorm and it was more like an apartment than a hostel.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Virginia D

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I only stayed here one night, and stayed elsewhere in Prague for my first two nights.
I wish I had stayed here for my entire stay in Prague.
My room was a 5 bed female only and each dorm is basically like its own little apartment.
There's a shared bathroom, small kitchen and separate room with the beds.
The girls I stayed with were lovely as well!
Not much goes on in the common room - everytime I was down there, there was no one in there.
I highly recommend the breakfast! 170 Czech korunas and it's all you can eat... There's even a chef there that will make you what you want! She made the best omelette!
The hostel itself is really nice, modern & clean.
The staff were really nice and helpful.
It's located in the new town, but it's only bout a 7min walk from the main shopping street, but also IP Pavlova metro station is only 5min up the road... It's really easy to get to places from the hostel.
Overall I really liked this hostel.
Clean, friendly, and there's a lock up cage underneath each bed.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 23, 2014

If you are looking for somewhere within walking distance of the tram (2-4 minutes) and close to but not quite inside Old Prague Square, this is a great spot. The building itself has old bones, including a beautiful winding, stone staircase, but the decor is decidedly modern, which I enjoyed. And it was so nice to have a decent-sized bathroom with a walk-in shower: unlike anything else I have seen in my European travels! While I did not partake in the morning breakfasts the hotel offers - which you have to notify the front desk about the day before if you want to join - I woke up to the smell of waffles each morning. The staff spoke pretty good English, and they were helpful in assisting me with getting around to most places. A wonderful aspect of the hotel is that a free walking tour of the old city was offered: it turned out to be the most informative, interesting tour I've been on, and I was more than happy to make a small donation at the end of the 2 hours. Noise in the hall was not an issue for me, but the AC was non-existent so I had to sleep with the windows open, which meant that I was more aware of the street noise early in the morning. The only thing they could improve on is the mattress and pillow: the pillow was too flat - needed some additional stuffing - and the mattress was a little too stiff. However, all in all a great experience and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a 6 bed all female dorm and it was so spacious with a ensuite kitchen and bathroom. The room was very clean and comfortable! The scene was definitely not party central if that is what your looking for, but it was very relaxing and a walks away from the city center which I prefer.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kelsey J
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Miss Sophie's was excellent value for near city centre accommodation at peak season (June). It's a two minute walk to I.P. Pavlova Metro station and the number 22 tram which takes you straight to the castle district. Miss Sophie's provided us with very comprehensive and helpful directions from the airport - it's really easy to use public transport.

We had a fairly complicated set-up with three people each arriving on different days, but Miss Sophie's confirmed that we would each have a seperate bed and there was no problem in changing room as our number increased. They even sent me a personal email confirming that our weird sleeping demands were met!

We had breakfast and it was incredible - lots of hot food options cooked to order and in a nice little below ground cavern.

The beds were very comfortable and the rain-style showers really good. Nice free toiletries too! No noise from the street or other rooms, even during peak season with the windows open.

All in all this is probably the best hostel I've every stayed in. The one bedroom apartment was like a palace!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I have stayed in the beginning of June, 2014, for total of 4 nights (first 2 nights in female only 5-bed & the last 2 in mixed 5-bed). It is impeccably clean, modern, comfortable, with all amenities perfectly available: You can store your food in shared kitchen, personal items in roll-up storage under bed, and suitcase/baggage in luggage area before check in & after check out. Their bed was as comfortable as some 5-star hotels I have stayed in. The female only room had its own kitchen & bathroom, while mixed shared both with other adjacent rooms. I appreciate the fact it's located slightly outside the center and in apartment building where I felt more like locals with own key to enter the building, and the distance was never issue for me since everything was within walking distance (I never got a chance to use public transportation since Prague was so walk-able!) It also seems attracting a sort of travelers who are very considerate to others particularly at night, as well as in common areas. If you are looking for a quiet, more matured & updated version of commonly perceived "hostel," then don't look any further! You will love it :)

Room Tip: Both female only & mixed 5 bed rooms (all single beds) are excellent!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We loved this hotel the first time we visited Prague 3 years ago -sadly disappointed on our 2nd visit...

The first 2 nights we stayed in the Miss Sophie's 1 bedroom apartment across the road - on entry to the building it looks dirty the floors and elevator could do with a clean.

Apartment was spacious, lacking character and noisy with Main Street so close. No ventilation for the bathroom.

The next 2 nights we stayed in the double room hotel our room was poky again no ventilation in bathroom just an automatic light & fan - some air freshener would be nice and the street is very noisy.

Breakfast was nice - hot chocolate beautiful we were sad to hear Edgar (chef) had left. Staff friendly although it was always busy - spent a lot of time waiting at reception during our stay.

The hotel is a fair walk to many main attractions in future I will be staying in Praha 1 area as it's so close to everything and would recommend around the old town/ new town area for anyone wanting to walk out of there hotel into fabulous restaurant's and the vibrant ambiance of Prague.

It's an AMAZING CITY!!!

Think Miss Sophie's is best for back packers.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple