“My Favourite Place to Stay!”

Miss Sophie's Hotel
Ranked #90 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I stay here every time I visit Prague. It has a great location; it is close to Wencelas Square, and the tram 22 that stops right by the hostel can take you to all the main sights. It's also easy to get to from the bus and train station. The decor is lovely; really unique and makes it seem very personal. Every staff member is lovely as well; all speak English very we'll and are always friendly and pleasant. Breakfast is AMAZING, great value and is just delicious. This is the best hostel ever; I'm staying again in a month and I can't wait!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Chris S, Owner at Miss Sophie's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear Kenna S,

Thank you for staying with us (again!) at Miss Sophie's. We're so happy to hear that you've enjoyed your visits in the past and have chosen to return. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Miss Sophie's is Excellent. Enough said really. The staff are friendly, helpful and accommodating. The breakfast fabulous. The rooms great, whether they were the private studio apartment rooms (I stayed with my sister and brother-in-law for a couple of nights) or the doom rooms (my sister and I returned after a short break without my brother-in-law), beds were very comfortable and very clean. I've really said enough, Miss Sophie's is Excellent.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Chris S, Owner at Miss Sophie's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Loveswalking,

Thank you for such wonderful feedback! We try hard to deliver a great guest experience, and I'm happy to hear that all was fantastic with your visit. Thanks again, and please come back and see us the next time you're in Prague.

Cheers,

Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Miss Sophie's over christmas. We were originally planning to stay at their sister hostel but they moved and the location wasn't as ideal for us. The staff were really accommodating and organised for us to stay in an equivalent room at Miss Sophie's for no extra charge. The room was huge and nicely fitted out, same as kitchen and bathroom.

Breakfast was definitely a high point - cereals and cheese/meats laid out and hot meals made to order, all inclusive. Great location only a few mins from both metro and the tram that runs to the castle.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James B
Chris S, Owner at Miss Sophie's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear James B,

We're happy you enjoyed your stay at Miss Sophie's - and glad to hear you took advantage of the great breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again in Prague someday. Thanks for the kind feedback.

Regards,

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Such a great Hostel !! One of the best I have ever been.
If you want to spend few days in Prague for a really really really good price do not hesitate, go there :)
Special mention, for the staff; they are so nice and friendly !!
Thanks again

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Chris S, Owner at Miss Sophie's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear LRsideways,

Thank you for visiting us at Miss Sophie's. We're happy you had a great time. Thank you for the kind feedback, and please come back to visit us again.

Regards,

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I visited Miss Sophie's hotel/hostel in the Spring of 2013 for 7 days. The staff was extremely warm and helpful with everything I asked of them. The common area in the basement of the main building was comfortable and inviting, the staff allowed me to thumb through and borrow movies to watch in the late hours of the night. I honestly cannot say enough nice things about the staff, they were very genuine and helpful. Thank you Miss Sophie's, I can't wait to come back and visit!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Chris S, Owner at Miss Sophie's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear KhrysG,

Thank you for staying at Miss Sophie's! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us, and really appreciate your kind comments. We look forward to seeing you back in Prague in the future.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed here with my friend and we were very satisfied : the staff was really friendly they even organized a Christmas dinner on Christmas eve for free , it was very considerate of them , this is definitely the place you want to stay if you're travelling alone to meet new people and have a great experience , beds are comfortable , I would recommend bringing earplugs as I had some trouble sleeping from snoring roommates . The hostel organizes lots of trips and events and help you get wherever you want so you don't have to do excessive planning before you arrive .
The bar and Lounge is a good place to hangout and meet new people and have some cheap Czech beer , cheaper than any bar I'v found in the city .
You don't have to bring our laptop , computers are good and internet woks better on them and don't forget to bring two padlocks.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Decided to stay here after reading many positive reviews here, and we were not disappointed. It's about a 10-minute walk to Wenceslas Square and about 15 minutes from the Old Town, and it was easy enough to travel on the tram or metro from Miss Sophie's. Location was excellent and was close to everywhere that we wanted to go to. The receptionist was very helpful when we checked in, asking us what we were interested in and making recommendations for how to get around and where to eat.

We booked a four-bed private room, but upon arrival we were upgraded to the five bed studio, which was a pleasant surprise. It was a spacious room and it had a bathroom with a shower and a bath. There were toiletries and a hair dryer provided, and the studio also had a stove, although we didn't make use of it. It was really clean and warm for this time of the year, which was great. We also had breakfast here on our final day and it was well worth it, as described in some of the other reviews here. Miss Sophie really exceeded our expectations, as it turned out to be more like a hotel than a hostel.