“Amazing place in Prague”

Miss Sophie's Hotel
Ranked #84 of 649 Hotels in Prague
“Amazing place in Prague”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

This place was amazing its like a hotel but with bunk beds. It looks very new, the beds are already made, large rooms and massive beautiful bathrooms. Pretty centrally located 10 min walk from the main train station and 20-30 mins walk from old town. The breakfast is incredible but costs €7 so only do it if you eat heaps or are into cooked breakfast. Aside from the breakfast though this place is amazingly good value cheapest place I stayed in on my trip. Staff are pretty knowledgeable, good wifi, lifts, little outdoors area, overall it's great.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I couldn't believe how clean the rooms were and how nice the bathrooms were. I stayed in a 4-bedroom dorm on the ground floor right outside the reception. It really felt like a hotel. The lockers were great and fit all my stuff, and I had a big backpack full of stuff. I could leave all my things knowing they would be secure (unlike other hostels that have small lockers). The breakfast was also really amazing and although it is an extra, it is excellent value for money. The staff were also really great at giving me good advice to see Prague in the 3 hours I had :) I could also rent a towel and get tram tickets from reception which helped. Thank you! Will stay again definitely if life takes me Prague-side.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was the most well thought out, beautiful and fun hostel I stayed at over the course of a 3-week, 6-city euro tour. We were in a 5-bedroom female dorm that was basically an apartment with its own kitchen (complete with all utensils and dishware) and bathroom (great shower pressure and hot water). We used our cards at 3 checkpoints to get into the room so it was definitely safe! It was a little loud though at night since the walls are thin so I would recommend earplugs and you should be fine.

Reception staff is also super nice and helpful, they will store your luggage for as long as you need in a very secure room. Free wifi too. In house breakfast smelled delicious, although we didn't ever end up getting it since we had a fridge in the dorm.

Oh and do the pub crawl! We met so many other nice young travelers...

I hope Miss Sophie's becomes an international chain, they are great!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is the greatest place to stay in Prague. Rooms are clean, showers are great, and the staff is very helpful. Breakfast is the best you will get anywhere. It's close walking distance to Wenceslas Square and the tram and Metro are just outside the door! Fabulous.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Glendag53
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great place to stay a few days, well located, metro station around the corner and also walking distance to the most tourist attractions. Among all the hostel I've stayed this is by far the hostel with the best cafeteria e breakfast !! I just think they should clean the dorms more often, esp. on weekends and not wait until Monday to do the cleaning. Otherwise, it is a great hostel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed for the second time at Miss Sophie's recently and the standard of the hotel was even higher than I remember from 6 years ago. The staff couldn't have been more friendly or helpful, and the room was both clean and comfortable.
The best part about the hotel is the fabulous breakfast - cooked as you like, when you like. Pancakes, french toast, bacon, eggs, crepes.... couldn't be a better way to start the day.
We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This hostel was so amazing that it didn't even feel like a hostel!
I stayed in a 5 bed female dorm and we had our own kitchen and a stunning bathroom. The shower was a rain shower which practically made my life. I also enjoyed the comfy single beds. I didnt try the breakfast but I heard rave reviews. The only issue I had was that there was no common room to hang out and meet people. Other than that it was fantastic.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo