“Excellent service”

Alchymist Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #13 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The hotel is located on Mala strana, close to the main sights worth to see. It has perfect and very attentive service caring for details, very pleasant and unique atmosphere, superb restaurant worth to revisit and nice spa.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Kristina F
Write a ReviewReviews (1,801)

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I'll keep this brief. If you are looking for an opulent, luxurious hotel experience with superb service, friendly and attentive staff in the perfect location, just 5 minutes walk from Charles Bridge, then look no further. I guarantee that you will not be disappointed.

From the Champagne reception to the complimentary wine and cheese tasting every afternoon, the experience is luxury through and through.

My wife and I have stayed here two years in a row and will be rebooking for next year. The only negative about our stay at the Alchymist Grand Hotel and Spa is that it had to come to an end :)

Book it, book it now :)

2  Thank Nathan K
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary in Prague last year. We'd never been there before and are very happy that we chose to go. Our stay at the Alchymist Grand Hotel and Spa more than lived up to our expectations for outstanding service. It's a gorgeously decorated hotel in a building built as a monastery in 1517. The hotel's elegance is warm and intimate. The room we had was beautifully appointed and spacious. There was a lovely tea service in the parlor where we were able to meet other guests. Breakfast in the patio space near the fountain was serene. However it was our dinner at the Aquarius in the hotel that was so romantic and perfect, I was unexpectedly overwhelmed with tears of joy.

On our first night here, we were tired after the long travel from New York so we decided to eat at the hotel restaurant, Aquarius. The atmosphere felt worlds away from the extreme stresses that we'd been going through for more than a year at that point, and I sighed with relief and happiness just to sit down at the table for dinner. As we were the first guests for the evening, we had the whole restaurant to ourselves for about an hour. The service from Dusan was outstanding, never rushed, just courteous and cheerful. We learned about Czech cuisine from him and ordered as he recommended, first the eggplant appetizer, then the roast duck on cabbage with dumplings (herbed and very tasty), ending with the tiramisu. My husband and I shared all the dishes which results in just the right portions for us. The kitchen presented us lovely interludes along the way, an amuse bouche of breaded vegetables in a basil sauce before the appetizer, pecorino cheese from the wheel before dessert, and four lovely chocolates after dessert.

A pianist was playing beautiful romantic music ranging from classical to modern. He was situated at the far end away from us, giving us privacy. As dinner was winding down, we heard the first few notes of our wedding song "Have I Told You Lately That I Love You". We were happily surprised by his choice and got up to slow dance to it. When we sat down again and and our dinner drew to a close, I looked at my smiling husband and tears of happiness welled up in my eyes -- we'd been transported to a magical place.

We very much appreciate the people who served us throughout our stay for giving us one of those special rare interludes in life.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EarlyRisersMate
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I find it incredibly hard to criticise any aspect of this hotel. The staff were extremely friendly. Our room was exceptional (we were lucky to get what appeared to be the only room with an outrageously large terrace, on which we were able to have our breakfast the following morning). The location was ideal for walking up to the castle or down to the Charles Bridge and in to town. The breakfasts were superb. The decor jaw droppingly gorgeous. I can strongly recommend this hotel for romantic breaks away or for anyone that just wants to treat themselves.

3  Thank londonboy78
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The hotel is wonderful and well decorated with really wonderful furniture, the staff is really really really friendly and cordial. They booked us a taxy and the Segway tour. When I booked my room in the description I read that the room have got 4 bed and 2 bathroom, but when I arrive in my room there was only one bathroom, so I said it to the reception and they kindly apologise and give us their most beautiful room at the same price. When we arrive to the hotel they offer us some Champaign and some little towel moist with rose essence for refresh yourself. The spa was beautiful. The breakfast was rich and full of everything. One day I had dinner in the Acquarius restaurant of the hotel and the dinner was really really really good and the service was excellent.
I love this hotel !

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lorenzobas
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Hotel is splendid, and the staff was dedicated to help in any way to make our stay as pleasant as possible. We are definitly returning!! The hotel is situated five minutes walk from Charles bridge, and we can't think of a better location to explore Prague. Daily winetasting was enjoyable, but don't expect high end wines, easy but good local wines. Nevertheless a nice touch to make the stay even more enjoyable.

2  Thank Sveinung A
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was a fantastic experience. check in was swift and easy with a glass of champagne in the most beautiful surroundings. everything was spot on, the service, the rooms which are very luxurious, the food. Good choice at breakfast and in the most fantastic setting. We found the location to be excellent just a few minutes from the bridge but not in the thick of the city. We enjoyed complimentary drinks and nibbles. We had a drink in the bar that was expensive but such a beautiful place to be. We loved it. The only one small thing was the bottle of water in the room was not rplaced daily and so 2nd day I rand down and they sent me one up. It was not replaced on the third day and so I rang again but was asked to sign for it as you only get one bottle for whole visit. I thought considering we were in a suite and the cost of it they were unfair and not consistent with the night before. It did not ruin anything and I would stay again in a shot but I would buy some water from the shop! Not a big deal everything else was dreamlike.

Room Tip: Upgrading is worth it if you can afford it.