“I agree!”

Ranked #14 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Virginia
“I agree!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I agree with the other recent reviews. What a great hotel, in an excellent location. The rooms are a bit over the top for me, but maybe one reason I enjoyed so much. Real wood beams in the bedroom, with crystal chandelier....even had a crystal chandelier in the bathroom. Separate seating area in the room, and the closet was nicer than the one in my home. Gold gilding everywhere.... Free wi-fi in the room, as it should be. So, if you typically stay in a Four Seasons, St. Regis, Mandarin, etc. hotel, give this place a chance, and enjoy the diversity of all of the rooms, and the excellent location. Trust me.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank OaktonFamily

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My wife and I travelled here for a 3-night stay. We were immediately made feel welcome; by the people at reception, by the two glasses of sparkling wine and by the surprise free room upgrade. The hotel is only about 10-15 minutes walk away from the Old Town (across the Charles Bridge) so it is close enough to be convenient but far enough away not to be a nuisance. The staff were all lovely and the service was very impressive. The only down-side was that our room was backed onto a road where clearly the deliveries arrived so we did wake up occasionally due to the noise from the street. However, they said if we'd told them sooner they would have happily moved us. Overall it was a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Ensure that your room doesn't back onto the delivery entrance to the hotel.
2 Thank hamstervision
Thalwil, Switzerland
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I was traveling with a group of 10 friends and the Alchymist Grand Hotel took care of us every step of the way. It was a pleasure to work with them on booking the rooms, airport transfer service, dinners, spa appointments and more. The rooms: I was in a "family room" which had 2 bathrooms (nice), welcome fruit (would have been even nicer to get fresh fruit every day), plenty of bottled water and comfortable beds. One note of caution is that there are stairs in this type of room which are quite steep and sadly quite slippery. I did fall hard on these stairs as did a friend in another of the family rooms. We told management and they seemed genuinely intent on fixing this problem. Our friends had a neighboring "family room" which had a small sink (and maybe stove?), but only 1 bathroom - lesson here is to ask for details when making the reservation to be sure you get what you want. All of the hotel facilities were fabulous, including the breakfast. There was great choice and the food was good. The location is wonderful. Just a few minutes walk to the Charles Bridge and many shops and restaurants nearby. It is pricey, but seemed to me to be worth the price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Nantucket, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We went back to Prague to celebrate our 5th year's anniversary in the city where my partner and I met for the first time. Plus it was his 30th birthday as well. We also got engaged this weekend, so it couldn't have been more perfect for us and there couldn't have been a better hotel than the Alchymist to have experienced this all. The layout of the hotel and surrounding area are so quaint and romantic, that we couldn't have wished for a better staging of our engagement weekend! :)

However, there are some downsides to the hotel, so therefore I chose "very good" instead of "excellent". The wifi didn't work at all in the room and it was very noisy (also during the night, which was rather odd...). The latter probably because it's a very old building. The breakfast is nice, but I wouldn't say excellent. The pancakes I ordered didn't taste like freshly made pancakes at all, but more like microwave pancakes. Also the orange juice didn't taste quite fresh. I guess that's all fine too (I normally don't really complain about that kind of stuff...), but not for a 5 star hotel and the price you have to pay to stay in this hotel (especially when you think about the fact that some people pay the normal, way higher, price for a room in this hotel).

Anyway, if you want to have a romantic weekend in Prague and you can find a good deal for this hotel I would highly recommend it, because it is situated in one of the most beautiful parts of the city, of which I think is also one of the most beautiful cities of Europe!

Room Tip: I think it has been mentioned here before, but room 106 is a very noisy one...
kent
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for weekend break with my husband.
I really liked this hotel, beautifully decorated really classy.
We went to Prague to see Coldplay concert, met a lovely couple at concert who were ironically staying at this hotel too!
I've recommended this hotel to all I know, do go you won't be disappointed.
My favourite bit is the hotels court yard,so relaxing there!

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank lovethesun54
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Excellent location, great service, helpful staff - all you can wish for a fantastic stay. Liked the spa to relax after the travel day. Afternoon refreshment, wine and cheese was an added value. Will come back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eve990
Darlington, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Arrived to be offered hot towels and hot wine, brilliant , fantastic central location to walk to all the sights , wine and cheese at 5-6 everyday, had some good crack with the other residents, ( martin you know who you are ) room was superb with 4 poster and huge bathroom,we went to the spa everyday to chill out and relax, we were the only 2 in their, we had a superb romantic break in this beautiful city and hotel, just down the road for good wine in a little bar called cork and fork , and up the next street at Jo,s for cocktails, dont hesitate, get booked and enjoy the city and this hotel

1 Thank Max L