Smetana Hotel
$261
$203
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Cloister Inn Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
$193
$179
Cancelon
Hotel Elysee(Prague)(Great Value!)
$119
$115
Cancelon
1,537 results
All reviewspachtuv palacecharles bridgefour poster bedold townmini kitchenriver viewbedroom suiteprague castleperfect locationbeautiful hotelcoffee machineseparate toiletthe hotel staffhigh ceilingssitting roomturn down serviceacross the river
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 15, 2014

My family and I stayed for three nights and felt we couldn't have chosen a better hotel. It is very centrally located which was perfect, and the rooms were wonderful-very large suites! The hotel restaurant is lovely and the service excellent- the prices are for tourists though.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Siobhan O
Lucie D, General Manager at Smetana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Valued Guest from Newry,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your recent Prague visit.

We truly appreciate that you took the time to share your comments with other travellers here on the Tripadvisor.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace Prague is a stylish and very nice hotel. We had a great room with view to the Charles Bridge and the castle. Only a few minutes to the old town center (square), and close to the Charles Bridge (best of both). Good service and very spacious room.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest from Kongsvinger,

Reviewed May 12, 2014

This is a lovely hotel, in a superb location. We received an upgrade to a suite with an outstanding view of the castle and the bridge. The suite was incredibly spacious and well equipped, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was wonderful, with a bath and a shower, and a separate toilet.

I judge a hotel by the comfort of the bed, the water pressure and the speed of the internet and this hotel scored highly on all three criteria.

All of the hotel staff we encountered were very professional, the service was top notch. Customer service is not the best in Prague as a whole (restaurants etc) but the service at the Mamaison is world class.

We took advantage of the car transfer to and from the airport which was a great feature of the hotel, and the hotel driver also took us up to the castle when we asked for them to call us a cab. I'd highly recommend this service.

In summary, terrific hotel and I thought it was great value for the price we paid, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Book direct with the hotel and you should receive an upgrade if a room is available. Ask for a room with a view if possible, the view is spectacular.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest from Melbourne,

Reviewed April 29, 2014

This hotel is an old building, where Mozart stayed on some occasion. It is different than most expensive hotels, the elegant lobby and the reception (offering you a welcoming glass of champagne) has a very special touch, far from a feeling you are in a supermarket. The service is kind and professional, the rooms are big and comortable. Nice touches of luxury - Occitaine soaps and shampoos, three-glass windows ensure your quiet sleep. Amazing view from our two windows: the Veltava river, the Charles Bridge and the royal castle. Walking distance to the old town square and the opera (the main one, there are two others). In short : a bit expensive, but unique and worth the money.

I did not like the design of the Amadeo restaurant where we had breakfeast: grey walls, grey chairs and bright red bar ??? The disagner should be sentenced to gallows. Buffet breakfeast was nice, but nothing special, one has to pay extra 20 Euros. Considering the hotel charges for its rooms it is a rip-off .

Room Tip: The rooms facing the street have the most spectacular views of Prague castle and the Chrles Bridge. Do not be afraid, the windows are soundproof.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank veluto
Lucie D, General Manager at Smetana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear Valued Guest from Warsaw,

It was with great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel. I will be more than happy to pass your valuable comments onto the entire team of Pachtuv Palace. I am dissapointed to hear about your experience with our breakfast. I will discuss this matter with the restaurant manager and seek for an imporvement.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed here for two nights in July 2012 with our 1-year old. We booked through tripadvisor for ~$250 for 2 nights. We were very pleased with the value for money.
We got a ground floor room (no views, facing the courtyard) but the room was very large which was ideal for us with a toddler. They also arranged for a baby cot (playpen) in the room.
The location is a block from the main bridge and a quick walk to the town center. Tram available within a block.
We didn't dine here but since it is so close to the city center there are a number of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Lucie D, General Manager at Smetana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Valued Guest from Manhattan,