“Top class; excellent service & location”
Review of Smetana Hotel

Smetana Hotel
Ranked #93 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Our visit here was outstanding. Our flight from the United States arrived early in the morning at 9:00am but they were aware of the early flight and allowed us to check-in this early which we've never been able to do on a trip to Europe. This got the trip off to a great start and the room was then outstanding. We had a high-ceiling, large room with kitchen and sitting room with huge tub. This was the largest room we've ever had in Europe and we've stayed in nearly a dozen hotels. They cleaned the rooms wonderfully, had bath robs and slippers, and the location was ideal. Easy walk to everywhere and beside the hotel was a great restaurant called Schoolhouse. Overall, five star spot.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Lucie D, General Manager at Smetana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Valued Guest from San Antonio,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your recent Prague visit.

We truly appreciate that you took the time to share your comments with other travellers here on the Tripadvisor.

I will be very pleased to welcome you back to the Pachtuv Palace soon

Yours sincerely,

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,513)

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Long weekend for my wife and I without our three year old daughter. Decided to splash out a little more than normal so went for this hotel. So glad we did. Have room 207 which has views across the river, Charles Bridge and Prague castle. Massive room, two bathrooms and mini kitchen hidden in a wardrobe. Was only disappointed that the dinner cruise promoted by the hotel in their evening letter they put on the bed each night was not actually available this time of year.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank martint9999

Dear Valued Guest,

It was with great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel. I will be more than happy to pass your valuable comments onto the entire team of Pachtuv Palace. I am sorry about your dissapointment with the dinner cruise but I would like to inform you that the issue was on the site of the provider who cancelled the cruise unexpectedly without informing us. On the other hand, I am happy that this little incident didnt ruin your stay and I saw you leave our hotel happy with the overal stay.

I will be very pleased to welcome you back to the Pachtuv Palace soon

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed February 25, 2014

This hotel is located less than 2 blocks from Charles Bridge, and only four from Old Town Square. The staff speaks fluent English, and provides phenomenal service. The wifi was fast and had a strong signal, and the bed was very comfortable. My only complaint was the parking at check-in, but thankfully the valet takes your car to a secure garage about 10 minutes away from the hotel so you don't have to worry about it getting bumped into on the curb. Beautiful view of Charles bridge and the Palace from the room, make sure to ask for the river view when you make your reservation. It also has a lovely courtyard if you don't want the river view.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view, Charles bridge is lovely at night.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Lucie D, General Manager at Smetana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Valued Guest from Seoul,

I would like to take the opportunity in thanking you for having choosing the Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your stay in Prague.

We very appreciate that you shared your experience with other travellers among the Tripadvisor community.

It was with great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel. I will be happy to share your comments with the team members.

Once again thank you for your time and I would be very pleased to welcome you back to the Pachtuv Palace again.

Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

This hotel located just next to the Vltava river at oldtown. very close to Charles Bridge. Trams 18, 22 towards Praha castle are passing by.
Rooms are spacious and cost reasonable for their quality.
The only thing I disappointed about is sevice and attitude of employees. They are not very helpful.

Ah. There were two rooms, one of them was too cold to sleep well after long journey with lots of tiredness.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

It was with great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your overal stay with us and that you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel. I was very concerned while reading your comment about our service and the unhelpful staff. I will definitely appreciate if you share more information about this issue so I can take the necessary measurements. You can contact me at my email ldagan at mamaison.com I will be looking forward to hear from you.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

This is the first time I visited the beautiful city and on top of that, i had a great stay in this city too. The location of the hotel is perfect. Minutes away to Charles bridge and train station. The hotel staffs were friendly and helpful. Even serve champagne when we checked in. Wifi is very strong, room is clean and tidy. In the evening, the chamber maid will come into the room and make the bed for us to tuck in. The hotel have comfortable bed too. Is highly recommended hotel in Prague.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest from Singapore

Reviewed February 21, 2014

This is our 2nd visit since we were married there in 2011 and it gets better. This time we returned with our 3 teenage sons and the staff there upgraded all our rooms with magnificent views and a 2 bedroom suite for the boys fit for royalty. Thank you Pachtuv Palace for all your attention to detail and for the beautiful upgraded rooms. It was my birthday whilst there and a card and bottle of champagne were waiting for us on arrival with a bowl of fruit for the boys room. Location is just perfect and helped us in particular as our youngest son sprained his ankle within an hour of arriving and was struggling to walk great distances-thank you again for the care here and bandages etc.
Our all time favourite hotel-we will be back!

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful but obviously the ones with views of Charles Bridge are amazing!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Mrs. Jo,

I would like to take the opportunity in thanking you for choosing the Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your stay in Prague. We feel honored you decided to celebrate such a special occasion as your Birthday with us.

It was with great pleasure to learn that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I have just returned from a truly wonderful 3 night break staying at the Pachtuv Palace in Prague. This was a a really special trip for my and my mother and made extra special with a free upgrade to a stunning waterfront suite. The staff were lovely, the hotel perfectly situated close to the old town and just by Charles Bridge. The hotel organised a trip to the opera with was amazing and were on hand to assist in every possible way. A massive thank you to all the staff, we hope to return one day!!!

Room Tip: Rooms at the front with a waterside and castle view
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest from Cranbrook,

It was with great pleasure to learn that you and your mom enjoyed your stay with us and that you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel.

Regards from sunny Prague,