“Superb!”
Review of Smetana Hotel

Smetana Hotel
Ranked #88 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

This place listed as an unpublished bargain on Hotwire. Took the risk and was not dissappointed. Beautiful property in a gorgeous city. You must cross the river to reach most attractions but it's only 15-20 minutes to most. Rooms with river view are stunning.

• Stayed: December 2012
Lucie D, General Manager at Smetana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Valued Guest from Hattiesburg,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for choosing the Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your stay in Prague.

We very appreciate that you took your time to share your positive comments with other travellers in the Tripadvisor community.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I was so impressed with this hotel. It was a special occasion for us, since it was our 30th wedding anniversary. They thoughtfully placed rose petals on our bed and tub and gave us a complimentary bottle of champagne. The staff was so courteous and efficient, and we truly felt we got white-glove treatment. Everything about our suite was wonderful, with a gorgeous view of the Vltava River and castle hill. The location is perfect, because it is about half way from Charles Bridge and Old Town Square. In other words, you can walk just about anywhere comfortably from here. When we arrived, we were starving and had lunch in the hotel restaurant.....simply delicious. I have no complaints, as our time in Prague staying at the Mamaison was supremely happy.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor in a Jr. Suite, with a view of the river. Awesome!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest from Gainesville,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for choosing the Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for such a special occasion as your wedding anniversary. We feel very honored to be a part of your special day.

We very appreciate that you took your time to share your positive comments with other travellers on the Tripadvisor.

It was with great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the room, the hotel location, your anniversary treatment and our hotel restaurant. I will make sure to pass your compliments onto the entire team.

Once again thank you for your time and I would be very pleased to welcome you back to the Pachtuv Palace in the nearest future,

Reviewed November 20, 2013

1 night spent for my wifes birthday and from the moment we walked into reception and relaxed with our welcome drink we knew it was special. We were taken care of beautifully by staff and management. The suite was beautifully and a bottle of bubbly was waiting on icefor us. Views over the Vltava to Prague castle also impressed. Nothing to fault and we loved our stay.Thoroughly recomended.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Valued Guest, Dear Glyn,

It was with great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our staff members and your room.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Sometimes you go somewhere and wonder if writing a Tripadvisor review is going to be a good idea - because you don't want too many people to find out about the fantastic place you stayed at!

From the moment the airport car picks you up at the airport (a bit more expensive than a taxi but vastly superior) you know that your in for a special time.

When you arrive at the hotel and are sat down with a glass of bubbly for one of the most relaxed hotel check ins I've ever encountered you start to wonder if it can get any more special.

When a member of staff then takes you to your room and shows you how everything works you realise that you are encountering some of the best hotel customer service available - think of hotels in Miss Marple or Poirot and you'll have some idea of what I'm trying to portray.

This was actually our second visit to the Pachtuv Palace. The first time we were upgraded to a room with a stunning view of the bridge and castle. This time we were upgraded to an amazing (and fantastically quiet) suite towards the rear of the hotel with a balcony overlooking the main courtyard.

If you're looking for a great location with the best customer service then this is the place for you. It's certainly the only place we would consider staying in when visiting Prague.

Room Tip: Book the hotel car for your airport transfers - more expensive than a taxi but worth every Crown
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Martin P

Dear Valued Guest from Bristol,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for choosing the Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace as your Prague destination stay.
We very appreciate that you made an effort to share your positive comments with other travellers here on the Tripadvisor.

It was with great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our car transfer, the check-in process, our staff members and their customer service and the location of Pachtuv Palace. We are happy that you will keep a pleasant memory.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed in this room for the first two nights of my stay in September 2012. The only problem I had with my stay was I could hear the garbage trucks outside of my room. I was moved to another room after my request. Besides that one thing, this hotel experience was absolutely positive. I booked the private car for my airport transfers and everything went very smoothly. I hurt my foot hours before my flight to Prague and ended up in a wheelchair at the Prague hotel. When I went to pick up my luggage my driver was patiently for me. Once I arrived at the hotel, I was quickly checked in and shown to my room. The next day, my foot was still swollen and I wanted to make sure it wasn't broken so I check with the staff to see what my options were. I choose to go to the hospital with English speaking check-in and took the private car to get there. The driver walked me in to make sure I didn't have a problem and waited until I was done. Watching out for me was beyond helpful and made what could have been a very scary experience completely painless.

Room Tip: The private car from the airport was a great choice. A little more than other choices, but absolute...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Dear Valued Guest from Cortlandt Manor,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for choosing the Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace as your Prague destination stay last year.
We very appreciate that you took your time to share your positive comments with other travellers here on the Tripadvisor.

It was with great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our staff members. I am sorry to hear about the troubles caused by your hurt foot and am really happy to hear that our team took good care of you and was helpful in difficult situation like this.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

My wife and I decided to celebrate our first wedding anniversary in Prague and we happened to stumble upon this hotel as one that was highly rated for its location. Given the occasion, we decided to book a a Junior Suite with a View of the river and the castle and threw in their "In Love" package.

We arrived on a Thursday afternoon at around 14:00hrs and were shown to our room which was quite a pleasant surprise. There was a chilled bottle of champagne on the table, the bed and bath were decorated nicely with flower petals and the view was simply out of this world! It helped of course to have had a clear sunny day but nevertheless, we were happy to have chosen a room with a view.

The staff at the hotel are extremely polite and helpful. They were able to help us with all our queries concerning tours and restaurants and recommendations made by them all turned out fantastic for us.

While I am sure there are cheaper hotels available that probably offer similar facilities, this place is really special because of the location and the people. I mean, within 3 minutes of walking, you're at the Charles Bridge! I don't expect a better experience in Prague than at the Pachtuv Palace.

Room Tip: Chose a room with a view of the river and castle. It is worth it!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest from Bangalore,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for choosing the Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for such a special occasion as your wedding anniversary. We feel very honored to play a part in your special day.

It was with great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the room, the hotel location, your In Love package treatment and our staff members. I will make sure to pass your compliments onto the entire team.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We booked 5 nights here in November and chose a large suite overlooking the river. What a great choice, so much better than the rooms facing the courtyard. If you can, book a room with a view.

The suite was huge, bigger that the average UK 1 bed room flat. Really tastefully furnished and spotlessly clean. I was really impressed but huge minibar/ sink/ hot plate combo hidden in the wardrobe in the lounge - the fridge was big enough to store our own beer and wine. A gigantic bed too!

I bought drinks one night front hotel restaurant - £17 for a G&T and a beer. Don't do it!

Apart from the location, the best thing about this place is the staff. V v helpful and friendly with extensive knowledge of the City. They quite rightly helped us to book restaurants every night - which is a must here for anywhere half decent.

I would definitely stay here again.

Go for a suite, on the upper floors, to get the best view, fill the fridge with your own beer, and you'll have a great time!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank phildibbsy

Dear Valued Guest from York,

We very appreciate that you shared your positive comments with other travellers here on the Tripadvisor.

It was with great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially your room, its views and our staff members. We are happy that you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel. I will definitely pass your compliments onto the team of Pachtuv Palace.

Once again thank you for your time and I would be very pleased to welcome you back soon

Yours sincerely,