“Perfect.”

Ranked #96 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Warwick
“Perfect.”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We chose this hotel for our tenth anniversary trip in December 2012, but as I've only recently started using trip advisor, I'm reviewing it now. We've stayed in some good hotels in Prague, but this is by far our favourite, it could not be better situated, equidistant from the castle and the old town, and a stones throw from the Charles Bridge. It is also very close to our favourite restaurant, kampa park, which is also a big plus for us. The room we had was huge and well furnished, and had a great bathroom.

Air france managed to lose our bags on the way over and the hotel were very good at offering to provide things we might need in the interim, but as it was we went out for dinner and when we got back our bags had been delivered and were waiting in our room.The only issues we had were that our safe did not work, but they were very good about trying to get it fixed, and also we were not very keen on the coffee maker, but this may be down to personal taste. We were there in the winter and the room was just right for temperature, I think we have had to turn the heating down if anything, the bed was comfy and we slept very well.

All in all, this is the first place I will check for availability on future trips to this beautiful city.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Fullerton42
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Valued Guest from Warwick,

I would like to take the opportunity in thanking you for reviewing your stay at Pachtuv Palace Prague.

It was with great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially your room, the hotel in general, our staff members, and that you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel. I will be more than happy to pass your valuable comments onto the team of Pachtuv Palace

Once again thank you for your time and I would be very pleased to welcome you back to the Pachtuv Palace again,

Lucie Dagan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed for a couple of nights in October 2013, and got a free upgrade to a room with river view. Hotel is lovely, rooms very large, spacious and clean. Location could not be better; literally 1 minute away from the Charles Bridge but not so busy that it is noisy at night. Also very ideally placed for Karoliny Svetle, which has some super restaurants and bars down it. Concierges and receptionists are always available to help and speak perfect English. Will definitely come back to Prague at some point and would not normally stay at the same hotel. With this one I'll make an exception.

2 Thank Giles D
Dear Valued Guest, Dear Giles,

I would like to thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at Pachtuv Palace with other travellers here on the Tripadvisor.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, especially your room with the view, the hotel in general and our staff members.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon, and am really happy that you will make the execption for our hotel and will return,

With warm regards from Prague,

Twickenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The location of this horel cannot be beaten. Its a short walk to the Charles Bridge. The rooms are nice, clean and comfortable. We walked everywhere. Its easy to get to the airport on public transport. A private taxi is 500 crowns and public transport is only 42 crowns. Once you're there everything is within easy walking distance.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Valued Guest from Twickenham,

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, especially our location and your room.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon,

With warm regards from Prague,

Canada
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Our stay at Pachtuv Palace was truly exceptional. From booking through to check out it was nothing but flawless.

I wanted someplace special to celebrate my husband and my 20th wedding anniversary. I found a "too good to be true" deal online but was leary. I contacted the hotel directly to confirm and they assured me it was legit. In fact encouraged me to send them a note after completing the online booking to confirm receipt on their end and it was all taken care of in under 10 minutes.

We stayed in a delightful suite looking into the courtyard. It was large and lovely. Rose petals in a heart shape greeted us as well as a chilled bottle of champagne to start off our stay in Prague with excellence. The staff was delightful, the breakfast hearty, and simply put it was perfect. We stayed four nights in Prague and simply loved the hotel. We stayed in room 210, which climbing stairs was required (not many but, not suitable for mobility challenged individuals if you are so).

Literally a stones throw from St. Charles bridge. Unlike a previous reviewer we too prepaid our stay and as mentioned, did not have a single issue whatsoever with the process. If I had a single complaint it would be that the mattresses could be upgraded, but still reasonably comfortable, and a feather pillow option would be divine.

Thank you to the staff at Pachtuv Palace for truly helping make our anniiversary trip very special.

We will be back
The Pedersens

1 Thank Frozenrose
Dear Pedersens,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for reviewing our hotel here on the Tripadvisor and also choosing Mamaison Pachtuv Palace for such a special occasion of yours as 20th wedding anniversary. We feel very honored to be part of your special moments.

We are happy that our hotel met your expectations and you were especially happy with the room, our anniversary treatment and our staff members. I will definitely share your compliments with the team.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Charming place to stay. Large rooms and great location. Staff is friendly and helpful, Prices are excellent for what you get. Nice to stay in a place that is fitting with the local culture, rather than a stereotype hotel from one of the large hotel chains.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul C
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest from Chicago,

I would like to take the opportunity in thanking you for reviewing your recent stay at Pachtuv Palace Prague.

It was with great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially your room; the location, our staff members, and that you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel. I will be more than happy to pass your valuable comments onto the team of Pachtuv Palace

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed here in the summer en route to viewing more of Europe. It is an old hotel which is comfortable but could be a little cleaner, the beds were OK and clean but it was a bit dusty in parts. We had a beautiful view of the Vlatava River which at the time was just recovering from the floods. The staff were all very nice and all spoke very good English. If you want a central hotel this is good. We did not eat there so I cannot comment on the food.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the front the view is super.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ellearedee
Dear Valued Guest from London,

I would like to take the opportunity in thanking you for having chosen the Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace as your Prague destination stay.

We very appreciate that you submit the review on Tripadvisor, thus making a contribution to our on-going effort to improve the services of our hotel. In this respect all comments from our guests are helpful to us. I discussed your comments with the housekeeping manager and all the necessary measurements were taken to prevent similar complaints in the future. Please know, this is definitely not our standard and I am terribly sorry you experienced lack of attention from the housekeeping side during your stay.

I am happy you overall enjoyed your stay and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at Pachtuv Palace soon,

With kindest regards,

PsyT
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I had pre-paid 3 nights stay at this hotel for my first trip to Prague. After arriving and starting the check-in process, the receptionist suddenly informed us that the hotel had a 'problem with water' and had to move us to their sister hotel Riverside which is over a mile away from this hotel and in an area highly inconvenient for tourists. If there really was a water issue why didn't the receptionist state that as soon as we showed up? Also why did another group of tourists check-in just before us? I can smell a scam. Since we had already pre-paid we pretty much had no recourse and had to go along with this plan. Be very wary of pre-paying your reservation with this hotel! I'm sure this hotel is fabulous but unfortunately I never got to experience it and I feel VERY cheated.

Room Tip: Do not pre-pay your reservation!
8 Thank PsyT
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Mrs. T,

I would like to deeply apologize for the issues with your stay at Pachtuv Palace.
At the day of your arrival we experienced a water issue in one wing of our hotel. The water emergency caused that several rooms were inhabitable. We did our best to remove the issue as soon as possible, but the cleaning afterwards took another few days. Therefore we were not able to accommodate you at our hotel and I am really sorry your stay was impacted by it. Since your reservation was for the deluxe suite and we didn’t have any available for that period, we were forced to transfer you to our sisters property. The group of guest you mentioned in your review had reservation for different category and since they were a group we were not able to split them and move only part of the group. I am sorry you got the feeling that we are being dishonest with you and making fake excuses. Please know, there is no reason to do so and we never like to relocate our guests for any reasons.

Your reservation was prepaid through the travel agency. In rare situations like this one we would definitely honor the refund if you decided to find a different hotel in closer location. Riverside hotel is located about 15 minutes walking distance from Pachtuv Palace, as we understood the location was the main reason why did you book our hotel, we offered you our hotel car complimentary transfer to the city centre and back on every day. To extend our apology we provided you the best riverside suite at our sister’s hotel with beautiful views, complimentary bottle of wine and also complimentary breakfast.

I am really sorry you were not happy with our hotel chain and awarded us with one star only. I wish we would have done more to make your stay more enjoyable. If you wish to discuss this issue further, please contact me anytime on my email ldagan at mamaison.com