“Great location, wonderful staff”
Review of Pachtuv Palace

Pachtuv Palace
Ranked #95 of 651 Hotels in Prague
Atlanta, GA
“Great location, wonderful staff”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I'm tardy getting this review done... We stayed in March 2013 for four fantastic nights. The location in Prague is perfect for exploring the city. Surrounded by stellar restaurants such as School and Bellevue, close to all the sites and shopping, we couldn't have done better in choosing a great hotel. On top of everything, the staff learned it was our 20th wedding anniversary and decorated our room with rose petals for our arrival, with Czech sparkling wine chilled and ready. You'll get a little flavor of old world Prague with period furniture but with modern amenities such as espresso maker, refrigerator, towel warmer, etc. When back in Prague, Mamaison is our go-to hotel.

Room Tip: Suites overlooking river and castle are roomy with great view. Forego breakfast in the hotel (very e...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest from Atlanta,

I would like to thank you for taking your time to share this positive feedback with other travelers here on the Tripadvisor. We highly appreciate it. I also thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your March stay in Prague.

We are very pleased that our hotel met your expectations and you enjoyed your visit so much. Thank you for comments regarding your satisfaction with your room and our staff members. We feel honored that you chose our hotel for such a special occasion of yours as the 20th wedding anniversary and I am happy you enjoyed our treatment.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in Pachtuv Palace during your future visit.

Lucie Dagan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Kempton Park, South Africa
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The hotel is beautiful. Was a bit difficult finding it from the tram stop but it was worth it. The staff was very friendly and extremely help full. The suites was very big and spacious and the views of the Castle and Charles Bridge was spectacular.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest from Johannesburg,

We all appreciate the positive comments you shared here on the tripadvisor with other travelers. Thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace.

I am happy to hear that our hotel met your expectations and you enjoyed your stay with us, especially your room, our friendly staff members and the views of the Prague Castle.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back when your future plans bring you to Prague again.

Lucie
Paris
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have read trip advisor"s advice before choosing the hotel as ever and was not at all disappointed by the fantastic situation of the hotel literally 1minute and 30 seconds from Charles Bridge! The place is spotless and there is a nice deco and garden and a second courtyard for the more expensive rooms in the old part of this little ancient palace, and that place should be very quite. I was surprised by my nice room too, spacious and spotless, with a small separated kitchen and a free coffee machine and boiler for tea. My rate was good as I reserved through a good booking service that did applied an extra 15% to their already good price to be so well situated. But... in a 5 stars hotel you do not wake up customers because they are still in their rooms at 1pm (not on checking out day) pretending the notice outside the door was "please make my room"...The room I had was in a corner on the first level and it was already noisy enough and I could not sleep very well even with double windows and ear plugs! There was constant vibrations coming from the street even if the tiny street on the side does not have much traffic but the main street in front is busy. I have also asked kindly if i could check out a little latter on checking out day (did not mean 5 o'clock but perhaps have 30 minutes more) and the guy at the reception gave me an abrupt "no sir it's impossible we are full tomorrow" with no manners at all :(
I understand the rush and if every customers would eask the same thing it would be impossible but at least be more courteous and say: "let me see if we could do something for you" even if it is not possible...on the all I am happy with the general comfort and situation of the hotel but not pleased with the service. Although I might use it again if I would get a different room but for this same rate! I understand there are rooms with a view that could not be offered with my kind of rate but they should be on upper floors or in the old palace part...There is also a nice gym well equipped especially for weight lifting (the other machines are not that professional) and unfortunately not even a tiny sauna.

Room Tip: No corner rooms and maybe better in upper floors to avoid vibrations. Ask for the view!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Readytrip
Dear Valued Guest from Paris,

I would like to thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your recent stay in Prague. Also thank you for sharing your comments with other travelers in the Tripadvisor community. We appreciate both, positive but also the constructive ones.

I am sorry your otherwise enjoyable stay was influenced by the lack of professional approach from the reception clerk. I will definitely make sure to discuss your comments with the front office manager and together ensure that similar incident will not happen in the future. It would be really helpful if you could contact me with the name of the person who did you speak to. Please accept my apology for the entire team and know this definitely is not our standard. We always do our best to satisfy our guests and if the availability allows we are happy to move the check-out time for hour or so at no charge. I regret to hear that you experienced different service and as you said, the situation should be handled differently as this most certainly is not a standard of a 5* hotel. The customer service has always been very important for us as you can see from the previous satisfactory comments of other travelers and we dearly cherish our guests.

On the other hand I am happy to hear that you very much enjoyed our location and the comfort of our hotel and are considering your return during your future stay.

We will be honored to welcome you back,

With Kindest Regards,

Iran
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Wow , wow , wow ! Maybe I should leave my review just there ! But for those who are more curious I'm going to continue . The location of the hotel is wonderful , near the Charles bridge and within walking distance of all the greatness of Prague . The moment you enter the hotel and the lobby ,the word " charming " strikes you .Beautiful decoration , charming and elegant by all means . We were greeted by the receptionist in the most warm and kind manner . They offered us a welcome drink and without even mentioning to us they upgraded us to a two bedroom apt in which a bottle of complimentary sparkling wine was awaiting us ! Every staff member was polite and helpful . The room was magnificent , great decor , wonderful ceilings with wooden poles , heavenly bathrooms a kitchenette and wonderful amenities . I cannot find a single reason for anyone on planet earth , not to love this hotel ! By staying at the mamaison I experienced the true spirit of Prague , felt good and experienced the best .

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Valued Guest from Iran,

I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your lovely comments with other travelers here on the Tripadvisor. We highly appreciate it. I also thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your Prague stay.

We are truly happy that you enjoyed your visit and that our hotel rooms with its furnishing and our staff members met your expectations. We are very honored that you speak so highly of us.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at Pachtuv Palace in the future,

With kindest regards from sunny Prague,

Minneapolis
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed here to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. Our room was upgraded to one with a view of the Charles Bridge and the river. It was well worth the price to have that view especially at night. The hotel staff were always very helpful and courteous. The room was wonderful from the crystal chandeliers to the little hidden kitchenette with the great coffee maker and other amenities. The restaurant staff was not as good as the hotel staff but that's is a separate review. Loved this place for its location, am meninges and service. Glad we were able to stay here. Not sure about an earlier reviewer's comments but there is an elevator that worked fine.

Room Tip: It is worth the upgrade to a view although the courtyard rooms would be equally as lovely.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guests from Minneapolis,

We all genuinely appreciate the positive comments you shared here on the tripadvisor with other travelers. Thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your stay in Prague.

We are happy you chose our hotel to celebrate such a special occasion as is your 10th wedding anniversary. I am pleased we managed to upgrade you to a higher category of room. It is always great to find out from our guests that we met or even exceeded their expectations.

Thank you for your comments regarding our staff members, I will definitely share your review with all of them.

I hope to welcome you back soon,

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This hotel, located right off the Charles Bridge, was perfect. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite, overlooking the Charles River. The room was beautiful, the location perfect, close enough for an easy walk to Old Town Square, but quiet enough to feel relaxed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nyctraveler12345_10
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest from New York City,

I would like to thank you for choosing Mamaison Pachtuv Palace for your recent stay as well as thank you for sharing your positive comments with other travelers.

We are happy to hear that our hotel met your expectations and that you enjoyed your room with the river view as well as our location.

We shall be pleased to welcome you back at our hotel in the future,

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here after getting engaged. We normally book chain hotels that we are familiar with e.g Hilton but decided to take a chance with this hotel! And we are so glad we did. We were in the attic room with view of Charles bridge! This wasn't a room it was an apartment! The bedroom was huge, the bath tub was huge and it had a lounge which again was huge.
We felt at home, and were treated very well by all staff! This hotel is close to all tourist attractions, we didn't eat back fast at the hotel but there is a lovely little cafe nExt door.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Amy S.,

I am very happy that you chose our hotel to celebrate your engagement. We are always very honored to be part of special occasions like yours. I would like to thank you for sharing your positive 5* comments with the Tripadvisor community.

It is great to know that we met your expectations and you enjoyed your room, our staff members and most importantly that you felt like home.

We are looking forward to welcome you back at Pachtuv Palace soon,