“Tasteful, helpful and beautiful. 5 star.”
Review of Pachtuv Palace

Pachtuv Palace
Ranked #96 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Melbourne
“Tasteful, helpful and beautiful. 5 star.”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The concierge were very helpful with tourist activities around Prague. The room had everything we could ask for. Worth paying a little extra to have such a great base in a good location in Prague. Close to everything, but a short walk away from the Old Square so not too noisy. Beautiful balcony overlooking the red rooftops of Prague.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cbrock93
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest from Melbourne,

Thank you very much for awarding us with a 5* review here on the Tripadvisor. Also thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your recent stay in Prague.

We are pleased to find out that your stay met your expectations and you enjoyed particularly our concierge services, your room and the hotel location.

I truly hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon,

Lucie Dagan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I do not where to begin.
The MaMaison Hotel Pachtuv Palace Hotel is beautiful in every way. Abundant art. Spacious and well decorated rooms and grounds. Meticulous! Clean! The location is ideal, perched on the river. The staff is amazing. I must add that I do not praise easily. I am a very fussy person about the hotels I stay at. I have high standards for room, location, cleanliness. Part of that comes from my years as Director of Training for An international hotel brand.
Special thanks to concierge Wendy Kropackova, who patiently and thoughtfully communicated with me for nearly one year while I planned this celebration adventure. I do not know where to begin or how to find the words that fully capture her professionalism, responsiveness, patience, and excellence. When we finally arrived, I felt like I was meeting a friend. And Wendy did not disappoint. We had a glorious room. A fabulous view. Wendy remained attentive and capable continuing to make recommendations and provide guidance for our stay. I will add that the entire staff, though I do not know their names, demonstrated similar qualities and professionalism.
Thank you MaMaison Pachtuv for making our first visit to Prague so memorable!

Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Maggie0203
Dear Valued Guest, Dear Maggie,

I would like to thank you for the positive comments regarding your recent stay at Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace. We are honored you chose our hotel for your stay in Prague.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your room and its views. I especially appreciate your feedback on our reception team and mainly Wendy. I have already shared your feedback with her and she was very flattered by your comments.

I am happy you had a memorable stay and I hope to welcome you at Pachtuv Palace again when your future plans bring you to Prague,

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I are long-time fans of the hotel chain Mamaison. So when we decided to get married in Prague, we chose the Mamaison. The Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace different from other hotels of the Mamaison in Prague with its majestic elegance and a perfect location. We have written to the hotel directly and booked three rooms for us and our parents. Arriving at the hotel on the 5th of March, we plunged into the atmosphere of warmth, comfort, friendliness. We were provided with gorgeous rooms (Deluxe suite and Junior Suite), elaborately decorated antique style, with a view of the Charles Bridge. Also we contacted with the restaurant manager, because we planned to organize a small stand-up meal before the Wedding. Manager Ales organized on the appointed day, March 8, a small stand-up meal at the highest level. Thank him very much! For a photoshoot on the Wedding day the staff of the Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace kindly provided us with Executive Suite. This is a magnificent Suite, believe me! After the official ceremony and dinner, a bit tired but happy we returned to the hotel. We were very surprise! The bedroom and bathroom were decorated with a slices of roses and a hearts of Czech glass! And, of course, a bottle of champagne with chocolates! Breakfast, service worthy of the highest praise! A special thank you to Kamila, Iveta, Wendy, Martina, all girls on the Reception! Thank you for making our stay in the Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace unforgettable!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anzhelika S
Dear Anzhelika,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay in Pachtuv Palace. We are always very honored when we can be a part of such a special day as the wedding of our guests. Thank you for choosing Pachtuv Palace for this occasion of yours.

I was very pleased to read your compliments regarding your rooms, the views and overall ambiance of the hotel. Least but not last I would like to thank you for the compliments regarding our staff members. I will pass your feedback onto them. They will be happy to hear that we made your special day even more special.

I hope to welcome you back soon…maybe on the first anniversary?:)

Have a wonderful day and thank you again for your recommendation,

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed June 10, 2013

A beautiful, perfectly located hotel with very unique rooms to choose from. We wanted a good view, but instead got AMAZING view! Right on the river and very walkable to just about wherever you want to go. All staff were professional, friendly and efficient. Being greeted with a glass of bubbly wine or water was appreciated after a long day of travel. We arranged through the hotel to have a driver pick us up at the airport, and that worked beautifully. Would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest from Arlington,

I would like to take this moment to thank you for sharing your 5* comment with other travelers here on the Tripadvisor. We appreciate that you chose Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your recent stay.

I was pleased to find out that we met your expectations and that you enjoyed especially the view and our staff members who you found to be professional, friendly and efficient. I will share your compliments with them.

Thank you for your recommendation and I hope to welcome you back at our hotel soon,

With Kindest Regards,

Kalamazoo, MI
Reviewed June 10, 2013

They made us feel welcome the moment we walked in the door. This is more like a residence than a hotel, the rooms were grand to say the least. They gave us a fantastic recommendation for dinner that turned out to be the best meal we had on our 10 day trip through Paris, Amsterdam and Berlin. It is steps from old town square and the Charles bridge so you CAN'T beat the location and the price was very reasonable. The staff were amazing, I would stay there again in a heartbeat...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chris P
Dear Valued Guest, Dear Chris,

Thank you very much for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace and also thank you for taking your time to share the compliments regarding your stay with other travelers.
I was so happy to hear that you felt welcome and that you enjoyed our staff who was helpful with recommendation of the restaurant. I will pass your compliments onto the entire team. Thank you for thinking so highly of our rooms and the location.

We appreciate your recommendation and hope to welcome you back soon,

With Kindest Regards,

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have stayed in Prague many times. Usually Hilton, Marriot etc... which are all fine hotels, but also somewhat faceless; rooms are comfortable, yet have no character and hardly change from country to country. In great contrast I have stayed in the Pachtuv Palace and absolutely loved it. My room was not so huge, but that didn't matter - it was warm and very comfortable with nice view of Vltava River over Charles Bridge. I really felt I was in a different country in luxurious surroundings. I immediately felt at home there.
In conclusion:
If you're a businessman wanting a business centre, conference rooms, huge reception area, bars, restaurants, 24 hour room service, this is maybe not the hotel for you. However, if you're looking for somewhere architecturally inspiring and different and intend to eat out in the many nearby restaurants and explore beautiful Prague this is a perfect hotel with lovely helpful staff.

Room Tip: If river view is important to you ask for room with this view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued guest from Oxford,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your comments with other travelers here on the Tripadvisor and also thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your stay in Prague.

I was very pleased to read your compliments as the individualized customer service as well as the home feel has always been our main aim. I am happy you recognized it and felt comfortable here. I will make sure to share your feedback with the reception staff which you found helpful and lovely. I am glad you enjoyed your room as well as its views.

I hope to welcome you back to Pachtuv Palace soon,

Park City, Utah
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I travel a great deal (leisure) all over Europe. I rarely purchase pre-paid, non cancelable reservations but when I do, it usually works out. In this case it was a disaster. I booked a River View Room for 3 people in a "suite" hotel. When we arrived we were told there wasn't a River View room available. I tried to negotiate but since they already had my money ($560 a night for 4 nights) I was stuck. We spent four days in a dark room with tiny windows, a comfortable bed and the most horrible bathroom (considering the price I was paying). The bathroom was small, with a bathtub and no shower curtain or glass partition. When you took a shower everything in the room got soaked (your towel, robe, toiletries, etc). There was no way around it except perhaps to take a bath (not convenient where there are 3 people sharing one bathroom). The floor of the bathroom obviously got soaked on a regular basis as there were black spots of mold (YUK) on the floor. One sink and hardly any counter space to put your few toiletries. This room was horrible but I had no choice as in this supposedly 5 star hotel because it was already paid for...what could I do? The location of the hotel is really nice (very near the Charles Bridge) and we enjoyed the restaurant (Amade) for one breakfast and one dinner (too wet to go anywhere else). LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the restaurant "Clear Head" right down the street (totally hip place for dinner - see my other review). I don't think of myself as the complaining type; however, this hotel is NOT 5 stars. And room 311 is a large 3 star accommodation. We did enjoy using the hotel staff drivers instead of taxi's and we were also driven to Passau (8 hour train ride versus a 3.5 hour car drive). I'm sure we paid a great deal of money for these services; however, the drivers were so nice you felt good about it.

Room Tip: Do NOT purchase a pre-paid, non-cancelable room reservation and avoid room 311 unless you want a lot...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank MiepGies
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Mrs. J.,

Thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel for your recent stay at Pachtuv Palace. Thank you very much for your feedback because all comments (not only the positive ones) from our guests are helpful and valuable for us.
I am very sorry to learn that some aspects of the stay of Mrs. & Mr. Sherman did not meet the usual standards of Pachtuv Palace and the quality of our hotel.

After reading your review I looked into the matter really closely and found out, your reservation through the Expedia was made for the Executive Suite without the view. I am not sure if there was any miscommunication between you and your travel agency regarding the view but I double checked the reservation details on the reservation form and it states “without the view”. Since our hotel was fully booked and the views were taken we unfortunately couldn’t provide you with such a room.

The cancellation policy on your Expedia reservation was 24 hour cancellation and the prepayment you mentioned was made to the travel agency, not directly to the hotel. Therefore if you felt like you wanted to cancel, you had the option after contacting your travel agency. The hotel was not holding your money in any way. I will be happy to send you the copy of a reservation form with the cancellation policy.

Since you travelled with your husband and your father also, we managed to provide you with the two bedroom suite for more comfort, instead of putting an extra bed in the executive suite. I am really sorry this room didn’t meet your expectations and you were unhappy. I wish you mentioned your issues with the bathroom during your stay so we could find a solution while you were in house. We do not provide a stand up shower in all the rooms and I regret the setup in this room was a burden for you. We do the deep cleaning in all the rooms after every departure and therefore I am shocked that you experienced mold issues in your room. I will definitely double check it and take all the necessary measurements to prevent similar issues in the future. It is definitely not a standard which should any five star hotel hold and therefore I apologize.

Thank you for the compliments regarding our location, Amade restaurant and our hotel drivers service. I am pleased to hear these areas met your expectations and I will forward your compliments among the team.

I will be more than happy to assist you further in this matter. Please contact me anytime on my email ldagan at mamaison.com