“Great option in Prague”

Ranked #92 of 670 Hotels in Prague
São Paulo
“Great option in Prague”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The location is absolutely perfect to explore the city. It is 150m to Charles Bridge that links the two most important areas for tourists: the castle and the center. So the hotel is within a 10 min walk to most of the interesting places. We felt quiet safe in the area at night.

We booked a Deluxe Suite with View. It has close to 80 square meters with a nice room, spacious bath (bath tub and shower separated), toilet and an enormous living room with spectacular views of the river and the castle. Nicely appointed and kept.

The staff is professional and helpful. I booked a car through the hotel to pick us up in the airport and back. Good service at reasonable price.

If ever coming back to Prague, would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a suite facing the river. The view is worthed.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest from Sao Paulo,

I would like to thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your stay in Prague and also thank you for sharing your comments with other travelers here on the Tripadvisor.

It is great to know that our hotel met your expectations and you enjoyed our location, room and views. I will forward your compliment onto the reception team as you were happy with their professional and helpful service. Thank you for using the hotel car for the transportation from the airport.

I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back when your future plans bring you to Prague again,

With kind regards,

Lucie Dagan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
La Quinta, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

This hotel is beautiful and elegant. The lobby alone was striking--we walked in and were welcomed by friendly staff sitting at inviting desks, rather than standing at stuffy counters. The check-in process was easy and we were provided with a city map and plenty of tips and recommendations on various Prague excursions. We stayed in a standard room (#403), which was located in its own little corner of the building overlooking the courtyard. The room had a cute little terrace with a table and chairs right outside the door. When we walked into the room, our first impression was that it was huge. It was basically a suite--the main part was the spacious bedroom that housed a king bed, bench, chair, table, TV (on top of a dresser), and numerous closets (more storage space than we knew what to do with), with a little kitchenette tucked away in the corner. The kitchenette was hidden inside a wardrobe, and it had a sink and stovetop, with a fridge and coffee/tea maker. The bedroom was connected to a tiny corridor that also linked the WC and shower--these rooms both had their own doors. The WC even had its own little sink. The shower (with L'Occitane toiletries) was in its own room with another sink.

The ambiance of the room was pure elegance, with a chandelier over the four-poster bed, regal burgundy-colored drapes, and velvet upholstery on the chairs and benches. The decor was almost Victorian-looking--very pretty and it felt like it embodied Prague. The bed was EXTREMELY comfortable, and we are definitely very picky about our beds! We also loved how the TV was linked to a camera that was on top of the hotel, and we would be able to see, in real time, what the views were like outside (mostly of Charles Bridge and Prague Castle) while listening to Mozart in the background.... so cool!

The hotel's location was excellent--just steps away from Charles Bridge, and a few-minutes walk to Old Town Square and Jewish Quarter. Wenceslaus Square was a bit further away, but still very walkable. There were several cafes and restaurants nearby also--the hardest part was just choosing a place.

A few flaws I wanted to point out: 1) Water will get all over the floor when you take a shower, as there is no shower door or curtain. There is just a small pane of glass that juts out from the wall as a barrier, but it's not nearly enough. They provided us with a mat but it also wasn't enough to soak up all the water that splashed onto the floor. I'm not sure why the shower was designed this way--maybe it's a European thing since we experienced this in Paris also? I can see how the design LOOKS nice, since the shower opens up to the room so it feels like the entire room is your shower, but for practical purposes, I wish they had a curtain or a door, or that the glass pane extended out a little further at least. 2) Some of our towels had little holes in them from obvious wear and tear... not that big of a deal for us, but I would probably expect a bit more from a hotel of this caliber. 3) Check-out process was a bit rough. We scheduled a driver to pick us up from the hotel at 6AM to take us to the airport, and he was already in the lobby waiting for us. When I went to the receptionist to check out, they were having computer issues and he wasn't able to check us out. As he was explaining the issue to us, a very RUDE patron came over and interrupted us, asking the receptionist to "just charge everything to his credit card" so he could leave... I guess he was waiting to be picked up too. When this person interrupted us, our receptionist got distracted and dropped what he was doing with us and just helped the other guy instead, and we had to wait even longer for him to finish helping the other RUDE guy first! After the rude guy left, the receptionist came back to help us, and the computer was still down. In the end, he just told us that he already had our credit card so if there were any additional charges, he would email us a receipt, and then he told us we could go. If this was the case, why couldn't he have just done this from the beginning? I didn't really like how the receptionist simply dropped his attention from us to help someone else who was so rude... we were the ones who were trying to catch a plane on time, and we were the ones who woke up and got there first. He should've just told the rude guy to hold his horses and wait his turn.

Ultimately, these issues above didn't really detract from our overall positive experience with this hotel--they were just things we happened to experience. We really loved the location, the room, and quality of this place, and we will always associate this hotel with our happy memories of Prague.

1 Thank CC0901
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest from La Quinta, California

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your review of your recent stay at Pachtuv Palace. We readily welcome both positive and constructive comments. I would also like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your Prague visit.

I was pleased to read your compliments regarding our reception staff and the check-in process as well as the compliments regarding your spacious room, its features, the L´Occitane cosmetics and the location. It is great to know we met your expectations in these aspects.

I was disappointed to find out about your dissatisfaction with the design of our shower. I must agree this design is very European and also agree it is not necessarily practical at all times. We have few different designs of the bathrooms where some have the curtain instead of the panel which you are describing. I hope this little flaw didn’t make your stay less enjoyable. I am shocked to read about the issues with our towels. It is very shameful that you received the towels with little holes into your room. I will personally discuss this complaint with the housekeeping manager and we will go through our entire inventory to make sure that damaged items will be thrown away and also do a training for all of our maids to prevent similar issue in the future. I would like to thank you for pointing it out to me.

Last but not least I would like to react on your check out comments. I apologize for the issue with the system but it is impossible to prevent fully these things from happening and I would like to thank you for your understanding. On the other hand the way our receptionist handled the whole situation was, based on your description, wrong and unprofessional. I definitely agree with you that your case should been handled first as you also came to the reception first. There is really no excuse for this and I will spoke to him in person to point out your complain as well as the better solution for the situation so he will manage similar customers better in the future.
It is great to know that the issues you described didn´t leave a bitter taste about our hotel and that you will keep happy memories for your stay in Pachtuv Palace. I definitely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed May 2012. Extremely romantic room overlooking the Charles Bridge - excellent restaurant nextdoor called Phoenix (spelling different) restaurant, walking distance to many of the sites and to Prague Castle. We had turndown service every evening and the hotel helped us with figure out train travel to Kutna Hora and arranged for a taxi to take us to the airport. The room alone is worth the stay - gauzy 4 posterbed - scenic full view of the castle - full bathtub, My husband and I live to travel, and I've been around the globe, and this hotel has been our favorite in all our travels together. Thanks Pachtuv Palace!

We love to go out to eat and La Republic is a long walk from the hotel but is a definite must. If you go to Kutna Hora definitely visit Dacicky for beer and Czech cuisine

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Charles Bridge
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest from Houston,

I would like to thank you for sharing your review regarding your stay at Pachtuv Palace with the Tripadvisor community. Also thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Prague. I was happy to find out that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you consider our Pachtuv Palace your favorite hotel in all your travels, it is a tremendous compliment for us and my team and I highly appreciate it.

I am pleased you enjoyed our central location, your room view as well as the restaurants in the neighborhood. I will pass your compliments onto the reception team who helped you with travel arrangements. They are very motivated with feedback like yours.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon,

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Pactuv Palace was my favorite hotel in the world in 2002. I came back recently and Mamaison Suite Hotel Pactuv Palace is still my favorite hotel in the world. It is the most beautiful hotel palace I've ever experienced. You are treated like a prince and/or princess by the staff from the moment you enter and to the moment you leave. The staff is most gracious and slightly odd, but this odd is good so good they become memorable and you will never forget them! No two rooms are the same and every room is beautiful. I prefer the high huge wood-beamed ceilings, more royal like and spacious. The rooms with the beautiful sitting lounge chair are grand, more like a king and/or queen feeling! The mini-kitchen is quite modern and sufficient with everything you need. I used it everyday. The toilet has it own room, the shower has it's own room, the closet is down the hall....if you don't mind the walking around it's perfect. The rooms with the views face Prague Castle. It started snowing when I arrived to Prague and when I opened the french windows the snow covered castle was magnificent and the cold air invigorating. The last of the hotels to have windows that open wide! I opened the window for the cold air to heal my sprained foot and it worked, the air was cold enough! I sprained my foot when I slipped down the stairs. Be careful, there is no lighting on the stairwell at night, take the elevator. This is the best hotel location in the city. I love walking over the Charles Bridge early in the morning, when the fishermen are out, or late at night, when the lovers are out! It is also close to town center where the best restaurants and shopping is located just a couple blocks away! After a of day touring, it's nice to come home and feel like a princess once more! I miss the white tablecloth, fine china breakfast in the courtyard and living area they once had, but the new restaurant is light and lovely and since an English Breakfast comes with the room, it is a good way to start the morning. I left Prague for a couple of days and upon returning to Pactuv Palace, there was a bottle of wine and chocolates waiting in the room welcoming me back. Lucie D, congratulations and a toast to you and your world-class staff! If ever in Prague, I will come back time after time after time! Thank you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest from Baton Rouge,

Thank you so very much for your warm words regarding your recent stay at Pachtuv Palace. I would also like to thank you for your loyalty which we treasure. I am happy to hear that you still think of us as your favorite hotel.

It is rewarding to read your compliments regarding our reception staff who made you feel welcome throughout your stay. We are thrilled to hear all your comments regarding your room, location and overall hotel feel. The location few steps from the Charles bridge is very convenient and I am happy you enjoyed your walks.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon and appreciate your business and feedback, which will certainly be passed along to the team.

Glencoe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

We were in town, for 4 days visiting our son who is studying in Prague. We must have had the most beautiful view in Prague, of the bridge and castle. We had a wonderful suite, where we could all visit, share a bottle of wine, and gasp at our view. It was a great location. The staff was very kind and gave helpful suggestions for local restaurants and some music. They were always available to call cabs, and or call the hotel car. It was the perfect spot. We are so happy we selected this hotel for our visit with our son. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

2 Thank Linda H
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest from Scotland,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at Pachtuv Palace. My team and myself are highly appreciative.

I am very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay in Prague while visiting your son. Thank you for compliments regarding the kind staff members, your guest room and the location.

It is great to know that you were happy with the selection of the hotel you made and truly hope to welcome you back when you return to Prague.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel is warm and welcoming with a friendly and professional staff. We had a beautiful suite, perfect for our family of 3, with an incredible view of the river, Charles Bridge and Prague Castle. The entire staff was very helpful and responsive, and gave us good suggestions for a variety of restaurants. The hotel breakfast buffet was lovely. And you can't beat the location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest from Philadelphia,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at Pachtuv Palace Prague. I appreciate your time taken to share your comments with other travelers.

I was happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay, especially our friendly and professional staff as well as your room and the hotel location.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at Pachtuv Palace soon.

Durham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights last week and fully enjoyed the stay. The Pachtuv Palace is superbly placed to see all the sights that Prague has to offer. We were able to walk everywhere from the hotel and were so close to the Charles Bridge. We had a deluxe double room, which looked onto the courtyard, giving us the quiet and private stay we wanted. Our huge room was very cosy and comfortable and we would recommend it to anyone visiting Prague.

Dear Sue from Durham,

I would like to thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your recent stay in Prague. Also thank you for taking the time to share your comments here on the Tripadvisor.

The whole team and I appreciate your compliments and we are happy that we could make your stay enjoyable. It is great to know that you enjoyed our location as well as your guest room.

I hope to welcome you back when your future plans will bring you back to Prague.