“Great location for short break”
Review of Pachtuv Palace

Pachtuv Palace
Ranked #96 of 649 Hotels in Prague
London, United Kingdom
“Great location for short break”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Booked this for a short weekend and would recommend it. Great location just a stones throw away from Charles Bridge. It was great to walk out straight onto the river front but it is close to several night clubs so not sure it would be very quiet in peak season! The road noise and stag groups passing by were quite noisey. We didnt opt for the breakfast as it was very expensive in comparison to local cafes and bakeries- as was the restaurant. Several local convenience stores to the left of the hotel if you need bottled water etc.

We did use the car service from the airport which was very efficient and although more expensive than the taxis from the rank was reliable and a really nice mercedes so cant complain!

The staff were very welcoming with a glass of sparkling wine. We couldn't tell if the staff were trying to sell us the local tours or just being overly helpful. But you will receive plenty of leaflets on tours etc!!

The room was a great size but a little run down/used condition. It looked really impressive but the quality of the finish was not as high as some luxury hotels we have visited. Loved the little chocolates on the pillow at night- really did make you feel at home.

Would recommend this hotel for its location alone

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest from London,

Thank you for recommending Pachtuv Palace to other travelers as well as thank you for the review which you recently posted on the Tripadvisor. We appreciate you chose our hotel among the others in Prague.

I was pleased to read your kind words regarding our staff members and warm welcome. I was disappointed to read that you found your room to be in a used condition. We are regularly maintaining all the rooms by general cleaning and general technical checks. I will check on the room you stayed in to see and our technician will do all the necessary to improve the quality of finishing.

Regarding the street noise I was little surprised you were disturbed by loud groups on the streets. In all rooms we have double glass windows to prevent it and I don’t usually receive complains regarding the noise from our guests. I am sorry if your stay was distracted by it.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed overall service and the location, as well as the turn down service with the chocolate on the pillow.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in Prague and our hotel soon,

Lucie Dagan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We walked into a warm welcome with friendly staff and a glass of champagne and a complimentary upgrade to a beautiful suite. the hotel is lovely. clean. gorgeous views and fantastic location. the staff were so professional and polite including the driver who took us to the airport. highly recommend this hotel to my own friends and family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest from The Peach State,

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay mainly because of the warm welcome and overall friendliness of our staff members as well as you enjoyed the location and your suite with its views.
I will also pass your compliments on our driver. I am happy you enjoyed our hotel limousine service.

Thank you for your recommendations and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you, your friends or family at Pachtuv Palace soon.

Scotland
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The Hotel is ideally located right beside the Charles bridge and a few minutes from the Old town.
The Hotel itself is quite luxurious massive rooms, a massive 4 poster comfy bed large bath and shower room a nice touch is every night a Hotel staff member closes the curtains and turns the bed down and leaves chocolates at the bedside well the wife's liked that. Big fridges and tea and coffee facilities could not ask for anymore.
Onto the staff they are very polite and helpful and make you feel welcome as soon as you enter the Hotel. Before I went I was emailing the Hotel and to be fair they emailed right away and answered my questions. Not a single complaint about this Hotel at all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest from Scotland,

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Pachtuv Palace Prague. We appreciate you chose our hotel among all the others.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and were satisfied with your room and its facilities, as well as our staff members which you found polite and helpful.

We all hope to welcome you back at our hotel soon,

Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Pachtuv Palace offers a nice warm welcome; with friendly reception staff to greet you and a glass of sparkling wine on arrival! Reception is manned 24 hours a day and the staff there are more than happy to help with any arrangements (tours, taxis, even help with airlines if you get stuck like I did!). The room itself was opulent, spacious and clean with a nice big bathroom and lovely toiletries! There was also air conditioning so you can set the temperature to suit you and free wifi in your room. In terms of location, I would really recommend this hotel; just across the way from the Vltava River you need only walk a couple of minutes to get to the Charles Bridge and a short walk in the other direction leads you to Old Town Square...If I were returning to Prague in the future, I would certainly look to book here again!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 302; unfortunately no view from this room but I believe some rooms have a view of t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest from Solihull,

Many thanks for your positive feedback and for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your recent stay in Prague.

I appreciate your kind comments regarding our reception staff, as well as room, toiletries and room features. I am happy that you enjoyed our central location right by the Charles Bridge.
I definitely hope to welcome you back during your future visit in Prague. Please see our webpage for the special rates and offers.

Have a great day,

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Clearly, one of the best hotels, we have experienced. Luxurious rooms, cleaningess, location. Everything was perfect! It doesn't look like hotel at all. Very personal staff attitude, reception and everything else make you feel as you are at home, and a luxurious one!

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at Pachtuv Palace with other travellers. I also thank you for choosing our hotel.

I was pleased to read your compliments regarding the rooms, location and personal staff attitude. I am happy you felt like home here. I will definitely pass your compliments onto the team.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon,

Silicon Valley, CA
Reviewed March 28, 2013

MaMaison has several location in Prague; within blocks of the Charles Bridge, minutes from the Old Town Square, the Pachtuv Palace is in a perfect setting for a first visit to Prague. If you get disoriented in direction, just follow one of the many walking tours, and you'll end up either at the Bridge or the Astrological Clock.
Entering the hotel, the lobby appears as a lovely living room -comfortable conversation seating areas, displaying beautiful artwork by local artists - glasswork, jewelry, bronze statuary. The reception/concierge staff is at the far end of the parlor; checking in is simple, and friendly. Having reserved our trip through Classic Vacations, our stay included daily breakfast and welcome cocktail (missed that), and, they upgraded us to an executive suite! But, the upgrade was wasted on us; even though the elevator goes to the 4th floor, the suite on the 5th floor required an extra run up the stairs to the living area, and another flight of stairs to the sleeping area and shower room. Live many European venues, the W/C is split from the shower - a plus in my book, but not when it's down the flight of stairs. They graciously moved us to a junior suite, that was spacious, quiet, cozy and still filled with turn-of-the-century charm. Plenty of room for unpacking your clothes, lots of outlets to plug in chargers, decent hair-dryer, plenty of hot water, really comfortable beds. Both rooms required some ducking to miss the exposed ceiling beams; not a problem, either an asset or a flaw, depending on your viewpoint; me, I thought it charming.
Each room has individual Wi-Fi; easily accessible throughout the hotel and dining room.
Cross the port-cochere for access to the dining room; the breakfast buffet offered a good variety, and of excellent calibre. (Embassy Suites variety, infinitely better quality of food: fresher, pastries crispy, bread wonderful) -- fresh fruit, cheeses, cold cuts, wonderful breads, eggs to order on request, cereals, coffees, teas, juice; staff was really helpful and gracious.
All in all, a fine location, a boutique feeling hotel with lots of charm; lovely courtyard, great breakfast and quiet retreat in the heart of tourist attractions of Prague.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank dappledsunlight
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest from California,

I appreciate your time you took to share your comments regarding your recent stay at Pachtuv Palace with other travelers here on the Tripadvisor. I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your Prague visit.

It is a pleasure to find out that you were satisfied with your stay especially with our service, sleeping quality, room features and location. I was also pleased to find out you enjoyed our breakfast and the service at the restaurant. I will make sure to share your lovely comments with all the staff members.

As you granted us 4* I was wondering if there was something else we could have done differently to make your stay more enjoyable? You can share it with me directly at ldagan at mamaison com.
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Kent
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Arrival a glass of sparkling wine. The room was large and lovely views of the river. Great location and Prague is lovely.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Room cleaned daily. Would I recomend this hotel - certainly enjoy.

• Stayed March 2013
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest from UK, Dear Jeanne,

I appreciate your time you took to share your comments regarding your recent stay at Pachtuv Palace.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, especially your room, its views and our friendly staff members. I will pass your comments among the entire team.
Thank you for your recommendation.

I am looking forward to welcome you back at Pachtuv Palace soon!