Smetana Hotel
$284
$232
Preferred Hotels
1,553 results
All reviewspachtuv palacecharles bridgefour poster bedold townmini kitchenriver viewbedroom suiteprague castleperfect locationbeautiful hotelcoffee machineseparate toiletthe hotel staffhigh ceilingssitting roomturn down serviceacross the river
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Just spent a wonderful week in Prague. Pachtuv palace was a great place to stay. The hotel had great charm, a large quiet room and friendly and attentive staff. The room was beautifully warm - it was cold in Prague. The location was perfect for walking - it was within an easy walk of all the historic sites. It also had excellent tram service right outside the door. Strongly recommend.

Room Tip: Our room did not have a view and was very quiet. Rooms in the front of the hotel looked out on the Charles Bridge and river. The street in front of the hotel has a lot of traffic.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lucie D, General Manager at Smetana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Valued Guest from San Francisco,

I sincerely appreciate your comments which you shared with other travelers here on the Tripadvisor. Thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your recent stay in Prague.

I was very pleased to read your compliments regarding the room and our reception staff which you found friendly and attentive. We always strive to achieve the highest level of customer service and I am happy to hear you had great experience.

I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back at our hotel on the future occasion,

With kind regards from Prague,

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I visited the Mamaison Pachtuv Palace for a long weekend in early December 2012 to visit the Christmas markets in Prague, and the stay was very much divided in two.

The hotel itself is perfectly located, just a 5 minute walk from the Charles Bridge and no more than 10 minutes to the Old Town Square. We opted to pay a little extra for an upgrade when we arrived and it was well worth it - our room was lovely, with a four poster bed, a huge bathroom and, best of all, a lovely view of the bridge and Prague Castle.

For the first couple of days, our stay was perfect - the hotel reception was beautifully decked out with its Christmas decorations and the staff were very courteous and friendly. However, for the last couple of days the hotel reception was totally taken over by filming of a movie or TV show - it was absolute chaos, with filming equipment and crew everywhere. We felt as though we weren't allowed through reception or to speak when we were passing through, and when we came to check out we couldn't even get down the stairs with our luggage because it was so cluttered with equipment. We had to wait for our driver to arrive and had to sit in the corner of the reception area in total silence for half an hour while filming took place.

I was really disappointed that the hotel didn't see fit to forewarn us either when we checked in or at any point during our stay that there would be filming taking place and the reception area would be, to all intents and purposes, out of bounds for guests. Whilst this was quite a specific issue and won't affect the majority of guests, it was a poor piece of customer service from the hotel, and for the price we paid I expected better. I would have given the hotel a higher overall rating otherwise.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lucie D, General Manager at Smetana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Valued Guest from London,

I sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, we readily welcome both positive and constructive comments. I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your comments with the Tripadvisor community and also thank you for your stay in December 2012.

Whilst I am pleased to read your compliments regarding our hotel, location and the courteous and friendly hotel staff, I felt sorry to learn about your disappointment with the filming crew at the reception. I understand the three days of filming were an inconvenience for our guests as well as the reception staff. The information flyer was placed at the reception and we also attached the information about filming into the guest suggestions placed into the rooms upon the turn down service every day. I apologize if the information regarding the filming was not communicated to you in a clear way upon your arrival and am sorry for the caused inconvenience.

However, I truly hope you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, thank you for your remarks and I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in Mamaison Hotel Pachtuv Palace on a future occasion.

With my Best regards,

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I spend 3 days in Prague during March 2013. Excellent hotel, excellent and friendly staff. very quiet room and hotel. Also staff who speak Spanish. Breakfast buffet is excellent (surcharge) . Very good location. 200/300 meters from Charles Bridge. Very near from the Clock... Excellent wi fi internet in the room.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lucie D, General Manager at Smetana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Marcelo from Brasil,

many thanks for taking your time to share your comments regading your recent stay at Pachtuv Palace. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, especially our staff members, room, location and free wi-fi in the room.

I will personaly give your word of appretiation to our staff members as well.

Thank you again and we all hope to welcome you back at Pachtuv Palace soon!

Have a great day,

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I visited Prague with my girlfirend and had an amazing time, we stayed at the mamaison for 3 nights and enjoyed it very much.

We were given a suite on a top floor located in the courtyard, our views were amazing as we could see prague bridge. Hotel staff were frienldly and we were offered complintary drinks on arrival.

The hotel itself is very old calssic looking and has a luxury feel to it.

There is a gym in the hotel wich was a bonus.

The location of the hotel is great and very central to all local attractions.

I would defiantely reccomend this hotel and is great place for couples to stay

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lucie D, General Manager at Smetana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Tyler,

I was very pleased to read your compliments regarding your stay at Pachtuv Palace which who shared with other travelers here on the Tripadvisor. I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your three night stay.

It is great to hear you enjoyed your suite on the top floor and its wonderful views of the Vltava river. I am very appreciative of your positive comments regarding our staff members who made you feel welcome since the beginning.

Thank you for your recommendations and I truly hope to welcome you back soon.
Have a great day,

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had the pleasure to stay at your hotel 13-17 of march 2013. The room was excellent, and the staff was very serviceminded and really stood up for a good service.I forgot my creditcardkeeper in the hotelroom, and I phoned the hotel when I was at the airport, they imidietaly located my creditcardkeeper, and sendt it to the airport so I could return at home with all my creditcards. That was very good service. We can really recomend this hotel for other couples.
We have aleready decided that we will return to Prague and this hotel at our next vacations. And when its only 2 min away from the Charles bridges, it is very central located.

1  Thank trondert

Dear Valued Guest from Oslo,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite hotel Pachtuv Palace for your four day stay in Prague.

I am pleased to read your compliments regarding the room and the staff members. It is always very rewarding to hear our guests are happy with the our service. I am happy we managed to deliver your credit cards on time to you so you didn’t have to leave without them.

We are all looking forward to welcome you back at Pachtuv Palace soon,

Sincerely