“Excellent views, great location, great value.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pachtuv Palace

Pachtuv Palace
Ranked #98 of 670 Hotels in Prague
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent views, great location, great value.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

This was our second visit, the first being in Feb 2011. We want for the same room in the same hotel as it was excellent in every way last time. We had the Executive Suite (room 209) which is nowhere near executive prices compared with other European Cities. The bedroom was large with a separate lounge. Both rooms had a great view to the cable and river. The room was quiet and with triple glazing it was plenty warm enough and we could hardly hear the passing traffic. Staff on reception were very helpful. My only negative relates to breakfast which fortunately we hadn't paid for in advance. We went down on the first morning to the Armande Restaurant and found a few pieces of fruit and rolls. No sign of hot food and no juice of any sort. We were offered tea or coffee but had to ask for juice. There was no explanation of what hot options there were. The restaurant itself is a bit soulless. I can only assume we got a grumpy waitress! On the next 2 days we bought rolls, jams and juice and enjoyed breakfast in our lounge looking across the river to the castle. The room has tea making facilities and a small electric hob so it's easy to make a breakfast yourself. Despite the breakfast I rate this hotel highly and regard it as good value and recommend it highly.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a view to the cases and river.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your valuable review with other travelers here on the Tripadvisor. I would like to also thank you for your recent visit in Prague and choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel for your stay.

I was pleased to read your comments regarding your room and the reception staff. I will make sure to forward your kind words onto them.

Whilst I am pleased to read your compliments regarding our hotel and the hotel staff, I am sorry that the breakfast didn’t meet your expectations. Rather than issue in the offer of our breakfast where you can order all standard breakfast items I find your experience as a lack of professionalism on the service side. The fact that the offer wasn’t communicated to you is the biggest mistake I see. I already discussed your feedback with the restaurant owner who will take all the necessary measurements in employee training to make sure to avoid similar misunderstanding in the future and increase the satisfaction of our guests.

Thank you again and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you at Pachtuv Palace soon,

Lucie Dagan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I don't know where to start! My fiance's and I just returned from our very first trip to Prague. I'm not sure what we loved the most - the perfect perfect location, the lovely and gracious staff, or the views from and comfort of our junior suite. Especially for a first trip to Prague, you can't beat the location of this hotel. Not only were we in close walking distance to all the major sights, we had views of all of these major sights from all three gorgeous windows of our suite. However, our favorite aspect of this location was that just down all the quiet winding streets and alleyways in the other direction felt so local, so quaint, perfect for us -from little cafes (The Standard Cafe and Bistro 19!), bars (Hemingway Bar!, The Blues Bar, brew pubs), restaurants (brew pubs, underground cavernous modern Architects, etc), lesser-know tourist sites. We had it all! Of course, we also were so welcomed by the staff - we arrived in sleet and snow and felt warmed immediately - by the lovely lobby and seating area and of course the gracious helpfulness of the check in attendant (who upgraded us!) and valet who showed me around the whole hotel (the gym is perfect! - and the grounds we can imagine would just be great in the summer, great seating areas set off the street, courtyards, etc) and of course all staff were enthusiastic concierges. We did not have breakfast included in our rate so we did not try Amade, but would have if we had more time. Again, just a few blocks in any direction will guide you to heart and soul warming food, beer, etc. The room was just gorgeous and so very comfortable - immaculate, spacious, with all amenities (free wi-fi, laundry bags, toiletries, a kitchenette, coffee, tea, etc) and of course we felt like royalty in the suite. We'd definitely stay here on a return trip.

Room Tip: The room with the view of the river is perfectly quiet even overlooking the street. We had a junior...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank chi2nola
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I sincerely appreciate your very nice comments about our hotel, you left here on the Tripadvisor. I would like to thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your recent stay in Prague.

I am happy to found out we met your expectations and you and your fiancée enjoyed your stay with us. Especially thank you for comments on our staff, I will definitely forward your kind words onto them.

I hope to have an opportunity to welcome you both back soon! Prague is wonderful in Spring

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stay at this hotel often as I have business in Prague. Always have a beautiful room! Staff isn great, helpful, always smiling and very accomodating. The rooms are all unique, stylish, clean with an oppulent feeling. Highly reccomended!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great! Ask for a free upgrade o junior suite if not a busy period:)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Mr. Vasilios,

thank you very much for your positive comments here on the Tripadvisor as well as choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your recent stay in Prague. It is always pleasure to welcome you back.

It is great to know our hotel met your expectations and you are satisfied with our staff members as well as the location and cleanliness of the rooms.

I hope to welcome you back soon,

Europe
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I'll start from the top... the location is great! Right by the Charles Bridge and everything you want a short walk away.

The room (junior suite) was an apartment looking room with a kitchenette and two separate bathrooms, one with a toilet and the other with a bath/shower... great looking, but some loose fixtures gave the bathrooms a "cheap feel".

The hotel is a big hotel with a wonderful atmosphere, a great garden on the inside to relax in. The walk in to the hotel, was not as great! The reception/lobby did not give me the 5* luxury feel I expected.. the front desk was a standard desk set in the inner corner, two small chairs and not one single place to put neither my wallet or my welcome-drink!! The receptionist was not a smily person, the check-in was brief and cold... the same for the people handling our luggage!

Having received no info about breakfast, we walked down the following morning and entered the restaurant, here there was no one greeting us, and no info... and it also seemed that it was a mix of hotel guest and other people, no breakfast-feel.

I would like to mention the driver who transported ut from and to the airport, was a pleasant young man... nothing bad there!

So overall it was a mediocre experience, not quite able to make up my mind.. the room and location would be the key points for my return. The one thing I think Mamaison Pachtuv lacked, was the warmth you get from other 5* hotels, this due to parts of the staff.

Thanks!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TheFineFoodie
Dear Mr. A.,

I highly appreciate your candor and honesty in reviewing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace on the Tripadvisor.

I sincerely apologize for a less than perfect stay with us, and I already look at and evaluate your remarks regarding the staff attitude. The behavior you received it definitely not our standard as you can see in many other reviews and I am disappointed you were not treated the way you deserved. I also apologize for the loose fixtures in the bathroom, our technician has already repaired all the necessary mistakes that should not happen.

All in all, I personally do hope your experience will not deter you from choosing Mamaison Riverside Hotel on a future occasion where we would be more than honored to prove you increased level of service and focus on guest satisfaction.

I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay here. Lovely room (309). Staff were really helpful, booked a car to and from the airport and also helped with a dinner reservation. Clean and spacious room with the most fantastic view of the Charles bridge and the castle. Would highly recommend this hotel. Thank you for making our stay so special!

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your recent stay at Pachtuv Palace. Your kind words mean a lot to all of us. I am happy you have enjoyed your stay and our team members made you feel special. That has always been our main aim and I am glad you had great experience with us.

I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon,

New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed at the Mamaison PachTuv Palace for 2 nights and could not have been more pleased. We were welcomed by reception with a glass of champagne and that certainly set the tone for how the hotel treats its guests. This place is all about service and attention to detail.
As for the rooms, they are truly suites and all are unique; extremely large living room, large bedroom and seperate toilet from the bath (both tub and standing shower)

The service is what sets this place apart (one of our friends was sick and we needed a dr and that was arranged quickly by the hotel - AT MIDNIGHT!) I recomend also using the hotel car instead of using taxis with the potential of getting ripped off, our driver was punctual and prices were fair and consistent.

The hotel is right by Charles bridge with awesome views of prague castle and nearby old town and the astronomical clock.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your recent stay in Prague.

Our main aim has always been very proffessional but very personable service. I am so happy to hear your kind comments and will share them with the team. They are always pleased and motivated with positive reviews like yours.

We all will be looking forward to welcome you back at Pachtuv Palace soon,

Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Find this hotel 200 m far from Charles Bridge with fantastic rooms with a nice view of Prague Castle. Very good restaurant Amade and very cosy garden inside.

A cultural and architectural Prague landmark in its own right, and with 50 richly decorated rooms and suites, the luxury Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace is the closest hotel to Charles Bridge in the centre of Prague. It offers excellent personal service and historic, romantic accommodation in the heart of the city.

Room Tip: Rooms in four categories, wide choice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

thank you for your recent stay at Pachtuv Palace and also thank you for your positive review here on the tripadvisor.

I is always a pleasure to hear that our guests are happy with our hotel, the room and the services.

I will pass your comments to the team.

I hope to welcome you back soon