“Location, Location, Location”

Ranked #90 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Europe
“Location, Location, Location”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I'll start from the top... the location is great! Right by the Charles Bridge and everything you want a short walk away.

The room (junior suite) was an apartment looking room with a kitchenette and two separate bathrooms, one with a toilet and the other with a bath/shower... great looking, but some loose fixtures gave the bathrooms a "cheap feel".

The hotel is a big hotel with a wonderful atmosphere, a great garden on the inside to relax in. The walk in to the hotel, was not as great! The reception/lobby did not give me the 5* luxury feel I expected.. the front desk was a standard desk set in the inner corner, two small chairs and not one single place to put neither my wallet or my welcome-drink!! The receptionist was not a smily person, the check-in was brief and cold... the same for the people handling our luggage!

Having received no info about breakfast, we walked down the following morning and entered the restaurant, here there was no one greeting us, and no info... and it also seemed that it was a mix of hotel guest and other people, no breakfast-feel.

I would like to mention the driver who transported ut from and to the airport, was a pleasant young man... nothing bad there!

So overall it was a mediocre experience, not quite able to make up my mind.. the room and location would be the key points for my return. The one thing I think Mamaison Pachtuv lacked, was the warmth you get from other 5* hotels, this due to parts of the staff.

Thanks!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheFineFoodie
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Mr. A.,

I highly appreciate your candor and honesty in reviewing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace on the Tripadvisor.

I sincerely apologize for a less than perfect stay with us, and I already look at and evaluate your remarks regarding the staff attitude. The behavior you received it definitely not our standard as you can see in many other reviews and I am disappointed you were not treated the way you deserved. I also apologize for the loose fixtures in the bathroom, our technician has already repaired all the necessary mistakes that should not happen.

All in all, I personally do hope your experience will not deter you from choosing Mamaison Riverside Hotel on a future occasion where we would be more than honored to prove you increased level of service and focus on guest satisfaction.

I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon,

Lucie Dagan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay here. Lovely room (309). Staff were really helpful, booked a car to and from the airport and also helped with a dinner reservation. Clean and spacious room with the most fantastic view of the Charles bridge and the castle. Would highly recommend this hotel. Thank you for making our stay so special!

• Stayed January 2013
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your recent stay at Pachtuv Palace. Your kind words mean a lot to all of us. I am happy you have enjoyed your stay and our team members made you feel special. That has always been our main aim and I am glad you had great experience with us.

I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon,

with kind regards,

New Jersey
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed at the Mamaison PachTuv Palace for 2 nights and could not have been more pleased. We were welcomed by reception with a glass of champagne and that certainly set the tone for how the hotel treats its guests. This place is all about service and attention to detail.
As for the rooms, they are truly suites and all are unique; extremely large living room, large bedroom and seperate toilet from the bath (both tub and standing shower)

The service is what sets this place apart (one of our friends was sick and we needed a dr and that was arranged quickly by the hotel - AT MIDNIGHT!) I recomend also using the hotel car instead of using taxis with the potential of getting ripped off, our driver was punctual and prices were fair and consistent.

The hotel is right by Charles bridge with awesome views of prague castle and nearby old town and the astronomical clock.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your recent stay in Prague.

Our main aim has always been very proffessional but very personable service. I am so happy to hear your kind comments and will share them with the team. They are always pleased and motivated with positive reviews like yours.

We all will be looking forward to welcome you back at Pachtuv Palace soon,

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Find this hotel 200 m far from Charles Bridge with fantastic rooms with a nice view of Prague Castle. Very good restaurant Amade and very cosy garden inside.

A cultural and architectural Prague landmark in its own right, and with 50 richly decorated rooms and suites, the luxury Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace is the closest hotel to Charles Bridge in the centre of Prague. It offers excellent personal service and historic, romantic accommodation in the heart of the city.

Room Tip: Rooms in four categories, wide choice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

thank you for your recent stay at Pachtuv Palace and also thank you for your positive review here on the tripadvisor.

I is always a pleasure to hear that our guests are happy with our hotel, the room and the services.

I will pass your comments to the team.

I hope to welcome you back soon

with kind regards,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 23, 2013

It's a perfect place to stay. Location brilliant. It's a warm and cosy hotel, I say this because we stayed in January, and it's winter in Prague and some of time it was snowing. So lovely coming back there, after a day sight seeing. We had a junior suite with the view,you pay extra for this, but it's the only way to go. How magic it was, entering the room and seeing through the windows the Castle and St. Vitus cathedral lit up, with the river in front. You could just kick off your shoes,put up your feet, open a bottle of wine and take in the view.The room had a little kitchen area, hidden away in a cupboard, with a fridge, a coffee machine and sink and a two burner hot plate. In the morning we would make our coffee and eat our croissants we had brought. Each day the Hotel provided your coffee ,sugar and milk, if you needed more it was sent up immediately. They had a turn down service in the evenings, with a little chocolate for you both. In the bathroom, the best heated towel rails of all time. Wash anything, it would be dry in half an hour. The linen was changed every second day, the towels daily. The limousine service was brilliant and cheap, and lastly yes, they do have room service and also a restaurant. Couldn't ask for more.

Room Tip: You have to have a room with a view. It's worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lily387
Dear Guest,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for all your compliments and for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your recent stay in Prague.

Our main aim is to achieve very personable servis on the highest level and I am happy we were successful in our effort. I am glad you have enjoyed your room, complimentary coffe and tee service as well as a little chocolate for good night.

I appreciate you think so highly about our hotel and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

with kind regards to Australia,

Virginia
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We chose this hotel because of the location which was as promised- extremely convenient to Charles Bridge and other Prague city locations- and fabulous views. Unfortunately, we did not get the complimentary upgrade that many folk enjoyed, but the view from the room that we paid to step up to was incomparable and worth the splurge. What was disappointing was the fact that the staff was nowhere near as helpful or pleasant as other previous reviewers had noted or experienced. In fact, our friend who was a local guide, remarked to us how rude and curt the reception staff had been to her. We observed the staff informing another guest that there where no tickets available for any concerts that weekend when we had just checked ouselves and found several venues open for which we eventually purchased tickets. Our room was spacious and well appointed but was so hot that we had sleep with all the windows open in January. Repeated requests to the staff for an adjustment in thermostat were met with promises but never any resolution. Perhaps they've had a recent change in staff because when we booked our room, we did engage with very friendly and helpful staff. Go figure!

Room Tip: If you are willing to pay a premium (or you are lucky enough to be deemed worthy by the staff for an...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at Pachtuv Palace and for posting your review on the Tripadvisor.
I would like to deeply apologize that our hotel failed to meet your expectations. We aim to achieve the highest level of services for our guests and therefore we are very sorry to hear about the lack of attention provided from our side. I was not present to the situation you are describing so it is difficult to react on it. Our reception sells tickets to many places here in Prague and maybe the guests needed tickets for a different venue but that is only my assumption. Our staff members didn’t change for quite some time and we do have a stable team. I apologize you didn’t have a good experience.

I am happy to hear you have enjoyed your room and its beautiful views directly. If the occupancy allows we usually try to allocate the guests in upgraded room but unfortunately it is not always possible.

I know it will not change your experience but please know I really regret that you were disappointed with your stay. If you decide to come back to Prague and give us one more chance, I would like to offer you free upgrade to an executive suite with the view.

Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed January 20, 2013

From the driver who picked us up at the airport to the reception staff and housekeeping, the service was very professional and welcoming. We were upgraded to a large suite with a balcony and a postcard view of the Vlatva River, Charles Bridge and Prague Castle. The fruit plate we had ordered for our arrival was generous and fresh. In addition, we had mentioned that we were celebrating our 25th anniversary, so they also sent a bottle of champagne and personal card. Very nice touch. Were surprised by nice mini-kitchen with kettle and coffee/tea service. Couldn't ask for better location. Within a ten minute walk of Charles Bridge, the Jewish Quarter and Old Town Square. Tram runs right in front of hotel. Restaurant is not bad if you don't feel like going out some night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking your time to leave the comment for Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv. I would also like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Prague.

I was pleased to read your compliments regarding our staff members and the room. I am glad we achieved your expectations.

We’re always happy when someone chooses to stay at our hotel. And we’re downright honored when you choose to spend a day as special as your Anniversary with us. The bottle of champagne was the least we could do.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at Pachtuv Palace soon,

with kind regards from Prague,