We booked a long weekend in Prague in September 2012. We went on the Saturday and left on the Tuesday. We stayed at the Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace Hotel for 2 nights.
When we arrived at the hotel from the airport, we had a lovely warm welcome form the lady at reception (Martina). She asked us if we wanted a drink and offered tea, coffee, water, or sparkling wine. We chose the sparkling wine and sat down to check in. It was all very civilised and stress-free at that point. The receptionist then gave us the bad news...there was a problem with our room, which meant that we had to spend the night at another hotel (their sister hotel). She said that they will fix the problem by the afternoon of the following day. She apologised profusely, and said that she will give us a free upgrade for the inconvenience. We had booked a junior suite, and she was going to upgrade us to an executive suite on our return. She also organised for a car and driver to take us to the other hotel, which was quite far from the main sights, and in the other side of town. She did acknowledge that we had booked the original hotel because of its location, right by Charles Bridge, and the Old Town. We are quite easy going, so we didn't make a fuss and relished the thought of getting an upgrade our return!
So, our first night was spent at Hotel Le Palais Prague. It was a great hotel, and I will write a review for them. Back to Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace Hotel. When we returned on the following afternoon, we were shown to our lovely executive suite. It was huge! We didn't know what to do with all the space. There were two double bedrooms, each with an en-suite bathroom. There was also a large sitting/dining area, and kitchenette with a fridge and cooker hob etc. Not only had they upgraded us to a great suite, with our own doorbell(!), but they had also left a small bottle of wine and some chocolates on the table for us. We were blown away by it all. They had really gone to a lot of trouble to make it up to us. We would definitely stay here again.
The suite was fantastic, and clean. The beams in the bathroom are a little low, especially the ones over the shower, so watch your head when having a shower. Also, the plaster on the windowsill next to the shower in one of the bathrooms is starting to peel off, but that's not a big issue and can easily be sorted.
The staff at the hotel were very nice and friendly and helpful. The manager at the restaurant where breakfast is served is less so. (I will write a separate review for the breakfast).
We had a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pachtuv Palace is located in a prime location in the heart of the city and is closely linked with great names of the music world like Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, ancient and contemporary celebrities. Steps away from Charles Bridge, within easy walking distance to all major landmarks of the Prague. Pachtuv Palace provides an average room size of 65 sqm, fantastic views, air-conditioning, kitchenettes, free internet, fitness room, in-room massages and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, TravelClick and Jetsetter so you can book your Pachtuv Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mamaison Pachtuv Palace Prague
- Mamaison Pachtuv Palace Hotel Prague