“simple, but good”
Review of Hotel Svornost

Hotel Svornost
Ranked #478 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Traveling to Prague and booking this Hotel was the best idea for our first holidays with baby. The staff is very kind and the food very good. We felt very well and safe. Our baby slept very well in the babybed. It's easy to reach the centre.
Only the train is very loud in the night when the windows are open.
By the way... thanks for sending our forgotten key. So we only had to change one lock. We sending you a letter with money for the postage.
If we travel to prague later again, we would only book this hotel. So maybe... see you later.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Alexandra S

Reviewed October 8, 2011

The location is not simply remote but really inaccessible without a personal transport. Rooms are smoke-filled and dirty. Furniture is old. No elevator. Breakfast was scant, seemed had been cooked for animals not people. At night hotel's restaurant was leased to deafening celebrations (wedding), so sound sleep at this hotel was just a dream.
Terrible place!

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel even for economical staying
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
HotelSvornost, Manager at Hotel Svornost, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2011

Good day.
You've probably visited the other hotel. I do not understand your criticism. I do not know what having breakfast at home, but our breakfast buffet (the cold part of the warm, sweet and salty pastries, juice, tea, coffee, yogurt and organic fruit, organic food, butter, margarine, spreads. 5 kinds of sausages and cheeses. Power I'm sorry your criticisms, but not at all objective

Reviewed September 7, 2011

"+" It was not the worst 3 star hotel. They are very friendly with pets! In Svornost you must take everithing easy. The stuff was rather friendly and tried to be helpfull.
"-" The restaurant is in site - but it's often occupied by local dancing club and hotel guests are not allowed then, and have to go somewhere else or agree to eat in a smoky pub. And we were shocked a little to see poodles exhibition which passed directly in the restaurant, upon table cloths (which had been washed after and with sings of dogs wool were laid on tables again). I love my dogs - but disdain strangers' ones.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2011

Very good location, easy to find by car. Good neighbourhood, close to the tram. Gentle staff in the reception - who really was helpfull.
The breakfast was ok. The food in the restaurant we only tryed 2 times - first time it was ok, second time there was another cook and also waitress - and this team was not the best. Food was poor and the waitress didn't understand much else than czech.
Room were so far OK, but we only got clean towels when I asked for them in the reception - we stayed there for 6 nights. The rooms were also not cleaned that much.

Room Tip: Rooms on first flor I would recommend.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BenteP
Reviewed May 12, 2011

This was my first time in Prague together with my wife. Prior to the trip, we had other hotel options to choose from…. (PRAGUE IS FULL OF HOTEL CHOICES).. My wife recommended Svornost initially and after some lengthy discussion together, I made Svornost the choice of stay for us.
I guess In my opinion, I found the price of Svornost satisfactory for the days we were going to be there.
Met the hotel owner first hand as we took the hotel service for pickup from the airport. Nice chap who speaks adequate English for us to understand. A bit late on the pickup but was nice enough to apologize and explain why.
There was a mix-up on our first night of the stay at the hotel with regards to the room allocation due to the peak season…it was Easter Week FYI but Tomas did a great job by providing us a larger room with all the facilities like we requested. We were fully satisfied with the room size!!! We had plenty of good nights sleep with this hotel.
Locality as stated is in a quiet neighborhood but I’m not complaining…the train station is really near and the trains do come punctually. It’s an average of 10 to 15mins of traveling time to the city center where all the attractions are. Breakfast is good; we do see a choice of meats, breads & spreads.
The reception is very friendly, there were some outstanding staff who provided us great information and warm service especially Maksim.
Overall, we had a great stay in Prague and I would recommend this hotel to guests who are looking for a comfortable stay and service at a very accommodating cost.

Thanks again Tomas and team for our wonderful stay in Prague!

Room Tip: the rooms facing the street are more spacious
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
9  Thank mishandled
HotelSvornost, Manager at Hotel Svornost, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2011

We look forward your next visite.
l

Reviewed April 20, 2011

Such a welcome surprise! I loved this hotel!
A smallish Hotel compared to the large chain ones, with amenities of ***** (5)star hotels. The service is very personal and extremely attentive guest oriented and super friendly staff.
My lack of knowledge of Czech language ( I think Chinese or Greek might be easier to learn...lololol.. ) was easily helped by members of the staff that spoke good to broken English but tried very hard to help me with wonderful results.
My room was very clean,fresh thick towels in the impeccably clean bathroom,a conformable mattress and clean linens made my stay wonderful.( no smoking or moldy smell at all ).
A good to very good free breakfast was served buffet style but one or two servers were available most of the times to help with coffee,water,orange juice or utensils.The only inconvenience is that they end the breakfast service at 11 A.M. but the quality and variety made up for it.
Svornost is located less than 100 ft. from the train station and the last train from the center of Prague arrives around 11 p.m. but the noise from the station stays all night with you,unless you get a room located opposite to the station.You are only 15 minutes away from the noisy center of Prague in a residential area with great homes,safe and well lit at night.
I loved the friendly smiling faces at the front desk always ready to help as much as they can.Taking a taxi to central Prague isn't expensive at all but watch out for dishonest drivers that try to charge you double the fare! Restaurants do the same so BEWARE of over charges in the tourist traps around Prague1,2,3 and 4.Here in Prague 9 people seem to want you to come back to enjoy this magnificent City of 1000 Spires...AND I WILL!!!!
Svornost Hotel is my home away from home next time around.

Room Tip: Get a room not facing the train station.
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
13  Thank louisphillippe
HotelSvornost, Manager at Hotel Svornost, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2011

Thank you .
We are looking forward to your next visit

Reviewed March 31, 2011

Quiet area, simple rooms, friendly and helpful staff.
The hotel restaurant is very-very good.
Try: knuckle and many beers. :)

The old city of Praha is 10 minutes by train. The train station is just 150m far from the hotel. Trains go every half hour.
They have safe and free parking area.
Thank you for everything! The next year we would like to visit again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends